Default AN at Couples Negril - Royalton Resort Impact

Just wondering... With the large Royalton resort going up close to the AN section of the beach at CN, does anyone know if there will be any negative impact on the AN section? Is there any truth to a rumor I heard that it could cause the au natural section at CN to disappear? That would be awful and such a loss. Please say it is not true!

See the thread below. Mgmt replied that they have no plans to close the beach.

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Beach-Closing

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ColdCanucks View Post
    Just wondering... With the large Royalton resort going up close to the AN section of the beach at CN, does anyone know if there will be any negative impact on the AN section? Is there any truth to a rumor I heard that it could cause the au natural section at CN to disappear? That would be awful and such a loss. Please say it is not true!
    This has already been covered. Right now the AN area is fine, per the management. Nobody has said anything further. I'm not sure what resort was there before, but IMO they should just have to deal with it. That said I wish it was another adults only resort to make things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
    This has already been covered. Right now the AN area is fine, per the management. Nobody has said anything further. I'm not sure what resort was there before, but IMO they should just have to deal with it. That said I wish it was another adults only resort to make things easier.
    wishing does come true. Grand Lido is being brought back as a Au Natureal hotel on the point. Might give Couples a reason to step up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsinbill View Post
    wishing does come true. Grand Lido is being brought back as a Au Natureal hotel on the point. Might give Couples a reason to step up their game.
    There are only 26 suites at the Grand Lido, and more expensive. I am not sure it will change Couples Negril. What would be nice is if the au naturel areas of th etwo resorts were next to each other.

The problem is that the "new" Grand Lido Negril will be out at the end of Point Rutland, as far from Couples as possible. Their nude beach will even be on the "back side" abutting Point Village and not on Bloody Bay at all. So there will be no positive impact on the actual Couples Negril nude beach - the section of the Royalton next to Couples will still be the family section with a kid's club down to 4 yo.

Grand Lido is being brought back as a Au Natureal hotel on the point. Might give Couples a reason to step up their game.
    This is great news for those of us who love Couples!

Which point are you refering to?