Default Pushcart excursion

Hello,

As anyone done this excursion? We would like to go and have dinner at Pushcart but are not sure it the length of time for transport allows for that. We would have no problem getting a taxi home. Also reservations necessary for dinner?
    Thank you
    8 days to go..................one love

I saw this on the activities list but am not familiar with Pushcart. What is it?

Default Pushcart

Pushcart is a casual restaurant near the Rock House. It is on the cliffs. We went to dinner a few years ago at the Rock House and loved it. We thought we would give Pushcart a try.

Quote Originally Posted by mainesunlover View Post
    Hello,

As anyone done this excursion? We would like to go and have dinner at Pushcart but are not sure it the length of time for transport allows for that. We would have no problem getting a taxi home. Also reservations necessary for dinner?
    Thank you
    8 days to go..................one love
    Hi mainesunlover,
    We did this excursion from CSA twice during our stay in December. The first time there were probably 10-12 of us that went; the second it was just me and my wife. Lots of fun, great spot to have dinner, drinks and watch the sunset; the bar staff is awesome! We were there for roughly 2 hours which was plenty of time to have a couple drinks and dinner. Definitely, this is a must do...we loved Pushcart, planning on doing this again while at CN this coming Sept. Oh, and Mr. Scott who drove us both times, really great guy! No reservations required. Not sure whether you are staying at CN or CSA; but, at CSA I believe it went out on Tuesdays and Thursdays, departed at 5PM from the greathouse lobby and returned at roughly 7PM.
    "Love is the only thing we have to share"

CN 2011, 2016
    CSA 2013, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by lvmcgill View Post
    I saw this on the activities list but am not familiar with Pushcart. What is it?
    We haven't been except briefly on the catamaran cruise. I believe they used to stop there and let people jump off the cliff (no more). It's a pretty good restaurant from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by lvmcgill View Post
    Watch the beginning of Cool Runnings.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014, April 2015, April 2016 Soon Come
    CN April 2014

Pushcart is the 'other' restaurant at Rockhouse Hotel up on the cliffs. It's a simple place with a beautiful view and good food and drink. It's the one you look up at from the water when the Couples Catamaran cruise where you swin into the caves. We ate at Pushcart twice last week while staying at Rockhouse before moving down to CN for the rest of our trip. The sunset bar visit seems short if you are trying to eat dinner. I would take the trip up there and then have them get you a cab back. Most nights you won't need a reservation for Pushcart. If you just want to go there for dinner you can call Rockhouse and make a reservation. They will pick you up at Couples for free (you just tip the driver) and then you pay your way back in a taxi they can arrange for you (probably $10 US for two people from Rockhouse to Couples plus a tip).
    The jerk and other traditional Jamaican dishes at Pushcart are very good we thought. There is also some sort of music just about every night.
    Have fun if you go!

Sorry for the late response. Pushcart is a restaurant located on the cliffs. It is part of the Rockhouse resort. We have eaten at Rockhouse- very good and thought we would give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by mainesunlover View Post
    Sorry for the late response. Pushcart is a restaurant located on the cliffs. It is part of the Rockhouse resort. We have eaten at Rockhouse- very good and thought we would give this a try.
    Wait a minute. So pushcart is NOT the sport they do at the beginning of cool runnings? Oops my bad! 😄
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014, April 2015, April 2016 Soon Come
    CN April 2014