Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 43 of 43
  1. #26

    Default

    It makes me very happy that Couples does not have any sort of discriminatory policies against same-sex couples and personal opinions aside, the unfortunate fact remains that Jamaica is not a gay-friendly country. I also have close friends with whom I would love to share our favorite vacation destination, but even they feel as though they would rather spend their valuable vacation dollars going some place where are welcome rather than trying to hide their relationship.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wallace02mgd View Post
    Eric,

    I agree that we should not be judgmental. I agree that a gay person is entitled to every right a straight person has including marriage. What I don't agree with is how you can make hateful comments and belittle those with faith in a comment about not being judgmental. Bottom line is the comments you make about religion are no better or worse then those made by ironranger towards gays. I hope this was just a rant and you do not truly disapprove of my way of life as much as your post indicates. Being hypocritical is to common these days. Like me grandfather used to say, You need to practice what you preach or stop preaching all together.
    Good post. I only disagree with your religious way of life if you try to force it upon other people. Ironranger is suggesting forcing his religious views upon other people by wanting Couples to not allow same sex couples. I just thought he or she needed a blunt wake up call that not everybody shares their interpretation of Christianity which explains the harshness of my post.

  3. #28

    Default 1250

    Respect for all should be a given on this forum. I'm sorry but personal religious beliefs , stating who should be banned from staying at Couples is in such very bad taste and certainly does not belong on this forum. In your home, your place of worship, you make your own rules , live by them as you see fit, but demanding others to do the same, well that is without a doubt disrespectful. One love is clearly not the motto they are living by and that's fine, demanding others not to live by that is completely unacceptable.

  4. #29

    Default

    I said I wasn't looking for an argument. Everybody has there own opinion and I stated mine. I meant not to offend anyone and stand by my beliefs and at this point in my life it will not change. Everyone has there own interpretation of the bible as I have mine. What people do behind closed doors is there own situation to answer to when the time comes.

  5. #30

    Default

    Whenever I'm in Jamaica, one of the words I hear the most is respect. Many of those that have posted definitely need to show some.

  6. #31

    Default

    My wife and I would like to send all of you lots of love from Canada. We wish everybody peace, happiness and good fortunate, regardless of your sexual orientation, religious and spiritual beliefs, political views, or intellectual opinions. We are heading back to Sans Souci in May and are looking forward to meeting lots of people from all walks of life.
    Cheers!
    Jeff & Ashley

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffAsh View Post
    My wife and I would like to send all of you lots of love from Canada. We wish everybody peace, happiness and good fortunate, regardless of your sexual orientation, religious and spiritual beliefs, political views, or intellectual opinions. We are heading back to Sans Souci in May and are looking forward to meeting lots of people from all walks of life.
    Cheers!
    Jeff & Ashley
    Well stated! Cool runnings!!!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    Good post. I only disagree with your religious way of life if you try to force it upon other people. Ironranger is suggesting forcing his religious views upon other people by wanting Couples to not allow same sex couples. I just thought he or she needed a blunt wake up call that not everybody shares their interpretation of Christianity which explains the harshness of my post.
    Glad to here. I was hoping that you where just blowing off steam. Might be good to remember in the future that terms like "cloud fairies" and calling the bible a "2000 year old book of myths" then following up by blaming god for "giving kids cancer" is just as inappropriate as using derogatory terms towards gays or any other group. I understand you where blowing steam and did not mean to insult every Christian in the room. I forgive you. Live and let live!!!

  9. #34

    Default

    Also chiming in from Canada.... We just got back from CTI and were saddened by the fact that some of the couples we share our daily lives with don't feel comfortable enough to enjoy the God given beauty and splendour of the island. I don't give a darn where everyones sexual orientation leans, it's simply a shame we can't all feel welcome under the same sunshine in the same way (since I'm sure those things aren't mutually exclusive).

  10. #35

    Default you forget WE are in the majority. Sorry if you can't do the math

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfhary20 View Post
    EricW wins!!!! Those of you that will look for another resort please do, only more room for those of us that operate in the real world of 2016!!!
    Since facts, figures and reality allude you, You of course are currently lost. But we will pray for you to see the light. When 1% try and dictate to the 99%, the loss is inevitable.

    As the embarrassment of Obama passes, so too will the liberal lefts agenda. Best get used to President Trump. Or you can run for your 'safe' space and your local daycare centers that were once proud colleges and universities.

  11. #36

    Default Fear I think not

    Quote Originally Posted by vjp1974 View Post
    As a Christian, I often ask myself, do I choose to walk in fear or in love. The Jesus I know was big-time into love. Your comment leads me to believe that you choose to walk in fear, and what a terribly sad way to approach life.
    Since Jesus is God and stated categorically the Ten Commandments are law, I find your non-commitment to Jesus's teachings disappointing. I pray you read the bible a bit more and realize what you are supposed to be modeling. Jesus stated clearly to turn away from sin, not support it.

  12. #37

    Default

    We met a few same sex couples at CSA last May. They were not treated any different on the resort then any other couple. Off resort as previously mentioned, they would want to keep a low profile.

  13. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    Since facts, figures and reality allude you, You of course are currently lost. But we will pray for you to see the light. When 1% try and dictate to the 99%, the loss is inevitable.

    As the embarrassment of Obama passes, so too will the liberal lefts agenda. Best get used to President Trump. Or you can run for your 'safe' space and your local daycare centers that were once proud colleges and universities.
    Soooo, you're religion is correct and the other 2/3 of the world who practice a different religion are going to rot in hell, interesting. Your 1% is a little off as well. According to the Pew Research Center around 15% of Americans define themselves as "no religion" and "no religion" has been the fastest growing demographic in the polls for the past 20 years. Also, not that it is any of your business I'm a freaking Republican. The only views that I share with the Democrats are the few issues that have to do with freedom from religion. Go Trump.

  14. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    Since facts, figures and reality allude you, You of course are currently lost. But we will pray for you to see the light. When 1% try and dictate to the 99%, the loss is inevitable.

    As the embarrassment of Obama passes, so too will the liberal lefts agenda. Best get used to President Trump. Or you can run for your 'safe' space and your local daycare centers that were once proud colleges and universities.
    You say "facts, figures and reality", yet you pray to something that cannot even be proven scientifically to exist.

  15. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    Since Jesus is God and stated categorically the Ten Commandments are law, I find your non-commitment to Jesus's teachings disappointing. I pray you read the bible a bit more and realize what you are supposed to be modeling. Jesus stated clearly to turn away from sin, not support it.
    Jesus teaches tolerance and love. He teaches us that we are not to judge others sins since we ourselves our sinners. Where in the Ten Commandments does it even bring up homosexuality? Oh that's right it does not. If fact it talks about using the lords name in vain and worshiping false profits. It also states that we shall not covet. "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's" (Exodus 20:17).

    Who among us is not guilty of that? We all covet things that we see others have. We all covet things we see in ad's or on the self at a store. We all have something we want that we do not have. This is not only a sin but one of the commandments. If I am breaking one of the 10 commandments daily as are most all humans who am I to judge someone for committing a sin that is never referred to in the bible as being worse then the one I commit on a daily basis a sin that was not deemed bad enough to be listed as one of the ten commandments. Perhaps a re-reading of the teaching of Jesus needs to be done by yourself. I would love to see a passage from you backing your claims about Jesus telling us to turn our backs on a group of sinners. Where it shows that he tells us to hate people. Where does he tell us that we should hate homosexuality but turn a blind eye to other sins? If you have a problem with homosexuality simply because it's a sin you should have a problem with every single person at Couples or anywhere for that matter as every single one of us are sinners.

  16. #41

    Default really?

    Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    You say "facts, figures and reality", yet you pray to something that cannot even be proven scientifically to exist.
    It takes more faith to believe in Evolution than creationism. But I'm open to your Proof of evolution.......... as expected you have none. But in reality, that is what is great about the U.S, you can believe what you want and associate with whom you want. Well, 2 exceptions, liberals have no tolerance for any discourse or diversity. and the second is from Muslims, as evidence by Europe and the Middle east...zero tolerance also....

  17. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    It takes more faith to believe in Evolution than creationism. But I'm open to your Proof of evolution.......... as expected you have none.
    ...apart from the fossil record, the universal genetic code, common embyotic traits, etc. It is a theory, but it's a scientific theory, which is based on evidence, not faith.

    Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    Well, 2 exceptions, liberals have no tolerance for any discourse or diversity. and the second is from Muslims, as evidence by Europe and the Middle east...zero tolerance also....
    You dropped your Trump hat. Thought you should know.

    Please take your bigotry elsewhere. Your digression to base, sweeping generalizations are against the spirit of the message board, and an insult to our educational system.

  18. #43

    Default Please....

    ironranger - you sir are clearly unable to see how people do not always fall into 1 bucket... I have 2 Bachelors and a Masters so I too value higher education... I am also a Republican and Trump supporter... That doesn't mean I have to project my thoughts upon others and force them to see things my way because I feel it is the "best"... Religion varies world-wide and the age of those religions do as well. Many are older than your blessed Christianity, so what makes them wrong? The fact that bloody wars were not fought over their books? Or that explorers didn't force the inhabitants of new lands to abandon their own beliefs (also thousands of years old) and follow theirs or die? My personal opinion is that religion is each cultures way of setting their moral code on how to be a decent human being. To each their own and certainly the same to you but keep the judgment and hatred to yourself.... RESPECT!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •