Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Same sex married couples at CN?

My wife and I love Negril and have been 30+ times. We would love to share the island with two dear friends who are a married same sex couple. I need to know that our friends would be welcomed and comfortable at CN. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    D.
    Last edited by Drebidue; March 17th, 2016 at 05:32 PM.

Cant speak for anyone else or resort policy but as a guest I would have no problem with it.

Default Might want to think about that a little more. Might not be a good idea.

The Laws in Jamaica are against homosexuality, I'm no sure I would go to a place that is hostile to my life. Your Choice.

I'm certain it will be fine. Last time we were at CSS there was a lovely Dutch SS couple there with whom we became friendly. They had champagne at breakfast every morning - very impressed!

They will be fine on the resort. They will be treated the same as everyone else.

Off resort is a different story. They should be very careful to hide their relationship off resort.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

My husband and I would not have any issues with it. We have been at CN twice now (going back for our 3rd time in April!), and both times there were same sex couples there. From what I could tell, no one seemed to mind. I believe everyone is truly there to enjoy themselves, and reconnect with their significant other. When you are talking to someone new at the swim up bar, and you are having a conversation about some sports team or best places to eat while you are in Vegas or whatever, their sexual orientation should have no impact on the conversation. People are people, some are really interesting, some are really boring, some are a little (or sometimes a lot) eccentric. Everyone that is there, is there as a couple, and the other couples there can 'enhance' their vacation through conversations at the pool, or the bars, or showing off their awesome dance moves. Meeting different types of people while on vacation, can provide you with lasting lifelong friendships, why let something as trivial as what sex their significant other is, impact that opportunity? But that's just me.

I will mention that reading the message board for many years now, the thing that seems to 'rock peoples boat' the most, are single people at the resort (for a wedding or something) and over the top public displays of affection (no matter the sexual orientation of the couple). I will admit that I agree with the over the top PDA's. If you really want to 'make out' with your significant other, go back to your room, it's not that far of a walk.

I hope you find accepting people! it would be a shame to not be able to comfortably enjoy your vacation with your friends, and show them how awesome Couples Negril is!

Cheers!
    Anit

Our first trip to Negril (2003) we traveled with 2 other ss couples but stayed at different places but hung out and met up for a wedding. They weren't making out on the beach but they didn't have any issues that I recall. Pda's'still wouldn't be a a good idea I suppose as others have said.

I have to admit I never noticed any couples that were same same on our last visit. I was aware that it was illegal there and there was discussion of it on our ride to the resort. Sorry to say, I hope I don't see any either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Glow View Post
    My husband and I would not have any issues with it. We have been at CN twice now (going back for our 3rd time in April!), and both times there were same sex couples there. From what I could tell, no one seemed to mind. I believe everyone is truly there to enjoy themselves, and reconnect with their significant other. When you are talking to someone new at the swim up bar, and you are having a conversation about some sports team or best places to eat while you are in Vegas or whatever, their sexual orientation should have no impact on the conversation. People are people, some are really interesting, some are really boring, some are a little (or sometimes a lot) eccentric. Everyone that is there, is there as a couple, and the other couples there can 'enhance' their vacation through conversations at the pool, or the bars, or showing off their awesome dance moves. Meeting different types of people while on vacation, can provide you with lasting lifelong friendships, why let something as trivial as what sex their significant other is, impact that opportunity? But that's just me.

I will mention that reading the message board for many years now, the thing that seems to 'rock peoples boat' the most, are single people at the resort (for a wedding or something) and over the top public displays of affection (no matter the sexual orientation of the couple). I will admit that I agree with the over the top PDA's. If you really want to 'make out' with your significant other, go back to your room, it's not that far of a walk.

I hope you find accepting people! it would be a shame to not be able to comfortably enjoy your vacation with your friends, and show them how awesome Couples Negril is!

Cheers!
    Anit

Thanks everyone for the input. I spoke with the staff at the resort an was told there would be no issues. My wife and I have been to Negril many times and really want to show our friends what all the fuss is about. They are a wonderful couple and I have never known anyone who didn't instantly like them ( gay or straight). As far as going off the resort , We will. I want them to see the cliffs, (maybe a fresh orange juice and vodka at Woopie's ) maybe the canoe bar or a pub crawl, who knows. I have several drivers that I use all the time and I've always taken good care of them SO there should be no issues. Thanks again, D.

Quote Originally Posted by Drebidue View Post
    I have several drivers that I use all the time and I've always taken good care of them SO there should be no issues. Thanks again, D.
    While the drivers won't say anything, I still recommend a low profile at places where locals are present. Understand that this commonplace thing in the US (and elsewhere) is very culturally taboo in JA.

nicoleandmark - Are you saying you would have a problem with this? If couples is ok with it what is your issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfhary20 View Post
    nicoleandmark - Are you saying you would have a problem with this? If couples is ok with it what is your issue?
    sorry, but not everyone even in my state and many others don't agree with the Government or states that have passed this law. I was born a Christian and until they change the bible I am unable to support this logic. I am not looking for an argument but I hope we don't have to change out vacation "home" because of this.

nicoleandmark wrote sorry, but not everyone even in my state and many others don't agree with the Government or states that have passed this law. I was born a Christian and until they change the bible I am unable to support this logic. I am not looking for an argument but I hope we don't have to change out vacation "home" because of this.[/QUOTE]

Let just start with no one is born a Christian, it is a decision we have to make for ourselves. As to why you would need to change your vacation plans is ridicule. Yes they Bible says that same sex couples is a sin, it also talking about sex before marriage being a sin as well, I have not taken a poll, but I am guess there are people there who are not married having sex. Will you change you plans because of this sin? What about people who drink to much, again something that goes against the word of God. Last time we were there lots of people were drinking a lot, will you change your plans because of this? And there is those who smoke the local crop, I am sure God frowns on this too, changed your plans yet, cause people are doing this sin there too. My point is if you are going to be offended by one person sin, you are going to need to be offended by them all and stay in your house. Or you can try and do what we Christians are called to do and love each other like Christ loved us. Be light to the word and help to effect change in peoples hearts. You cannot do this banging on your Bible. Stepping off my soap box now, "not looking for an argument"

Wow.................

nicoleandmark~ I'm not going to comment on your views.. they are yours.... BUT I can tell you that the topic of same sex couples at Couples was well covered a number of years ago . I thought we were past this, but i guess not... Anyway... it was made clear at the time that Couples position is "ALL couples in love" are welcomed at all the Couples Resorts, and that includes same sex couples. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleandmark View Post
    I have to admit I never noticed any couples that were same same on our last visit. I was aware that it was illegal there and there was discussion of it on our ride to the resort. Sorry to say, I hope I don't see any either.
    As a Christian, I often ask myself, do I choose to walk in fear or in love. The Jesus I know was big-time into love. Your comment leads me to believe that you choose to walk in fear, and what a terribly sad way to approach life.

sorry, but not everyone even in my state and many others don't agree with the Government or states that have passed this law. I was born a Christian and until they change the bible I am unable to support this logic. I am not looking for an argument but I hope we don't have to change out vacation "home" because of this.
    A little judgmental, don't you think? I believe that the Bible also says.. Love one another...it also talks about casting stones...judge not lest you be judged.....
    No one is "born" a Christian....it is a CHOICE you make and you may want to CHOOSE to follow the entire Bible and not just a passage that supports your judgments.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Default Remember Diversity REQUIRES difference in opinions.!!

Nice to see Christians standing up. I find it interesting the lack of tolerance for Christians for the 'tolerance' group. I hope I don't see any as well as I will go else where also. And for the support of this. Every state in the USA voted against it, it was imposed on by liberal judges. So WOW right back at ya.

Default Born a Christian

I was also born a Christian and yes you can be born a Christian you can also make the choice to become one later in life or to renounce your faith all together. To be more specific I was born Catholic. I later made the choice to no longer be a Catholic but retain the Christian faith. As a Christian I need to forgive others sins so my sins can also be forgiven. The modern day Christian should be relying on the New Testament and focus on the teachings of Jesus. No where in the New Testament does it call out homosexuality as a major sin worse then any other. As a mater of fact it puts more emphasis on people who put to much value in money and material things having a hard time getting into heaven. Any of us who can afford to go on a nice vacation at a all inclusive resort in Jamaica fall into that group. After all shouldn't we be using this "vacation money" to help the less fortunate? Should we not denounce out capital ways and put our time and values in loving one another instead of accumulating wealth and possessions? Since I have a healthy 401K go on nice vacations and have countless material possessions I for one have no room to judge anyone else for their sins that do not harm others.

Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    Nice to see Christians standing up. I find it interesting the lack of tolerance for Christians for the 'tolerance' group. I hope I don't see any as well as I will go else where also. And for the support of this. Every state in the USA voted against it, it was imposed on by liberal judges. So WOW right back at ya.
    Lack of tolerance for Christians, what the heck are you talking about? You are free to do and worship however you want in your homes and your churches and wherever you choose to gather as a group. What you are not free to do is impose your narrow minded judgement and hate amongst other people who might not share your view or might happen to not believe in "cloud fairies". I don't understand how not allowing Christians to pass discriminatory laws based upon their 2000 year old book of myths is intolerance. Your god is out there every day giving little kids cancer, he is not a good role model in my opinion. As a man who is married to a woman I'd rather the entire pool bar at CN be filled with same sex couples than 1 single judgmental individual like yourself.

EricW wins!!!! Those of you that will look for another resort please do, only more room for those of us that operate in the real world of 2016!!!

Blog Entries

Couples Resorts DOES NOT discriminate...We do accept ALL Couples in Love.

Let's remember that not all persons will agree with our opinions, however please remember that while sharing your opinions on the subject we ask that you remain respectful to all....I have allowed thread to continue so as to allow persons to air their varying opinions and would hate to have to delete it due to lack of respect...

Thank you...
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Michelle G- I think it would be beneficial for management to again state Couples policy on this issue. I'm assuming my previous post is still accurate.

Let's not forget that not all Christians are intolerant of gay couples. I certainly am not.

Default 10600 east

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    Lack of tolerance for Christians, what the heck are you talking about? You are free to do and worship however you want in your homes and your churches and wherever you choose to gather as a group. What you are not free to do is impose your narrow minded judgement and hate amongst other people who might not share your view or might happen to not believe in "cloud fairies". I don't understand how not allowing Christians to pass discriminatory laws based upon their 2000 year old book of myths is intolerance. Your god is out there every day giving little kids cancer, he is not a good role model in my opinion. As a man who is married to a woman I'd rather the entire pool bar at CN be filled with same sex couples than 1 single judgmental individual like yourself.
    Eric,

I agree that we should not be judgmental. I agree that a gay person is entitled to every right a straight person has including marriage. What I don't agree with is how you can make hateful comments and belittle those with faith in a comment about not being judgmental. Bottom line is the comments you make about religion are no better or worse then those made by ironranger towards gays. I hope this was just a rant and you do not truly disapprove of my way of life as much as your post indicates. Being hypocritical is to common these days. Like me grandfather used to say, You need to practice what you preach or stop preaching all together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast