Default Day Trip from CSA- Suggestions and thoughts

We usually just stay on the resort and enjoy the beach for our full vacation. This year we are thinking of leaving for a day. But I have 3 things I want to get done that day. 1. Blue Hole Mineral Springs 2. Mayfield Falls 3. Glistening Waters. Then return to CSA. Has anyone done this? Or have a suggestion of someone to talk to about taking us for the day? TIA

Also we will be there Oct 16-23, if anyone else is interested, maybe we can work it out.
    Rob and Gina

CSA 2013, 2014, counting down to 2016

We take one day and reserve a driver to take us wherever. Many suggestions on TA or just do a search. We have done Appleton Estate, the Black River with its crocodiles, YS Falls with nature trails, zip lining, and rope swing into one of the pools below a fall, and a stop at Rick's Café to watch the cliff divers. You may only be able to choose 2 or 3 of these as there is a lot of travel time involved. The driver will help you plan. We also ask the driver to find a local place for lunch to get some real Jamaican food. It is fun to be on your own schedule.

That sounds like a VERY long day! We did Mayfield Falls when we were there last...left CSA at like 9am, didn't get back until maybe 2 or 3? It's a bit of a ride and then you climb the falls, etc. I have no input on your others destinations, but I don't know if you can get that all done in one trip! We did some research on TA and hired a private taxi, can't recall the company off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Lee-Ann ~N~ Paul; March 17th, 2016 at 02:19 PM.

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" ~Bob Marley

Default DAY Trips / Driver Recommendation

Hello,

We did a day trip to Mayfield Falls and the Blue Hole (closer to Negril, I think there are 2 Blue Holes) with Kevin from Jammin Jamaica Tours. I cannot recommend this company highly enough. First, they are very quick to respond to email and communicate with you which helped to ease the questions that pop up like "Will they show up"?, etc. Second, Kevin was on time and an excellent driver and people person, giving us an idea of the areas we were passing through and a sense of what life in Jamaica was really like.

If you email them, they can give you a realistic idea of how much you can do in one day or maybe suggest other excursions you are not aware of.

The trip we took was the entire day with 2 stops, I think we were picked up at 9:00 a.m and got back around 4:30 pm. Personally, I would skip the Blue Hole that is closer to Negril. From Mayfield, it was a long drive and nothing to see except 1 blue hole that you could dive into if adventurous or use the ladder to go down. It was cool to see but I do not think worth the drive since we only swam in it for about 15 min.

We really enjoyed Mayfield Falls. From what I heard, it is quite different than YS. This was a true river walk and it was flowing heavy the day we were there. You have guides, a photographer taking pictures, etc. It was an invigorating workout and a chance to see the beautiful countryside of Jamaica.

I have not been to Glistening Falls but 3 stops in one day sounds like too much, especially if you are accustomed to lounging around the resort most of the time like we do Mayfield was tiring and by the time we got back to the resort, we were definitely ready to be back at the resort. Maybe you can do the Glistening Falls on a separate evening to break it up.

Let me know if you have further questions, hope that helps!