Default Insulated cups at CTI

My husband and I will be heading to CTY in 4 days...is it true we should not pack out insulated cups because they won't allow the bartenders to pour drinks into them?

Yes, but you can order two drinks and pour them into one if you want.

It is not true... the bartenders will accommodate any cups you have. We are CTI regulars and never had a problem! Enjoy your stay

No matter which Couples resort we visit we take our insulated Tervis cups with us. It is my understanding that by Couples rules the bartenders are not supposed to fill them so we think it would be rude to ask them to do so. That would put them in an difficult position and doing so would just be rude on our part since we know they are not supposed to do it. But we do often pour our drinks into them as mentioned above because the they stay cold, the top keeps sand out of our drinks, and the sipper hole is perfect for a straw. Sometimes we use them for water, or even coffee in the mornings. We always use them and find them worth taking along with us.
    I have seen people here say the bartenders always fill their big mugs, and I'm not saying they won't. They don't want to disappoint nor anger any guests. What I'm saying is that until that policy changes it's not right to put them in that position by asking them to do what their employer tells them not to do. But the mugs are still great to have along if you have room to take them!
    Enjoy!
    Roy

We used to take the insulated cups, then they would sit in our room all sticky and attract ants and we had to take them back to the room to wash them out all day, we do not take them any longer, the bars are not that far away at any time and we need the exercise

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    No matter which Couples resort we visit we take our insulated Tervis cups with us. It is my understanding that by Couples rules the bartenders are not supposed to fill them so we think it would be rude to ask them to do so. That would put them in an difficult position and doing so would just be rude on our part since we know they are not supposed to do it. But we do often pour our drinks into them as mentioned above because the they stay cold, the top keeps sand out of our drinks, and the sipper hole is perfect for a straw. Sometimes we use them for water, or even coffee in the mornings. We always use them and find them worth taking along with us.
    I have seen people here say the bartenders always fill their big mugs, and I'm not saying they won't. They don't want to disappoint nor anger any guests. What I'm saying is that until that policy changes it's not right to put them in that position by asking them to do what their employer tells them not to do. But the mugs are still great to have along if you have room to take them!
    Enjoy!
    Roy
    Apparently a lot of confusion about this, even from the official Couples side of this. Here is a post that would indicate it is just fine (http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...481#post262481), however, as I mentioned further down in that post (after getting some folks riled) I was reporting a difference to what appeared to be clear-cut policy.

Something we like to do is fill ours and then get a lounge float and go tie off in the swim area for 30-60 minutes (we bring a 20' floating line with us to run through the headrest part of the float).

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    We used to take the insulated cups, then they would sit in our room all sticky and attract ants and we had to take them back to the room to wash them out all day, we do not take them any longer, the bars are not that far away at any time and we need the exercise
    Umm, we give ours a quick rinse once we get them back to the room and are headed out for evening festivities. Usually only use them during the daytime.

This has been a pet peeve of ours- but we own 2 insulated cups that we bought at Couples-with Couples logo on them, from the Couples gift shop. More than once we have been told they could not fill them, usually after a bit of coaxing they will eventually fill us up. This past year at CSA-we literally had to go to a different bar on the beach to fill our drinks- not sure who some of the bartenders are following, but clearly they are receiving those directives from someone in management. I personally prefer drinking out of my own vessel than a cup everybody and their uncle has been slurping from( No Offense). m&s

Here is a response from Couples regarding a guests inquiry on using insulated cups.

MichelleG 'Island Girl'

Hi CdnCpl,

Thank you for your query. Insulated Cups or any other cups that you may take with you, our bartenders will accommodate your requests to make or serve drinks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    This has been a pet peeve of ours- but we own 2 insulated cups that we bought at Couples-with Couples logo on them, from the Couples gift shop. More than once we have been told they could not fill them, usually after a bit of coaxing they will eventually fill us up. This past year at CSA-we literally had to go to a different bar on the beach to fill our drinks- not sure who some of the bartenders are following, but clearly they are receiving those directives from someone in management. I personally prefer drinking out of my own vessel than a cup everybody and their uncle has been slurping from( No Offense). m&s

I have always brought my own Tervis mostly for the water stations and coffee. I loved getting fruit (lemons, limes, etc.) and putting that in my water. Or for Orange Beers at the self serve Red stripe tap. My husband uses the Tervis in the evenings when he makes his own rum drinks in the room. I have never asked a bartender to fill my Tervis and the reason is not related to the questions of will they or can they. I take that back I did have my Tervis filled with Beer /orange juice at the Couples Lounge on arrival our last trip. I just haven't. Although I have had the thought many times about just how clean the previous drinker was with the cup I am using now?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    They DO wash the cups

We've personally never understood bringing your own cups but to each their own. We've seen people get them filled without any problems. I guess we just drink too fast to worry about warm drinks or melting :/

Blog Entries

Hi All,

Let me chime in again on this one....If for any reason you visit one of our resorts and the bartenders DO NOT serve you drinks in YOUR Personal mugs....No worries...Just pour the drink they make in hotel cups into your mugs.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    I guess we just drink too fast to worry about warm drinks or melting :/
    I usually run to the beach bar for drinks. But even if I have a full one, I will ask the flag service staff for a drink (fully confident that I will be ready when the drink arrives ). 6 more weeks...