Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
    I'm not sure about this.
    If you're wearing slummy clothes to a classy venue, what shall we presume about you?
    Why should you "presume" anything about anybody - especially, by they way that you judge they dress? Wow... classy.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013, 11/2015, 11/2016, 11/2017, 11/2018

Anyone been to Bermuda???
    These are about as dressy as you can get with shorts....

http://media.cntraveler.com/photos/5...uda-shorts.jpg

As a first time Brit visitor to CSS in November 2016 and having read this thread with interest will someone please put me out of my misery , in that having spent an arm and a leg for a special occasion trip that for dinner at Casa Nova I won't be sitting next to a table with someone wearing a baseball cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Araf View Post
    As a first time Brit visitor to CSS in November 2016 and having read this thread with interest will someone please put me out of my misery , in that having spent an arm and a leg for a special occasion trip that for dinner at Casa Nova I won't be sitting next to a table with someone wearing a baseball cap!
    Araf,
    It is not likely. My husband tried to get away with wearing nice shorts and was promptly sent back to our room for trousers, LOL.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    Since "dress jeans" have been added to the dress code for the "fancy" restaurants, I'd love to see management consider adding nicer shorts to the dress code. My husband hates dress pants on vacation and I don't blame him. He always wears nice shorts with a polo at night, minus the night I make him put on pants. I don't think dressier shorts are any less deterring then jeans. I'd be able to eat at the "fancy" restaurants more if you'd consider the shorts as well
    It would be nice if your husband considered wearing a formal shirt-- why is it so many men consider it appropriate to dress in t shirt sneakers, shorts and a cap when their wifes have made the effort to look femine and attractive --- The only excuse put forward is --I have to dress formally at work -- what about respect for your partner and the trouble they have gone to so as they look attractive for you-- why go to couples swept away if thats how you want to behave -- its after all for romantic couples

Quote Originally Posted by supersaint View Post
    It would be nice if your husband considered wearing a formal shirt-- why is it so many men consider it appropriate to dress in t shirt sneakers, shorts and a cap when their wifes have made the effort to look femine and attractive --- The only excuse put forward is --I have to dress formally at work -- what about respect for your partner and the trouble they have gone to so as they look attractive for you-- why go to couples swept away if thats how you want to behave -- its after all for romantic couples
    I'm sorry, but I find it a stretch to say that a man wearing a nice polo shirt and dress shorts is showing "disrespect" for their partner.

Precious and I love and agree with the current dress code.
    Hugs from Tommywommy

Name:  hugs.jpg
Views: 2101
Size:  8.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by supersaint View Post
    Wow. This may be the most pretensious, ridiculous, judgy comment I've seen. No my husband will not wear a button up shirt on vacation. I don't care if he wears a polo. Or a t-shirt. It's our vacation and he wears what he feels like wearing. His clothes or mine do not make the experience any less romantic. And who are you to tell us not to go on vacation at a Couples resort because my husband doesn't want to dress up for supper every night!?!?! Worry more about you and your partner and less about us and what we're wearing.

Boston23x you won't have to dress up at our Par Taa! Check out New England Couplesholics 8 TH annual in Dennisport MA on October 22. I'm guessing you are a new englander?

I am not someone who normally dresses up. That said...I don't understand why people don't like to be a little dressier for dinner at a nice place like this. It just adds to the vacation. It is not like you are staying at Joe's beach shack!! Get a grip people and bring one nice outfit, it won't kill you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommywommy View Post
    Precious and I love and agree with the current dress code.
    Hugs from Tommywommy

Name:  hugs.jpg
Views: 2101
Size:  8.3 KB
    But Tommywommy it's your wife who is supposed to wear the dress!

XxX
    Kevin & Sylvie
    COR 2003, 2005, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSA 2005, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSS 2007
    CN 2003

Default Right on Lee Ann n Paul...right on indeed.

I agree with Lee Ann n Paul. Couples is a classy place, and it just seems appropriate to dress nice for dinner at such a resort. It shouldn't be a big deal to put on a pair of pants when you go to the fine dining restaurant. My wife and I have been coming to CN every year for the last 9 years, and we believe there has been a general decline in the evening attire overall. Let's maintain the dress code and keep Couples special.

This might be a bit simplistic, but, if you don't want to get dressed up for dinner ( I agree that Bermuda shorts and a polo shirt look smart) don't book high end resorts that have a dress code. Or, if you do, respect the fact there is a dress code and choose to eat in the other restaurants. To meet the dress code half way how about linen trousers and a relaxed shirt? Or change after your meal?😆. If you holiday in European resorts long trousers in the restaurants are the norm even if it is not a la carte.........

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Lass View Post
    This might be a bit simplistic, but, if you don't want to get dressed up for dinner ( I agree that Bermuda shorts and a polo shirt look smart) don't book high end resorts that have a dress code. Or, if you do, respect the fact there is a dress code and choose to eat in the other restaurants. To meet the dress code half way how about linen trousers and a relaxed shirt? Or change after your meal?��. If you holiday in European resorts long trousers in the restaurants are the norm even if it is not a la carte.........
    To add a further European slant on this - my pet hate is men "of a certain age" wearing 3/4 shorts and thinking that they look "hip" (they don't). I hope of no relevance to CSS visit coming up - 20 November for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Lass View Post
    This might be a bit simplistic, but, if you don't want to get dressed up for dinner ( I agree that Bermuda shorts and a polo shirt look smart) don't book high end resorts that have a dress code. Or, if you do, respect the fact there is a dress code and choose to eat in the other restaurants. To meet the dress code half way how about linen trousers and a relaxed shirt? Or change after your meal?��. If you holiday in European resorts long trousers in the restaurants are the norm even if it is not a la carte.........
    Yorkshire Lass,
    I completely agree with you and simply do not understand all of the back and forth discussions. I do not care what anyone is wearing, however, we have all chosen to visit Couples and the resorts have a few rules and a few dress codes. If you do not like the rules or the dress codes, choose somewhere else. Just like the AN beaches, if you do not want to be naked, don't use that beach.
    As a side note, we just returned from CSS and were there during the hurricane. All food service was moved to the Cassanova and served buffet style. Since it was the only restaurant, the dress code was temporarily lifted. It was funny, because I noticed that repeaters still followed the dress code for dinner and newer visitors did not. Lunch was also served there and it just felt very strange to walk into the Cassanova in my swim cover up....made me laugh at myself.
    Last edited by JEANNEW; October 13th, 2016 at 11:53 AM.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

I don't have an issue with pants, but I'd like for men to be allowed to wear sandals. Men's dress shoes are heavy and baggage weight limits can be tough. If women can wear open toed shoes then why can't men?

Quote Originally Posted by JakkL View Post
    I don't have an issue with pants, but I'd like for men to be allowed to wear sandals. Men's dress shoes are heavy and baggage weight limits can be tough. If women can wear open toed shoes then why can't men?
    Dress sandals for men have been allowed at Cassanova (San Souci) for quite some time and hubby has always been allowed in wearing his Keens. No flip flops.
    Last edited by JEANNEW; October 18th, 2016 at 12:48 PM.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

The baseball cap at the table is the worst..

Tanlines, I agree but even worse is a baseball cap with sunglasses on top of it. As a Brit I have never understood this and often wondered if it a new way to prevent hats fading in the sun ......

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG 'Island Girl' View Post
    Thank you all for sharing your comments/feedback and suggestions regarding our revision of the dress code. After careful consideration, we have decided that Dress Shorts will NOT be included as an option.

Again, we are appreciative of your feedback and look forward to your continued support and thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Michelle G
    So you will allow "dress jeans" whatever that means, but dress shorts for men you consider inappropriate for the islands! My husband and I live in Florida and neither of us hardly ever rear jeans besides I only own 2 pairs and my husband has 0!! He wears golf shorts 24/7 and owns one pair of dress pants which he only wears at Couples or weddings/funerals. I think you should really consider the "dress shorts", I'm sure no one would take advantage of it, if they want to dress, they can. Some women don't don't dress up anymore for Feathers or Lemongrass at CSA that I've seen the past few years we've been there so where's the difference?!

Helen & Paul, Fl.

2002 CSA, 2006 CSA, 2010, CSA, 2011 CSA, 2012 CSA, 2013 CSA, 2014 CSA, 2015 CSA, 2016 CSA, 2017 CSS/CSA, 2018 CSA, 2019 CSA, 2020 ?????

Quote Originally Posted by blondie56 View Post
    So you will allow "dress jeans" whatever that means, but dress shorts for men you consider inappropriate for the islands! My husband and I live in Florida and neither of us hardly ever rear jeans besides I only own 2 pairs and my husband has 0!! He wears golf shorts 24/7 and owns one pair of dress pants which he only wears at Couples or weddings/funerals. I think you should really consider the "dress shorts", I'm sure no one would take advantage of it, if they want to dress, they can. Some women don't don't dress up anymore for Feathers or Lemongrass at CSA that I've seen the past few years we've been there so where's the difference?!
    Prepare to be attacked by the "phobia of mens' bare legs" crowd :-)

Quote Originally Posted by blondie56 View Post
    If only Couples had restaurants where shorts are allowed . . . Oh, what's that? You mean they do???

Blog Entries

Hi Blondie56,

Please note that shorts ARE ALLOWED in some of our restaurants. The ONLY restaurant that DOES NOT allow them are in our fine dining, so your husband/partner can take along shorts with him to wear at the restaurants that allow it. Please understand that as with everything there are rules and we only ask for our guest to understand our point of view and to respect it as we do yours.

Thank you.

Michelle G
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Too funny Gin Mon!
    Again, I do not understand all of the complaining. If you don't like the dress code, choose a restaurant without one...seems simple to me.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

I too second the option of "shorts"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast