Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by ddaugherty View Post
    Remember it well. It made me feel like I was being treated as a respected guest. Now it feels more like a cattle corral, while I'm saying 'moo' going through the line. We have two trips this year and two next already booked but really this is the last chance here in two weeks, else I'm done. Just in the past six years we have spent 10 months at the facilities. Before that much, much more time we can't remember that far back. So it will take much for us to change but we are about there.
    Believe me, ddaugherty... AND COUPLES - TAKE NOTE!!!... There are plenty of us old school, year in and year out clients who constitute the real customer "base" who feel the same way. We have, in fact, sampled a few of the non-inclusive properties on the same stretch of Negril Beach in the last two years. We'll likely do so again, due to budget concerns, frankly, but SweptAway is still our home. However, if the trend to cater to the one-and-done customer continues, we'll assume that we are being written off as high maintenance geezers and regrettably move on. End of October, Couples... Take note... There will be a test after class.

I am sorry if I am beating a dead horse here, but I was hoping someone could answer these clarifying questions for me. These are in relation to Couples Swept Away:

1. http://www.couplesweptaway.com/restaurants_bars.asp

FEATHERS

Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

Is this still accurate: NO JEANS, NO SHORTS?

2. LEMON GRASS

Dress: Resort Elegant (no jacket required)

Is this is same rule of NO JEANS, NO SHORTS?

We are leaving in a couple weeks and I just want to make sure I don't need to do any last minute shopping. I would prefer to take care of all that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofthebeach View Post
    You will roast your butt off wearing jeans in Jamaica.
    Ha! That is the truth! Khakis are much more comfortable and cooler than jeans. We just packed for our trip and my husband said no way to jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by Eatso View Post
    I am sorry if I am beating a dead horse here, but I was hoping someone could answer these clarifying questions for me. These are in relation to Couples Swept Away:

1. http://www.couplesweptaway.com/restaurants_bars.asp

FEATHERS

Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

Is this still accurate: NO JEANS, NO SHORTS?

2. LEMON GRASS

Dress: Resort Elegant (no jacket required)

Is this is same rule of NO JEANS, NO SHORTS?

We are leaving in a couple weeks and I just want to make sure I don't need to do any last minute shopping. I would prefer to take care of all that now.
    You can wear jeans to lemongrass, but I don't know why you'd want to. It's hot, humid and outside. Slacks and such would be much cooler. I usually wear light slacks with a light Polo or button down shirt. Most people i see do the same. I guess I don't pay attention to others enough to notice if they wear shorts or not. It seems to me shorts would be the exception, not the rule in general though.

As for feathers, I saw someone get rejected tonight for not having a collar although he was otherwise dressed nicely. It's a fine restaurant, you will be out of place at best if you dress it down, rejected if you go too far. It's air condtioned, so most people will be dressed for the occasion. I don't recall seeing any men wearing sandals, although I don't bother paying much attention to others. Jeans and/or shorts will surely get you sent away.

We were at CTI recently and saw a couple turned away at 8 Rivers as they were both wearing flip flops. They returned with proper footwear. Otherwise, both were dressed meeting the "dress code".
    Vicky

OK
    I'll continue to flog this rented mule...............
    I'll leave the discussion alone about jeans vs. chinos vs. dress pants, etc
    I will ask this of Couples management.
    I assume that Couples has an email address for many of the guests, maybe the majority. It would be very beneficial to all if Couples sent a standard email 2 or 3 weeks prior to check in that had a reminder about the dress codes (as well as any other helpful info) for the given resort and restaurants that the guest may be attending. For years I have worn dress slacks at the CSS gala on Friday nights as I thought shorts were a no-no. Last year I looked at the table next to ours to see the resort manager wearing a pair of nice dress shorts. I was confused. Are shorts allowed at the gala or not. A simple "canned" email, specific to each resort and explaining what is acceptable dress at each of their restaurants and functions would be most helpful and appreciated.

At CN there is only one restaurant that requires men to wear pants. It's a wonderful experience dining there. Other choices are available if you choose to wear dress shorts and a shirt WITH A COLLAR. Polo shirts are excepted. The returners dinner was moved out of the air conditioned restaurant to the out side. I do think the dress code should change for that, it's to hot to eat outside for men with pants on. The fans didn't really help.

You guys are still at this, huh?

We have been going to Couples resorts for many years so not new by any means. I know there is air conditioning but he hates wearing pants in the tropics. I don't see how jeans are any dressier then a nice pair of khaki golfing shorts.

What are dress jeans exactly? For those who've been going to CSA since the 90's, you'll remember that Feathers was located where the spa now is and it was outdoor seating, no A/C AND men had to wear jackets! My husband would sit and sweat. I'll take whatever the dress code is for indoor seating and A/C!

Quote Originally Posted by Plubby View Post
    Three points;

1. As a Brit, I always find the context of the use of 'pants' amusing.
    2. "Dress Jeans".... would be laughed at if I went into a shop and asked for a pair, I think someone's been smoking
    3. I'd rather have jeans than the increasing sight of someone wearing a frigging baseball cap !
    Well, I'm an Ex Brit (no offence, but very EX) but baseball caps are very common everyday attire in the US and I wear one (of many I own) frequently when I go out casually dressed (which is most of the time since we are retired). Some of the hats worn in the UK would be not be appreciated and thought extremely odd over here. On my infrequent visits to the UK I have noticed over the years that baseball caps are becoming more common ("more" - not "very"). It's all according to local customs. history and fashion. However I absolutely agree - I hate to see people wearing hats of any kind inside restaurants or other people's homes, etc. It's just rude. But what is it about baseball caps in particular that some people think is OK to do that? I always take my hat off. Even my very expensive original Stetson - and if there are no hooks I will place it under my chair - upside down of course.

I get your point about "pants", though it can mean the same here as in the UK - it's all in the context. I once wrote a presentation for a class about UK/US words - it's quite an amusing topic. Maybe I'll start a thread and share for all to enjoy and help with translation and maybe a little more respect for both our versions of English while on your Couples vacations folks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8