Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

This is our first trip, My husband is not a big fan of dress clothes, but being that these are the rules and we would like to enjoy a fancy restaurant and dress up while we are there, he is going to wear dress clothes. It is for one or maybe two dinners. We do not see a big deal. Rules are rules and everyone should quit trying to change them. It would be different if you didn't have any other choice of where to eat. Make that night a special occasion and be over romantic and dress up. Wear shorts to all the other places to eat, there isn't a dress code for them.
    Enjoy your time there.

Quote Originally Posted by cheri-greg-wv View Post
    This is our first trip, My husband is not a big fan of dress clothes, but being that these are the rules and we would like to enjoy a fancy restaurant and dress up while we are there, he is going to wear dress clothes. It is for one or maybe two dinners. We do not see a big deal. Rules are rules and everyone should quit trying to change them. It would be different if you didn't have any other choice of where to eat. Make that night a special occasion and be over romantic and dress up. Wear shorts to all the other places to eat, there isn't a dress code for them.
    Enjoy your time there.
    "dress up" for guys consists of a polo shirt, chinos & deck shoes. it's not a big deal.

Here is how I dress in the "formal" settings (each clothing item is a link):

Pants - it's like wearing pajama pants.

Shoes - Crocs are light weight, comfortable, casual...like pajamas for your feet (I go with black to match the shirt below, contrast with white pants)

Shirt - I have a solid black that I like a lot and a few floral ones, but you can get as crazy and colorful as you feel comfortable

In my opinion, the look is good, it complies with resort requirements, the clothing is light & comfortable and reasonably priced (to me). I have been wearing the same stuff (give or take) for 10+ Couples trips, so I think I have gotten pretty good value. One tip is to bring one of those Tide stain remover pens. I invariably drip red wine on my white pants and the pen works really well...I have removed the stain and worn the same pants again on the same trip.

Thanks, he will be happy to know it isn't that big of a deal. We are looking forward to it.

What about the ladies?
    What is considered too sexy for women?? We like to dress up when we go out to dine at resorts, but our last couple of trips have been to Hedo - not Couples. We like short dresses and high heels for her? Is this too much?

we are going to couples swept away and I have read numerous things about the dress code - can someone please let me know if ladies can wear dressy leggings to the restaurants? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwife_and_hubby View Post
    What about the ladies?
    What is considered too sexy for women?? We like to dress up when we go out to dine at resorts, but our last couple of trips have been to Hedo - not Couples. We like short dresses and high heels for her? Is this too much?
    No but high heels might be too much depending on where your room is. I never wear heels anymore as we do alot of walking.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but ladies can wear whatever they want (short of a John Deere hat with a sleeveless t-shirt).

(my apologies as I may have just violated the silly post rule)

I have to be honest, after going Sans Souci last year (and repeating this year), I almost feel like they need more of a dress code again for the gala and Casanova. Being a guy, I have to say the guys were the worst. I would see these wives who spent so much time and effort dressing up nice, putting on makeup, the entire thing, then seeing so many guys barely doing anything. I saw guys wearing ball caps and shorts at the Gala while their wives went through and did so much work for them. They are dressing up for them and the guy not caring. It made me so sad and felt bad for the women trying so hard to be romantic and beautiful. I personally feel the guys should realized this in the first place and did what was right. But sadly so many of them did not put the two and two together making the evening less magical than it could have been for the wife. It's two sides in a relationship, not just one. At least dress code help them realize hey, I need to dress up. So it's not ruining the large amount of effort the other person made. Heck, we spent most of our time on SSB shows how much on dress code we did most of the day, lol. But evening, I made sure I dressed up nicely every evening for my wife. Ok, I know our relationship I'm the romantic most of the time. So I love dressing up nice for her (she would not let me wear a dress jacket...), so it meant in the reverse a lot to me my wife did it for me. Just my little soap box about dress code.
    Jason (mbjnt) and Heather (hetoepfer82)
    Sans Souci 2016, (July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by mbjnt View Post
    I have to be honest, after going Sans Souci last year (and repeating this year), I almost feel like they need more of a dress code again for the gala and Casanova. Being a guy, I have to say the guys were the worst. I would see these wives who spent so much time and effort dressing up nice, putting on makeup, the entire thing, then seeing so many guys barely doing anything. I saw guys wearing ball caps and shorts at the Gala while their wives went through and did so much work for them. They are dressing up for them and the guy not caring. It made me so sad and felt bad for the women trying so hard to be romantic and beautiful. I personally feel the guys should realized this in the first place and did what was right. But sadly so many of them did not put the two and two together making the evening less magical than it could have been for the wife. It's two sides in a relationship, not just one. At least dress code help them realize hey, I need to dress up. So it's not ruining the large amount of effort the other person made. Heck, we spent most of our time on SSB shows how much on dress code we did most of the day, lol. But evening, I made sure I dressed up nicely every evening for my wife. Ok, I know our relationship I'm the romantic most of the time. So I love dressing up nice for her (she would not let me wear a dress jacket...), so it meant in the reverse a lot to me my wife did it for me. Just my little soap box about dress code.
    Thank you!

Bruce and Kelli
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    CN 2006, 2008; CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014; JRB 2015; CSS 2017

Thank You!
    CN 2015
    CSS 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    CTI 2016 ( day pass), 2019
    2020 ?

Thank You!
    CN 2015
    CSS 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    CTI 2016 ( day pass), 2019
    2020 ?

Thank you!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We went to CN a few years ago and felt like we were over-dressed. People were going to dinner in the t-shirts and shorts that they wore all day. One of our favorite things about Couples is getting dressed up for dinner. It makes the whole evening more special. I have no problem with people wearing nice shorts and shirts to dinner but a t-shirt with a beer logo?!? Go to one of the other resorts that don't have the nice dress code then. I didn't realize that the dress code for the Casanova included jeans now. Why??? Why would you want to make Couples like every other resort that allows people to wear whatever they want? Make an effort! My husband and I both have an entire wardrobe we've accumulated over the years that we only wear to Couples (CSS mostly) and we really look forward to breaking these out to look nice for each other.
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

It's surprising to see how judgmental people are and how some people feel other peoples style and dress are somehow related to romance and how hard they "try" for each other as a couple. Did anyone stop to think that a vacation to an extremely casual resort might be the guys only chance to not wear a business suit every day of the week? I don't understand the "go to a more casual resort comments". Have you guys been to other adults only resorts? We've been to several and most of them are much more strict and formal with their dress codes and dining options. We keep returning to CSA BECAUSE it is the most casual beach resort we've been to...and that's exactly what we want. So, if you see my husband in a beer t-shirt or me in shorts and shirt at Lemongrass or in capris in Feathers...please...don't feel bad for either one of us. We are extremely happy in our marriage and how other people dress, or think about our dress, will never, ever, ever be of concern to us as long as we are within dress code rules.

For sure would like to see dress shorts, long pants in the heat is too much for some ppl

Well, just to repeat others' points, manners are not mutually exclusive to one side of the ocean or the other. Additionally, if you wear a ball cap in any indoor restaurant you have no manners to speak of; unless you're in chemotherapy and have lost your hair...... I do not feel that I have to act 'classy', whatever that means, when I am at CN. I suspect that the costs of trips like this are something that denotes 'classy'? No? Does dressing up denote 'classy'? Doubt it. To me, 'classy' denotes behavior, not necessarily what one looks like. To summarize, classy is, is classy does. 40 days and a wake-up back to CN! Irie.

The saddest thing about this thread is that IT'S STILL ALIVE! Get a life, people. If you judge others by how they dress, whether "good" or "bad", you are the problem. It's funny that the most important thing some people bring back from vacation is how others dress for a 90-minute meal. LOL
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013, 11/2015, 11/2016, 11/2017, 11/2018

We were at the Repeater's Dinner last July, and the guys got so hot in their long pants that a few ended up sick and the others were dripping with sweat. If it's outside, CN should definitely allow dress shorts.

We are here in late May early June 2017 and in both Casanova and Palazzina, men of all ages wore nice shorts. In fact, at the latter restaurant that was the norm and at times the shirts were not dressy at all. At the former there were far more long slacks but still a fair number of shorts, and some couples were quite dressed up and beautifully so. I went with slacks at Casanova and khaki dress shorts at Palazzina. I did not have any problem however with other people's attire. It did not distract from our time or focus.

Like a previous poster, I, too, cannot believe this topic still has legs; but for a different reason. Couples has a dress policy that adds to its unique charm... it's why many of us return. No one is forcing anyone to spend their hard-earned money to be miserable or uncomfortable in adhering to this code. If someone doesn't like the policy, there are other resorts that may better suit their fashion sense; or, they could just, as others have noted, dine at the other facilities on the resort that don't have the dress requirement.

Just for clarification, are dress shorts allowed at the "reservation restaurants?" #startingtopack

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Thank you!
    Agreed, but it appears the declination in dress formality follows that of the staff. Some of you long timers may remember the days of the white coated, white gloved waiters and the ceremonial unveiling of the evening meal by removing the silver covers. Something of the traditional Couples ambiance has been lost, which is what made it a special place.
    You can't lay on the beach and drink rum all day, if you don't get started in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawfish View Post
    Agreed, but it appears the declination in dress formality follows that of the staff. Some of you long timers may remember the days of the white coated, white gloved waiters and the ceremonial unveiling of the evening meal by removing the silver covers. Something of the traditional Couples ambiance has been lost, which is what made it a special place.
    Oh, how I remember, and long for, those days! At SweptAway's old Feathers, dinner dress was resort casual compared to the old GL (no longer there), where they provided a sports coat for the gents if they showed up without one.

The new Feathers is closed in, not al fresco as it once was; it's got good A-C, so "dressing up" need not be the unbearable discomfort for some of these gents who "just can't stand" to do so... sorry, but I simply cannot relate. Dinner was, indeed, an elegant event, and was served with a continental flourish! Today, it's still very elegant in a Jam-Fusion, nouveau-cuisine kind of way.

Guys... You're in paradise with the love of your life, for heaven's sake! Buck up, Buttercup... man up and put on some pants!

Default Asking resort to listen to its customer base. Customer relations 101

Quote Originally Posted by Sawfish View Post
    Remember it well. It made me feel like I was being treated as a respected guest. Now it feels more like a cattle corral, while I'm saying 'moo' going through the line. We have two trips this year and two next already booked but really this is the last chance here in two weeks, else I'm done. Just in the past six years we have spent 10 months at the facilities. Before that much, much more time we can't remember that far back. So it will take much for us to change but we are about there.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast