Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Ann ~N~ Paul View Post
    What are dress jeans? Is that even a thing? What does that refer to...no holes, dark color etc.?
    Yep. Tailored, to boot. Some workplaces allow this as appropriate attire, but it's still not "nice restaurant" fodder.
    -Sent from my dress jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Plubby View Post
    Three points;

1. As a Brit, I always find the context of the use of 'pants' amusing.
    2. "Dress Jeans".... would be laughed at if I went into a shop and asked for a pair, I think someone's been smoking
    3. I'd rather have jeans than the increasing sight of someone wearing a frigging baseball cap !
    Could not agree more. I think the wearing of baseball caps in restaurants should be banned, but then I'm also a Brit that has good manners!.

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    They better be policing it or we'll be seeing rips and tears and asses hanging out.
    You may have missed the gent in the ripped muscle shirt a few years back.

I too think the idea of jeans is crazy. Jamaica is hot. And while my husband will wear the pants to Feathers since it is air conditioned, he immediately goes back to the room and changes into shorts. He feels the heat much more than I do!

Personally, I don't have any issues with abiding by the dress codes....but I can't recall a time that I've ever thought twice about what others are wearing. If someone wants to wear a baseball cap, how does that affect me? It certainly doesn't make the food taste any better or worse.....It doesn't ruin my evening. Maybe that's because my focus is on who is sitting at my table....

Well I just read on the new policy that jean shorts, or "jorts" as they are affectionatly referred to here on the message board, are now accecptable as well. I personally don't partake of these, but have no objection to a nice pair of Daisy Dukes on a female.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineseekers View Post
    Could not agree more. I think the wearing of baseball caps in restaurants should be banned, but then I'm also a Brit that has good manners!.
    Wow, I hope that your not implying that "Brits" have a lock on good manners. I was born a "Brit" and raised in North America, having spent a fair bit of time on both sides of the pond, I can certainly say that no one side has better or worse manners.

I agree about the ball caps, however, in restaurants at Couples I have seen my fair share of men wearing "ball" caps with UK Football logos.

I don't mind having to wear nice pants to the restaurant, but I disliked having to wear shoes instead of sandals. I'm glad that sandals are permitted. A few years ago I was turned away from a resort's formal restaurant in sandals. I ended up wearing my golf shoes (soft spikes).

I stick to my opinion. If jeans are allowed and dress shorts with dress sandals are not it is more about forcing men to wear long pants (for some reason) than wanting people to look dressed up. If I am going to be told that I can't wear my dress shorts I'm fine with that but don't tell me I'm not dressed up enough in my dress shorts and collard shirt and then allow somebody in ratty jeans and a Duck Dynasty T-shirt to be seated. Dress shorts look more formal than jeans. Maybe it's different areas that cause different opinions. There is not a restaurant in my small city of Des Moines Iowa that I would not go to in summer wearing dress shorts and a nice shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperman View Post
    Wow, I hope that your not implying that "Brits" have a lock on good manners. I was born a "Brit" and raised in North America, having spent a fair bit of time on both sides of the pond, I can certainly say that no one side has better or worse manners.

I agree about the ball caps, however, in restaurants at Couples I have seen my fair share of men wearing "ball" caps with UK Football logos.
    I bet the ball caps are covering up the receding hair line!!! There is no room for ball caps at the better restaurants.

I'm always kind of sad to see how many ladies take the time to get nicely dressed up in the evening and the guys they are with walking about in shorts and a T-shirt. To each their own I suppose, but I don't think it's much to ask at all to throw on some slacks and a nice shirt. We're not talking dinner at Applebee's here. Step up your game and be a Gentleman!

Quote Originally Posted by smokedmarlin View Post
    I'm always kind of sad to see how many ladies take the time to get nicely dressed up in the evening and the guys they are with walking about in shorts and a T-shirt. To each their own I suppose, but I don't think it's much to ask at all to throw on some slacks and a nice shirt. We're not talking dinner at Applebee's here. Step up your game and be a Gentleman!
    Agree 110%.

Quote Originally Posted by smokedmarlin View Post
    I'm with you on this one smokedmarlin. As much as I hate to put on my rather light slacks to eat at Eight Rivers, It isn't a big deal for me to wear them for an hour or two for dinner. After we eat, I simply go back and change into shorts . It might take me all of 10 minutes to change and get back. Call me crazy but... I think people are more respectful when they dress up. C'mon, it's a nice restaurant and some of us don't get to go to nice restaurants that often.
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

For as much money as I pay to come and enjoy the Couples resorts why should I have to pack extra pants and shoes just to go and eat dinner. There is nothing wrong with a nice pair of golf shorts, polo shirt, and some nice flip flops purchased from a beach vendor. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdinIndiana View Post
    For as much money as I pay to come and enjoy the Couples resorts why should I have to pack extra pants and shoes just to go and eat dinner. There is nothing wrong with a nice pair of golf shorts, polo shirt, and some nice flip flops purchased from a beach vendor. Just my two cents.
    Cabana grill would be better fit then. ��

I don't get it. If you don't want to bring pants along don't, there is other restaurants where you can wear shorts. You have that choice. But if you choose to go to the nicer restaurant that requires pants, then you should wear them. If you choose a higher end restaurant where you lived, would you go against their dress policy? I am sure not, if you did not like the policy you would just eat elsewhere. Well you can do the same here. If you don't want to wear long pants, then go to one of the other restaurants on the resort that you don't have to. I am sure there is at least 2 other restaurants on each resort. The only restaurant that requires the long pants at CSS is Cassanova. The other 2 are OK with nice shorts and collared shirts. Come on, they are not asking you to dress "black tie", just nicer than an everyday type of restaurant.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by ColdinIndiana View Post
    I'm with you....Worst than the pants are having to wear closed toed shoes, in my opinion. We are in Negril, "The Capital of Casual", for cripes sake! :-)

EricW - maybe it is a geographical thing. We're in Sioux Falls, SD, and guys wear nice shorts and polos or dress shirts to go out. I can't remember the last time I've seen a guy in dress pants when it's warm out regardless of the restaurant. I guarantee you my hubby's shorts look way better then a pair of jeans.

Smokedmarlin - I really don't know why it matters to you what someone else's husband is wearing to dinner. To each their own. If I want to dress up and my husband wants to wear a polo or t with shorts it really shouldn't matter. If I'm not worried about what he's wearing then I have no clue why anyone else would care.

[QUOTE=muck;276103]I'm with you....Worst than the pants are having to wear closed toed shoes, in my opinion. We are in Negril, "The Capital of Casual", for
    You can wear dressy sandals for cripes sakes!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    EricW - maybe it is a geographical thing. We're in Sioux Falls, SD, and guys wear nice shorts and polos or dress shirts to go out. I can't remember the last time I've seen a guy in dress pants when it's warm out regardless of the restaurant. I guarantee you my hubby's shorts look way better then a pair of jeans.

Smokedmarlin - I really don't know why it matters to you what someone else's husband is wearing to dinner. To each their own. If I want to dress up and my husband wants to wear a polo or t with shorts it really shouldn't matter. If I'm not worried about what he's wearing then I have no clue why anyone else would care.
    Couples wants to keep it classy and shorts aren't classy imo. They post dress requirements so people should follow their rules. If not, don't eat there simple as that.

[QUOTE=softail19;276121]
    Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    You can wear dressy sandals for cripes sakes!
    Good to hear. On our previous trips, I think men had to wear close-toed shoes. Just didn't make sense that I should have to pack a pair of dress shoes for Negril....made it tough for me to to fit everything into my carry-on luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Couples wants to keep it classy and shorts aren't classy imo. They post dress requirements so people should follow their rules. If not, don't eat there simple as that.
    I don't think anybody in this thread has suggested not following rules. It's more of a discussion regarding how it's not OK to wear dress shorts (which are classy imo) but it's now OK to wear jeans. My wife would actually prefer to wear dress shorts and a nice shirt as well. As I have said before, I don't really get what the big deal is. Once you are seated your legs are underneath the tablecloth and they can't be seen anyway. Opinions will differ and I will begrudgingly follow the rules whatever they may be.

Over the years our idea of what to wear, and when, at CSA has evolved. We started out packing too many day clothes; shorts, tee shirts, etc. and only a couple swim suits and a couple of dressy outfits. We now pack lots of swim suits, my wife will pack a dozen suits at least for our 9 day stay this June, and I will take a half dozen. We pack work out clothes, yes we do work out almost everyday at CSA, that will double as cover ups for lunch and breakfast. And finally we pack dressy clothes for most every night's dinner and after. My wife will pack several dresses and I will pack 4 pair of "linen" type pants (very comfortable, and don't take up much space) that I only wear on vacation along with several "Hawaiian" style print shirts with collars. We spend all day on the beach, and we like to dress up for dinner. We have reached the point where we can pack all our clothes and gear in our carry on bags and one check bag that we share. I used to be more casual than my wife at dinner time, but I felt like I owed it to her to do my best to dress up to her level. And she looks great for dinner every night. We do appreciate the dress code, especially at Feathers. At the other restaurants we don't care as much. We are used to being dressed a bit more than some of the other folks at dinner, doesn't bother us at all. But we also appreciate when we see others dressed up a bit as well. To us being dressed up adds to the romantic atmosphere of CSA at night. I think "dress" shorts are OK for all the dinner venues other than Feathers, though I find faded, camo, cargo shorts and tee shirts with beer logos a bit too casual for evening attire.
    Have a great trip!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    ... but I felt like I owed it to her to do my best to dress up to her level. And she looks great for dinner every night. .... We are used to being dressed a bit more than some of the other folks at dinner, doesn't bother us at all. But we also appreciate when we see others dressed up a bit as well. ... I think "dress" shorts are OK for all the dinner venues other than Feathers, though I find faded, camo, cargo shorts and tee shirts with beer logos a bit too casual for evening attire.
    Have a great trip!
    So totally agree with the comments above. Hope I haven't taken too much out of context but agree about "dress" shorts at all but the fancy restaurants (we have never been to CSA). Also, think that asking for pants (not jeans) is perfectly acceptable but that of course is my opinion. I will abide by what ever Couples states is the dress code or will be a step above.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

What dirtleg said ^^^

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast