Thread: Best time

Default Best time

Trying to convince my husband to try AN. My question is when do you all think would be the best time to go and have him feel more comfortable. When it is more crowded and we can blend in or less crowded and not as many people around.

I'm having same challenge but reversed I want to try but my wife doesn't. We are late 50's not particularly fit in fact we are considered over weight. I could care less but she's very self conscious. Our daughter has been to C/O and has commented that she saw a lot of people going AN that shouldn't have been. She said that not having a clue that we are considering trying it or at least I want to. Either way April 23 can't get here soon enough.

The best time to try is the time when is ready. Personally, I think it is easier when it is crowded... but, he may not. He may want to go early morning or much later in the day when there may be just a few couples there. Which resort are you going to? At CN and CSS you can try it early in the morning or later in the day if you want. At CTI you will have to wait till 9:00 am for the boat to take you over but you will have to leave by 5:00 pm. The way that works best is the 30 minute deal. Tell him you really want to try it and see if he will go with you for 30 minutes and if he feels it isn't for him after that, then you just leave. It is a bit of trickery though because just about everyone wants to stay. Do try it the first day because if he likes it you will certainly return every day after.
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

My husband was unsure about trying au naturel too. The first time we went over to SSB he only went because I bugged him too. The second time (the next day), he said lets go to the beach....I walked toward the main beach and he walked towards SSB (ha ha)!! Anyway, no perfect (better) time to try, but we went around 11am the first time. I think your husband would feel more comfortable when the beach has a few people there....when it is empty it is harder to get comfortable. We have been to CSS twice and cannot believe how friendly and welcoming people are on the au naturel side. If you do go to SSB try playing pool volleyball....so much fun!!
    ...Kelly 🤗

CSS December 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (booked) 😎

It depends on which resort you will be going to. We have done AN at all 3 and early in the day seems to be less crowded.

I'd say earlier in the morning. Have him read the thread on people trying it for the first time. I'm self-conscious and it was hard to do, but I'm so glad I did. Nobody judges, and if you want to be left alone and not be social (me for example) it will happen as well.

You can always just put your clothes back on, and be on your way if you dislike it.

Personally, I think early would be best. Just head over after breakfast and stake out your seats. Usually it's less populated, and you can get comfortable before it gets busy. After a while you'll see that it's no big deal, and it's a lot more comfortable than a wet swimsuit all day.

The best time to is when you are both comfortable. Do people look, sure they do but nothing is ever said or done to make you feel self concious about being there. A funny but completely true story for you. Last year at CTI 2 women came to the Island without their husbands and when they walked to the pool they were covering up as best they could with their hands and that made them stand out. The next day when they came their husbands or significant others were with them. The ladies just got right in the pool without even a notice but the funny thing was that when their significant others came into the pool they were also covering up which makes everyone notice. No comments were made either day but it was mentioned after they had gone that what they did made them stand out. The majority of the people that we see on the Island are just normal people that like to have a good time and socialize. Does everyone have a perfect body, no, but who cares. We see people in ages from their teen's into their late 70's. If you don't feel comfortable or your partner is not comfortable then leave, but at least go out of your comfort zone once, you may find that the freedom is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail58 View Post
    I'm having same challenge but reversed I want to try but my wife doesn't. We are late 50's not particularly fit in fact we are considered over weight. I could care less but she's very self conscious. Our daughter has been to C/O and has commented that she saw a lot of people going AN that shouldn't have been. She said that not having a clue that we are considering trying it or at least I want to. Either way April 23 can't get here soon enough.
    Going AN is not about fitting a certain body criteria. It has nothing to do with your weight or what you look like. We aren't there for someones approval. I'm sorry, but your daughters comment shows how little she knows about the whole experience. If she spent any time on the Island at CTI, a day at Sunset Beach or the nude beach area at Couples Negril, she would "get it". You are equating behavior at a C/O with a place where everyone must be naked. The two are very different, and have a different vibe... I don't know which resort you and your wife are going to, but rest assured your wife will feel very comfortable wherever you go. No gawkers, singles, or judgment, which are common at C/O places. At Couples it will be just a bunch of fun naked couples drinking, soaking up the sun and having a great time. You will see all shapes and sizes and you will certainly not be the only overweight couple there... The one thing that many first timers are surprised to find is that going AN is empowering. That's something we all could use now and then... Once you get there take a look around and you will see nobody is paying any attention to you or your wife. Everybody is busy doing their own thing. The people there are so respectful and non-judgmental and could care less about what anyone else looks like... Really.
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

grab a cocktail, sit down and read thru this:

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Your-vacation

As for 'people who shouldn't be AN'....it's not a factor, pure and simple, no one at SSB cares what you look like. it's fun in the sun, 'cept you're bareassed. LOL

Thanks doncindy for the encouraging words. Maybe I can get Gail to read some of the these posts. As for the link someone suggested, I have already read each and every post in the A/N section and each and every post in the Feedback after your vacation section. 6 months ago when we booked I wouldn't have thought I could do A/N but after all the reading I've done I think I can I think I can I know I can!! Now just have to convince my wonderful wife. Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by BRAWD View Post
    The best time to is when you are both comfortable. Do people look, sure they do but nothing is ever said or done to make you feel self concious about being there. A funny but completely true story for you. Last year at CTI 2 women came to the Island without their husbands and when they walked to the pool they were covering up as best they could with their hands and that made them stand out. The next day when they came their husbands or significant others were with them. The ladies just got right in the pool without even a notice but the funny thing was that when their significant others came into the pool they were also covering up which makes everyone notice. No comments were made either day but it was mentioned after they had gone that what they did made them stand out. The majority of the people that we see on the Island are just normal people that like to have a good time and socialize. Does everyone have a perfect body, no, but who cares. We see people in ages from their teen's into their late 70's. If you don't feel comfortable or your partner is not comfortable then leave, but at least go out of your comfort zone once, you may find that the freedom is worth it.
    I completely forgot about that!!! Ahhh good times!!