Default Dive or pocket knives allowed?

I tend to keep a plain folding pocket knife on me since it's proven useful for many instances of surprise repairs to clothes and other items, and would rather have one in my checked luggage and not need it, than discover I need it and not have it. Also, having a small one with me while doing water sports is preferable to me, but before going I wanted to see if anyone knows of any rules or regulations either for checked luggage, or in Jamaica itself, or in the resort, that forbids such things. I don't see a restriction, and figure it should be okay, but also don't want to get in trouble for not following rules.

Thanks.

I always pack a small folder in my checked luggage.

I not only carry a dive knife but also a pair of stainless steel scissors and there has never been a problem in the past. Both are in my checked luggage on my BCD.

Thank you - I have seen this in a few other places but don't know what it stands for: BCD?

Quote Originally Posted by alura5 View Post
    Thank you - I have seen this in a few other places but don't know what it stands for: BCD?
    Buoyancy control device. The inflatable vest or jacket worn when scuba diving.