Default Jerk chicken/pork near CSS

We will be taking our first trip to CSS in May after 3 trips to CN. Are there any roadside stands within walking distance to get some authentic jerk chicken/pork? I have always wanted to do this but have been too lazy to get off of the beach.

There is nothing within walking distance from CSS, but a short cab ride will get you to Scotchies. Awesome Jerk chicken and pork. Many do a double tour, starting with the blue hole, and then scotchies for lunch. This can be arranged at the resort.

Edited to Add: I just realized I answered this incorrectly thinking it was about CSA. Sorry! I second Scotchies from CSS for sure! Everything below this line (my original comment) sucks.

Cosmos has good jerk and is a short walk down past Beaches Negril (turn right at the beach). If you turn left at the beach there are many little places, but a bit further in many cases.

If you don't mind taking a cab I would say 3 Dives.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by rhallva; January 27th, 2016 at 08:28 PM. Reason: My mistake

Is the jerk pork or chicken at CSS not 'authentic'? It certainly tastes fine whenever we have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Is the jerk pork or chicken at CSS not 'authentic'? It certainly tastes fine whenever we have it.
    It's "Americanized". It's good, but not authentic.

Other than Scotchies, which I've discovered is a 21 minute car ride west, I found a place that's a 7 minute car ride south called the Ocho Rios Village Jerk Centre. Reviews on TripAdvisor are mixed. Anyone heard of it or have been there that can comment on it? Never been to either, and wondering if Scotchies is worth going the distance for?

Does the airport van still stop at the Jerk Chicken place on the way to CSS? If so, you can get some there. It's awesome!!

We stay at CTI every year and always make an afternoon trip to scotchies. Best jerk on the island! grab a few friends and have some lunch!

Thanks for all of the tips everybody! We are going to try at least one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by benandmiranda View Post
    Other than Scotchies, which I've discovered is a 21 minute car ride west, I found a place that's a 7 minute car ride south called the Ocho Rios Village Jerk Centre. Reviews on TripAdvisor are mixed. Anyone heard of it or have been there that can comment on it? Never been to either, and wondering if Scotchies is worth going the distance for?
    Good stuff, but I prefer the little bar our the gate, up the road, and on the left from CTI if I'm not hitting up Scotchie's for their killer sauce.