Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Veterans Advantage Discount

Hello all, I searched the message boards for this topic and didn't come up with anything. The last time we booked in 2014, I don't remember seeing anything about the Veterans Advantage Discount, which is separate from the military discount. When I clicked through the link on the main Couples page to read about it, it looks like you actually have to pay an annual fee to receive the discount, and of course they won't let you look at prices until you sign up and pay. My question is, does anyone know how much the discount is, and is it worth paying the annual fee? Thanks!

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" ~Bob Marley

I should have done the veterans advantage a long time ago! Been going to CN for 8 years and this year I joined to get the free meal at fire and ice. When I booked I saved over $800. My sister is a national guard vet and also saved the $800. It only costs $50 and you can save on a ton of stuff. When you get approved you then book through their site and save the money. Its legit! All the way Airborne!!!

I'm glad you asked this question, so is it better then the 10% military discount? Are there restrictions on what rooms you can book?

I did veterans advantage and it saved me over 600 so I didn't mind paying the fee every year for it. Saved me on amtrack also last year to Disney.

Veteran's Advantage is a 15% discount. I did the math, and even with paying the yearly membership fee, it made good sense to join based on the extra 5% discount. There are plenty of other discounts and advantages that also make sense.
    There is a great travel insurance package with event medical, emergency medevac, etc. (OurCAREPackage) The only catch to that is you have to pay for each person covered.

I have yet to use the Veterans Advantage discount but it is nice because it works even if you yourself are not a veteran but rather your parent was (as in my case). I got it mainly to cover emergency medical evacuation worldwide. My daughter makes frequent trips to Ghana for missionary work and having worldwide medical evacuation covered gives me a great peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by j&jmciver View Post
    Veteran's Advantage is a 15% discount. I did the math, and even with paying the yearly membership fee, it made good sense to join based on the extra 5% discount. There are plenty of other discounts and advantages that also make sense.
    There is a great travel insurance package with event medical, emergency medevac, etc. (OurCAREPackage) The only catch to that is you have to pay for each person covered.
    Yeah, the Veterans Advantage offer was the bait that got me to take the hook for Couples the first time. Even at the lowest regular priced room in off season, the membership pays for itself with a 4-night stay compared to the standard Military discount (which they didn't have when I first signed up for the Advantage Card). For most, the break even is going to be 2 or 3 nights

Thanks all! It sounds like it's worth it! Does anyone know if it still allows you to do the Love Away plan, or do you make the deposit now and pay the rest 60 days out?

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Ann ~N~ Paul View Post
    Thanks all! It sounds like it's worth it! Does anyone know if it still allows you to do the Love Away plan, or do you make the deposit now and pay the rest 60 days out?
    You book just like you normally would. Only difference is there is a link on the VA site that takes you to the couples site showing the savings.

I just signed up and it allows you to do the love away plan.

Awesome! I'm definitely going to sign up, thanks all!

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

So....I priced a trip through V.A. and our travel agent. The price through V.A. was about $300 less, however that didn't include the $250 resort credit they are currently offering. So, when you factor in the resort credit they are about the same cost. I'd be inclined to book through them if there wasn't a resort credit.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13
    CSS 4/12-4/24/15

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    So....I priced a trip through V.A. and our travel agent. The price through V.A. was about $300 less, however that didn't include the $250 resort credit they are currently offering. So, when you factor in the resort credit they are about the same cost. I'd be inclined to book through them if there wasn't a resort credit.
    I just booked through VA, got a $500 discount, and got the resort credit for our trip in 2017!

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

Never mind, you're right VaCouple. It's one or the other, I must have been daydreaming that I got both! But being that our discount worked out to a little over $500, I'll take it!

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

Can y'all break down your big discounts that you were able to get? I'm not seeing it when I just tried it. Luckily, I went with the monthly pay option just in case. Thanks!
    Last edited by wileeandrr; June 2nd, 2016 at 02:23 PM.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

Also, I'm finding that I get a better deal using the military discount that Couples has offered. Unfortunately, we've been to Couples 4 times and the last time we only used the military discount at my urging of hubby! He is very humble and doesn't like the attention, but knows I am good at saving money and doesn't mind when it comes to that...lol God bless him
    Last edited by wileeandrr; June 2nd, 2016 at 02:22 PM.

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

[QUOTE=wileeandrr;278873]Can y'all break down your big discounts that you were able to get? I'm not seeing it when I just tried it. Luckily, I went with the monthly pay option just in case. Thanks![/QUOTE

Are you trying to book through the Vet Advantage website? You have to use the link on there to get to the Couples website in order to see the discount. You can't go directly to the Couples website to get the VA discount if that makes sense! When comparing what Couples offers to what the VA website offers, the VA discount was substantially more for us. We save about $600 on our booking.

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

[QUOTE=Lee-Ann ~N~ Paul;278876]
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Can y'all break down your big discounts that you were able to get? I'm not seeing it when I just tried it. Luckily, I went with the monthly pay option just in case. Thanks![/QUOTE

Are you trying to book through the Vet Advantage website? You have to use the link on there to get to the Couples website in order to see the discount. You can't go directly to the Couples website to get the VA discount if that makes sense! When comparing what Couples offers to what the VA website offers, the VA discount was substantially more for us. We save about $600 on our booking.
    Yes, that's right! I'm not sure what the deal is. Thank you for your help

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

My mistake: I figured it out and appreciate your patience/help!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Also, I book our flight separately. I did the numbers and it's a bit cheaper with VA. Did you book separately? Thanks again!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I just booked through VA, got a $500 discount, and got the resort credit for our trip in 2017!
    I couldn't get both. It had the select button for each, but couldn't do both...dunno

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Also, I book our flight separately. I did the numbers and it's a bit cheaper with VA. Did you book separately? Thanks again!
    We always book flights separately. I'm too much of a control freak to relinquish that to an outside party Also, I was wrong in my original thought that I had received both the VA discount and the resort credit, you can't have both! But if you're a repeater and signed up for romance rewards, you will probably qualify for a resort credit anyway, so to me, it works out in the end!

We always book flights separately. I'm too much of a control freak to relinquish that to an outside party Also, I was wrong in my original thought that I had received both the VA discount and the resort credit, you can't have both! But if you're a repeater and signed up for romance rewards, you will probably qualify for a resort credit anyway, so to me, it works out in the end!
    haha! I do the same thing. I just checked United and between booking on one day over the next and booking at CTI, depending on the number of days, we are currently at an average of $600 saved with VA!
    I also initially didn't do the promo code correctly on United. I was wondering why it was only a few bucks; however, once I got that figured it I was like wow!
    We are back down to the first level due to gaps in getting back...oh, well...it's all good anyway!
    Thank you so much!
    Last edited by wileeandrr; June 3rd, 2016 at 05:08 PM.

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I booked through VA and then had the resort credit added by contacting Couples by chat.

Quote Originally Posted by golferjim View Post
    I booked through VA and then had the resort credit added by contacting Couples by chat.
    Thank you, golferjim! That would bring us up to almost $800!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast