Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I just checked another all inclusive, adults only resort on 7 mile beach in Negril, and the price for the time I will be travelling this March is about identical as Couples. I agree it is high, but it seems to be the going rate.

What I am slightly confused about is the supple demand aspect. When we were that CSS this past December, I would guess the resort was only maybe 50% full.

As stated, couples is a business and I do expect to see increases, that being said these do seem a little high. This past trip was our 8th. We had already decided to take a year off from going. I guess we will see what 2017 brings.

Quote Originally Posted by glbrooks View Post
    I just checked another all inclusive, adults only resort on 7 mile beach in Negril, and the price for the time I will be travelling this March is about identical as Couples. I agree it is high, but it seems to be the going rate.
    I checked that same one, as well as the one in Ocho Rios for the time frame that we will be traveling in 2017. For the lowest tier room at the Ocho Rios "S" word competitor, it was the same as CTI, and the Negril competitor almost $500 more than CN!! And that was with all their sale discounts. Meanwhile, the room we booked at CTI was not the lowest tier room.

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" ~Bob Marley

My wife and I have been to a Couples resort 13 times now (all 4 properties, CN is our favorite) and leading up to every trip we always check out what's new on the message board. So I just wanted to add my two cents that if these current rates hold this will definitely be our last trip as we are getting priced out of the market. It will be a sad day when we no longer have a trip "home" to countdown to each spring. I guess the only way that management will get the message that members of their "family" are upset will be if we all don't book and look somewhere else to vacation. Not what I want for sure but life goes on and maybe this is the nudge we needed to explore other options. I'm sure I speak for many when I say we are all confused and bewildered as to why no response from the Couples Management team has been posted to justify the large increase in pricing. Looking forward to enjoying what may be our last trip to Couples...but probably not the last trip to Jamaica.

Well I just booked our trip #6 to CN yesterday for August 2016. It was basically the same rate per night as out August 2015 trip. We were going to skip 2016 and go in 2017 but when I looked at the 2017 prices on the couples website vs the prices for the same days in August, I saw that the rate was $42 per night higher. We have already changed from going in May 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and changed from Deluxe Beachfront to Garden view in 2014 to try to lower our vacation costs. So now we go during hurricane season and book a garden view to go just "one more time". Who knows how many "one more times" we will bite the bullet.

Just got back from CN, and it was not full. I hope they come to realize that these yearly increases can't keep happening.

Duane & Mary

Crabracer and all, and Couples sales, marketing, and management... we regret that our last year's partial migration from Swept Away to another property on the beach will this year be a total transition. We have been very fortunate to have been a part of Couples' success, and that last year, literally as well as figuratively, was particularly enjoyable as we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. This year, we will be enjoying two vacations in Negril, the first of which ended just yesterday (quite enjoyable, by the way). We will be making our second visit in late April. Neither are at a Couples property, and both, for a total of 18 nights, and with as many "inclusives" as we care to have, will cost far less than our normal 7-night stay in a Swept Away Atrium Suite. We have been noting for the last two or three years on this message board, and in e-mails to management, that if pricing was not going to become more reasonable, our 22 year relationship will have to come to an end. No one has returned to us with responses or explanations about these sizable price increases. Regrettably, we will now be responding to this silence by moving along down the same stretch of sand with our flip-flop clad feet and our USD in hand. I doubt that anything will come of this little rant, but you know how to reach us... Chris & Joyce Bevers.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Crabracer and all, and Couples sales, marketing, and management... we regret that our last year's partial migration from Swept Away to another property on the beach will this year be a total transition. We have been very fortunate to have been a part of Couples' success, and that last year, literally as well as figuratively, was particularly enjoyable as we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. This year, we will be enjoying two vacations in Negril, the first of which ended just yesterday (quite enjoyable, by the way). We will be making our second visit in late April. Neither are at a Couples property, and both, for a total of 18 nights, and with as many "inclusives" as we care to have, will cost far less than our normal 7-night stay in a Swept Away Atrium Suite. We have been noting for the last two or three years on this message board, and in e-mails to management, that if pricing was not going to become more reasonable, our 22 year relationship will have to come to an end. No one has returned to us with responses or explanations about these sizable price increases. Regrettably, we will now be responding to this silence by moving along down the same stretch of sand with our flip-flop clad feet and our USD in hand. I doubt that anything will come of this little rant, but you know how to reach us... Chris & Joyce Bevers.
    Chris,

I guess that pretty much sums it all up. Well said. for us, we have not come to that conclusion YET.

Life is good

Returned home 3 days ago and have just checked prices with my Travel Agent for same time next year and there is a 50% price increase!!!! This has convinced me that for us Couples is a thing of the past. After 8 visits did not even get a departure snack! All of this tells me that Couples could not care one bit about the loyalty of their guests. Maybe they think if they get rid of the repeaters they will save even more on resort credits and repeater dinners!

They do this SAME THING every year. If you wait for a special the price will be within a few hundred one way or the other. If any of you remember the SuperClub prices from the early 2000's they were much higher than the prices we are paying today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Chris,
    Please give me the details on the property you enjoyed in Negril. My email is woodbridgeata@yahoo.com Thanks!
    Last edited by MichelleGIslandGirl; February 3rd, 2016 at 01:15 PM. Reason: MB cannot be used to gain 3rd party information

Chris an you include us in the above email to petersonmariella@sbcglobal.net
    Looks like this may be our 10th and final year
    Thanks and Respect
    Don

Add me to your list Chris! lol I'd just like to know the other two resorts you visited.
    Thanks,
    Randi
    Last edited by MichelleGIslandGirl; February 3rd, 2016 at 01:16 PM. Reason: MB cannot be used to gain 3rd party information

Chris can you also please send us email in regards to the property in Negril. xmasbarr@gmail.com
    Last edited by MichelleGIslandGirl; February 3rd, 2016 at 01:17 PM. Reason: MB cannot be used to gain 3rd party information

I was planning a return to CSA for 2017 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary but these prices make that a tough task even for a special year for us... Chris please add me to this distribution! Surfhary20@yahoo.com

Ok, I am going to jump on the bandwagon here. I looked at the resort that is being talked about in the previous posts and yes the prices are lower but without all of the inclusives that make Couples special to us. I am a diver and just the cost alone for the dives each day (I generally dive for 8 days) would negate the lower cost of the other nameless resort and that is not taking into account other excursions and perks. We are not "foodies" but we do enjoy the variety that the Couples brand has to offer instead of just one place to eat, and according to reviews that I looked at stating the food was very good but not much variety. Now I usually don't put much stock into reviews on T/A but that is the one thing that stuck out in most every review. We still haven't decided on 2017 as of yet because of the price increases but it looking less likely that we will go in 2017 and it may be that we only go every other year instead of every year, and that would be a shame.

To those asking me to provide them with information... and it has happened in other social media as well, and I will give the same response here. I'm flattered, but....

I'm not into being a sales rep or travel agent to hawk other properties. Here is why...

As an early adopter of message boards, I was a huge fan of this forum, dating back all the way back to the days of its previous incarnation as an MSNgroup. Couples is serious when it says that this message board is a major component of its marketing success.

Now that we can't seriously consider our beloved SweptAway as an annual destination due to pricing, we are essentially "free agents". We cruise other message boards, watch for Groupons and Living Social deals, read the reviews online... Its not difficult. Our tastes may not be the same as yours. Most of all, expectations need to be lowered... choosing to stay "out there" is a big decision, and it is NOT the same as staying at Couples! Those are decisions that need to be made by the individual travelers... I can't take the pressure ;-) .

I would recommend that you make any choice on your own by doing your research or talking to your travel agent.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

April of 2016 will be our 9th trip to CSS. This years trip (CSS only) is $365.00/NIGHT X 10 nights = $3650.00
    Just checked April 2017 rates (same 10 days, late April/early May) is $516.00/NIGHT X 10 nights = $5160.00

$151.00/NIGHT MORE? $1510.00 more ?? Really??
    I am ok with paying a little more each year, but this is too much. Time to look for another resort.
    I understand they put money into the resort, but I also remember walking by SSB during the day (years ago) and seeing 8-10 people over there. Now when you walk past SSB, you see 60-80 people. Because of the closures of other resorts, Couples has you right where they want you!!
    Because they might price you and I out of CSS, doesn't mean other guests won't quickly fill the gap.
    I just hope Couples realizes that with the higher resort costs, bring more demands from guests. More demands from guests brings a larger employee turnover. A larger employee turnover brings a less likely chance that a guest returns to see their "family" from Jamaica....And that's how Grand Lido San Souci met its fate!!

Oh well, like I have heard more than once before, it was fun while it lasted.

We choked down the price increases in general in Negril and are going for 10 days in March. But after 10 years+ in Couples Resorts in Negril, we've decided this fall to look for another adult only, all inclusive elsewhere in the Caribbean. For $700 a night, we can pretty much pick our spot. Time for a change. There will not be an impact, because supply and demand are in charge right now.

We have been many times also....but thinking we will try anther place if prices don't come down....we have sent many many couples there...must stop pushing this resort...prices are getting to high....

We love Couples and often describe it to friends as the affordable alternative to the "S" resort chain. If they are trying to price themselves up to that level they will lose business as Couples is only on Jamaica where guests could visit Jamaica and several other islands of the "S" resort while building up return guests loyalty points for that chain. I can only hope they wake up and stay true to their marketing niche that has made them so popular in the past. Relaxing beach vibe, friendly service, great food, and affordable prices.

Just returned from CSS and mostly enjoyed it but would say its only really a 3 or 4 star resort not 5. However we liked SSB and the grounds etc. so looking at next year and for us the price is 1,000 (USD 1,400) more for same room and premium flights. To justify this they would have to refurbish all the rooms, bring the restaurant choices up (no choice 2 days a week and limited on Wednesday), vastly improve the service especially at breakfast where we only once got a full set of crockery, cutlery and napkin and try to serve hot not warm food.

Pricing just went down. Check again!

We started with CN and then CSS and then CSA and finally CTI. The prices for CN and CSA are higher than CTI and after 2 back to back visits to CTI we thought that we would try somewhere else and we found a wonderful AI in Cancun with gorgeous grounds, 10 restaurants, 15 minutes from the airport and the rooms were much better. The beach not so much.... Lots of seaweed like most of the resorts in the Hotel Zone.

We are going back to the Cancun resort again this year because we liked it so well but probably not for a 3rd year.

We love Jamaica and if the prices are close we will probably pick Couples in 2017 but I have been noticing some new AI resorts opening in DR that are priced quite competitive now and if Couples keeps going up then we might have to consider DR again.

​Well boys and girls it looks as though management has been listening. For us, the price dropped $93.00 on the Couples site. Now I will contact my agent and she will give me a better price than that.
    I continue to have faith in Couples that they will do the right thing for their guests. One thing that I do not understand is why they published the price list with that huge price increase in the first place. This isn't the first time this has happened. But for now, I am very happy that they took another look and dropped the price. Thank you.

There are some that have have said they will look for another resort for whatever reason. Finding another property to go to is one thing, but not seeing Anjulian or Loita or LaToya and others when I arrive would sadden me. The beach without Delroy is empty. The bar without ALL the guys and gals would be hard to take. And another "island" ?. I think not. No, we aren't ready to toss in our beach towel just yet.

Thank you again to the powers that be for lowering many of the room rates. I hope to continue to be able to occupy one of those rooms on many future visits.

Richie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast