Default Walking on Beach West of CN

With the demolition and construction at the former Grand Lido Negril can you walk on the beach past (west of) the CN AN Beach or are you stopped at or before the CN AN Beach?

It is my understanding that the area adjacent to the water on any beach in Jamaica is considered public property. You should be allowed to walk along the waterline and not be disturbed. BTW. Even the area along the waterline of the CN AN beach is considered public property and outsiders are allowed in this area. That is along as they don't stop and stare or take out any sort of camera.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

It's been a while, but I was able to walk the full length of the beach late June (and GLN had already been leveled). I would suspect that the beach will remain open throughout construction as it is public space.

Quote Originally Posted by srtaylor View Post
    With the demolition and construction at the former Grand Lido Negril can you walk on the beach past (west of) the CN AN Beach or are you stopped at or before the CN AN Beach?
    West of CN is the ocean...pretty hard to walk very far.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

There was a wooden fence above the beach blocking most of the view of the renovation for Grand Lido. This fence was above the beach on the grass area so you can still walk past to the rocky point. I don't believe anyone can block the beach therefore you can't block the people that walk the beach selling stuff and the singers that perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    West of CN is the ocean...pretty hard to walk very far.
    Sorry, SOUTH West of CN. The beach is pretty much going SW/NE at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleandmark View Post
    There was a wooden fence above the beach blocking most of the view of the renovation for Grand Lido. This fence was above the beach on the grass area so you can still walk past to the rocky point. I don't believe anyone can block the beach therefore you can't block the people that walk the beach selling stuff and the singers that perform.
    Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. With how far the new buildings have to be set back I figured that was the case, but I was not sure.

Actually, I am sure they could get permission to block the beach if there was a danger in not doing it. For instance, if you could have walked on the portion of the GLN beach just before the nude plunge pool (you could not because the main beach did not extend past the main pool and therefore beach access ended at that point) the building was only about 10 or 15 feet from from water and less to the small beach. I sure would not have wanted anyone walking by if I was demoing (or even building) that close.

We were at CN in November and walked all the way to rocks on that south side. No one stopped us and no one said anything other than security doing their usual "check-out" / "check-in" procedure.

Can I do this in summer that if you could have walked on the portion of the GLN beach just before the nude plunge pool (you could not because the main beach did not extend past the main pool and therefore beach access ended at that point) the building was only about 10 or 15 feet from from water and less to the small beach.