Default Help Choosing Resort!!

We have NEVER been to Jamaica. We're trying to decide between CN and CSA for our honeymoon. I like the size and price of CN, it seems like a smaller, more mangable resort. But CSA offers more restaurants and bars. We're not big seafood people so we don't one to get stuck with one type of food. We also like the idea of having Bon fires on the beach and the night life environment. We're interested in taking part of social activities and exploring the nature in Jamaica. But we are concerned that CSA is a large resort and don't want to spend our whole trip walking from one place to the next, so we have some concerns about the layout/size of CSA. Please give any advice or experience/tips about either resort! We really need some guidance as we want our honeymoon to be perfect! Thanks in advance!

Both are great! We like the centrally located bars/restaurants at CN. But I found I also liked the spread out nature of CSA - by having restaurants/bars at either end of the resort it felt liking having 2 resorts for the price of one. And it's not as if the resort is all that large. From a post I made back in June of 2015: I walked CSA beach from security point to security point and it was 744 steps 7 minutes 24 seconds (for a 6' tall man walking gingerly due to plantar fasciitis and no particular rush).

CN is our home, CN tends to be a slightly lower price, we are going to CN April of 2016 (for the 8th time I think), we are looking to book CN for April or May 2017...but I am really looking forward to staying at CSA again (and again). It's all good mon!

Very common question so I would suggest using the search function on the MB but don't be afraid of the size of CSA, the grounds are long but not deep. Walking from one end to the other is roughly 7 or 8 minutes so it shouldn't be a concern in my opinion. We love CSA for the size and beach!!

Our 6th trip to csa is booked so you can tell which one we like best. Email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com if you'd like a few pics.

Cn is more compact but csa isn't That big. It only takes maybe 5-7 minutes to walk from one end to the other at a average clip.

Quote Originally Posted by aphelps8 View Post
    We have NEVER been to Jamaica. We're trying to decide between CN and CSA for our honeymoon. I like the size and price of CN, it seems like a smaller, more mangable resort. But CSA offers more restaurants and bars. We're not big seafood people so we don't one to get stuck with one type of food. We also like the idea of having Bon fires on the beach and the night life environment. We're interested in taking part of social activities and exploring the nature in Jamaica. But we are concerned that CSA is a large resort and don't want to spend our whole trip walking from one place to the next, so we have some concerns about the layout/size of CSA. Please give any advice or experience/tips about either resort! We really need some guidance as we want our honeymoon to be perfect! Thanks in advance!
    We enjoy CN and are going back for a third trip this summer. We visited CSA for a day last time and it just wasn't us. It seemed too big, loud, but definitely fun. I got the sense of a younger, more hip, environment at CSA.

Just our opinion. I'm sure CSA people would say CN is small, quiet, lame, etc.

You'd love either resort for different reasons. But we chose CN for our honeymoon and 5th anniversary, and hope to go back again someday. The main centrally located pool and restaurants do make it convenient no matter which side of the resort you end up on. The social vibe at CN is irie with the centrally located amenities, you'll meet people and will most likely run into them again and again. There's a stretch of beach to explore, and being perfectly placed in a cove makes it easier to paddle around, imo. Just enough nature. The number of restaurants may be limited but the food choices are not. You'll experience the beach party and a night life at CN too. You won't go wrong with either, but did you know Couples built CN from the ground up? It's the only one of their resorts in which they designed the layout, and like everything else they do, imo they did it right!

If you haven't been to any of the Couple's properties then I would start with CN. The beach is 2nd to none and everything is located close to whatever room you choose. The people are outstanding as well but that is pretty much any couples resort you go to.
    In the end it really is just a matter of opinion but you cannot go wrong with CN. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfhary20 View Post
    Walking from one end to the other is roughly 7 or 8 minutes...
    So my 7 minutes 24 seconds means that I am just about average.

Something no one has mentioned is the different locations of the resorts. CN is on Bloody Bay which consists of all inclusive Resorts. CSA is on Long Bay, 7 miles of beautiful beach to walk with all the little bars, shops, and resorts along the way. You cannot walk the beach from Bloody Bay to Long Bay. Have fun making your decision!

CSA is larger than CN, but it is by no means considered "large". As been said, it's only a 5 minute walk (at most) from one end to the other.

If you are interested in night life, you should know that CSA has a nightclub, and CN does not. The nightclub at CSA may or may not be hopping...it all depends on the guests who are staying there at the time.

Also, if you are interested in getting off resort and checking out the local Negril beach scene, you only need to walk to the ocean and turn left if you are staying at CSA. If you are staying at CN, you would need to take a taxi and get dropped off. Just food for thought. Both resorts are fabulous.

Something no one has mentioned is the different locations of the resorts. CN is on Bloody Bay which consists of all inclusive Resorts. CSA is on Long Bay, 7 miles of beautiful beach to walk with all the little bars, shops, and resorts along the way. You cannot walk the beach from Bloody Bay to Long Bay. Have fun making your decision!

Both resorts are great but have their differences...which makes them special to each couple. Both resorts have fabulous food with plenty of variety so you won't find yourself eating the same thing at every meal. While CSA is larger than CN it is not difficult to get around.

Here are some of the differences we've found between the two. CN has restaurants, pool and bars more centrally located with the buildings containing the rooms being more peripheral. In contrast, CSA has the restaurants, pools and bars located at either end of the resort (with a beach bar in the middle) and the buildings containing the rooms being in between. For those that visit the fabulous workout area or spa on CSA...they are located across the street (they'll stop traffic for you to cross) while on CN these items are on the main resort. CN has the AN beach for an all-over tan while CSA doesn't offer that.

The good thing about going to a Couples Resort is that no matter which one you choose you'll find that the staff and service are awesome. After all, there is no such thing as a bad one...just one that's right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan lady View Post
    . . . .CN is on Bloody Bay which consists of all inclusive Resorts. CSA is on Long Bay, 7 miles of beautiful beach to walk with all the little bars, shops, and resorts along the way.
    Both CN and CSA are on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length, and Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length. CSA is on Long Bay, and as you mentioned, CN is on Bloody Bay; both resorts, however, are located on Seven Mile Beach.

More differences between the two are that csa has straight on sunsets, cn are off to the side. The longer beach at csa let's you spread out more and if you don't want to be near people, you can find some space. We felt a little cramped at cn and with the an beach at one end, felt like that was off limits as I didn't want to walk by that. Imo, the only thing nicer at cn is the pool. That's it. Cn is a nice place but just too small for us.