Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Couples Early Booking Special

Couples has quietly released their 2017 early booking special. To say that I am suffering from a case of sticker shock is an understatement. The same room is $438 more for the same week that I stayed in 2015. I hope 2015 was not my last visit. That is a huge increase. I Love CSA!!

wait until you're closer, then book thru a travel agent, rather then the website.
    There are many reputable agents and all inclusive websites, which will drop the price to a reasonable cost. Time is on your side. check teh FB fan pages for insight to agents, I can't list them here, the post will get deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by lcanball75 View Post
    Couples has quietly released their 2017 early booking special. To say that I am suffering from a case of sticker shock is an understatement. The same room is $438 more for the same week that I stayed in 2015. I hope 2015 was not my last visit. That is a huge increase. I Love CSA!!
    I just checked CN for the same period in February as we are doing this year. It's Only $7 per night more with the same $250 resort credit.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

I have to agree and sorry to say, after 7 visits to Couples, Dec. 2014 was probably our last. It priced us right out of the game. Was a good run while it lasted. This is even the first time checking the board for weeks.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

I checked the pricing for CSS yesterday and we will be booking 2017 this weekend....it is only $7-$8 more per night than we are paying for our 2016 trip. Love the booking credit...added to our repeaters credit...makes me start dreaming of Couples massages....
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

We booked our next trip a few months ago. We are heading back to CSS in August/September, which will be our 4th stay in as many years and always this same time of year. I'm not sure what we paid the first two trips, but our cost for the upcoming trip is not much higher than our last visit.....maybe $10-$15 bucks more per night. Maybe the price increases are focused on certain times of year?

I don't know the reason, but for us at least, it's still a heck of a value for such an awesome and relaxing place. When we consider all the included meals, drinks, water sports and other activities, between the two of us, if we were paying ala cart, we would easily be spending $250-$300 per day...maybe more if we are really getting our drink on . Our cost for the actual hotel room is really very low. I sometimes feel guilty.

Thank you for posting that the 2017 rates are up. We always like to book early but agree that I'm in sticker shock. We have a trip for November 2016 that we booked in March 2015. Those 7 nights at CSS are $2,366 with a resort credit of $250. The same 7 nights in 2017 are $2,807 with a $250 credit. WOW a $441 increase!! I guess supply and demand. I know that early November has been busy the last few years so they must have raised the rates. (Note that we book directly through Couples so this is an apples to apples comparison.)

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

Yup, $75 more per night, same room and dates

For those of us in Canada, it is not as much the rate increase, as the exchange rate on the dollar - we are now looking at one USD cost $1.40 Cdn, when in previous years we were getting on USD at between $1.00 - and $1.05 US.

This is starting to price many vacations in USD out of the market

Quote Originally Posted by Dadofsprout5 View Post
    wait until you're closer, then book thru a travel agent, rather then the website.
    There are many reputable agents and all inclusive websites, which will drop the price to a reasonable cost. Time is on your side. check teh FB fan pages for insight to agents, I can't list them here, the post will get deleted.
    I priced this morning with my travel agent vs the Couples website and the rates for our 2017 August vacation at CTI for 11 nights were $413.00 cheaper through my travel agent than the Couples website rates but $514.00 higher than my already booked August 2016 trip for the same 11 nights. My travel agent has always beaten the published Couples rates. I guess we will just have to have more fun on the 2017 trip if that is possible to make up for the increased cost.

I don't see the early booking special with resort credit. Is it out for all the resorts?

Just looked at CTI for next April for one week the price was up 1000.00 from what we are paying this year love couples but will not pay that kind of money.

Just checked CSS prices for 2nd week of April 2017, Deluxe Ocean Verandah is $487.00 / night. Compared to $351.00 / night
    for the same week April 2016. Which is over a 36% increase. I remember a lot of people complaining that the resorts were tired
    looking.Well now at their request, they are waking them up. We thought the resort was fine.Hope every one enjoys the new,
    more expensive, less tired look.

compared prices to 2016 rates and it only $49 more/day and that's 2 years out. The way Hotel and Motel prices have increased I think that a pretty good deal. We cant even afford to stay at a Hotel any more and that doesn't even include food and drinks. I'd rather pay a little more and not lose any of the many amenities. Sure I'd like it to stay cheaper but I'd still rather spend my money there than anywhere else. I haven't bought a new car in years so we can go to CSA every year. Cost of cars keep going up and they just get old and lose their value. No worries Mon I'll keep coming!!

We are in the same boat, thinking we will cancel our trip for this year and roll payments into a trip in 2017 for our 20th. One last big trip because unless prices drop or we win the lottery we just can't afford it. Sad day!!!
    Last edited by redinthehead; January 18th, 2016 at 07:32 PM.

Yeah our trip went from $393/night in April 2016 to $524/night same week April 2017. That is a 33% jump. And that is for the time of year with no lobster even!! 2016 might be our last year also unless they come out with some nice special deals

I agree. We booked a year ahead for our trip in Nov of 14. When we tried to book for Nov 15 it went from 403$ a night to 638$ . Whoa! We love CN and management has said there is no problem filling rooms. I'm happy for those folks. Hope we can find a way to return

I remember reading that they run sales in February. If so, what kind of discount do you expect?

I just priced CN for a beachfront room at $620/day for 3/2017. I just can't see paying that much even tho we loved our first trip there last winter.

I just checked Tower Isle for May 2017, it is $76 more nightly than this year. That is an increase of $532 for one week. OUCH!!!!!!!!! Not sure where we will go in 2017 but with a price increase of that much, sadly it probably won't be Couples.

Play with the calendar and if possible, flexibility with your dates can help. We might have to change our regular April trip to early May of 2017, but so be it. Playing with dates, I was able to find a few surprisingly affordable time slots.

We are coming to CSS this April. This will be out 13th trip to Couples. I checked the prices at CSS for the same time next year, same room, and it is $111 per night more than what we are paying this year. So I told my husband we'd better enjoy the trip this year because we won't be able to go next year. Couples is not glitz and glitter but we have always enjoyed are vacations there. We always felt we were getting more for our money than some of the other all-inclusives. But now, Couples is pricing themselves up there with other resorts that offer more dining options. We realize they have to pay for all the renovations and increases on food and drinks but $888 increase for 8 nights is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Play with the calendar and if possible, flexibility with your dates can help. We might have to change our regular April trip to early May of 2017, but so be it. Playing with dates, I was able to find a few surprisingly affordable time slots.
    In 2015 the Garden Verandah Suite at CSA was $451.00 per night end of April, for the same dates in 2016 it is $508.00 and 2017 it is $588.00, that's one thousand more per week.

We used to be able to go in February and afford a bfvs. Now we are going in October (hurricane season ) in a garden room and for only 5 nights. I think our time at csa is ending soon unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAWD View Post
    I priced this morning with my travel agent vs the Couples website and the rates for our 2017 August vacation at CTI for 11 nights were $413.00 cheaper through my travel agent than the Couples website rates but $514.00 higher than my already booked August 2016 trip for the same 11 nights. My travel agent has always beaten the published Couples rates. I guess we will just have to have more fun on the 2017 trip if that is possible to make up for the increased cost.
    we go in October. 2016 is booked already, the same week in 2017, thru a web all inclusive travel outlet, is $20/day more than what I'm paying this year. That I can live with. It pays to shop, this will be our 3rd trip and each one has cost less than the previous AND we've gotten resort credits. we never book thru couples.com

[QUOTE=BRAWD;274458]I priced this morning with my travel agent vs the Couples website and the rates for our 2017 August vacation at CTI for 11 nights were $413.00 cheaper through my travel agent than the Couples website rates but $514.00 higher than my already booked August 2016 trip for the same 11 nights. My travel agent has always beaten the published Couples rates. I guess we will just have to have more fun on the 2017 trip if that is possible to make up for the increased cost.[/QUOT

Jay,
    Please send me her number!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast