Default Current Coffee Prices @ Airport

Does anyone know the current price of blue mountain coffee at the airport? Both per pound and per 5 pound bag? Thanks!

I don't know about the airport, but it was $35 per pound at CN back in January.

Duane & Mary

It is my understanding that this past growing season, Jamaican coffee, including the Blue Mountain area, was infected with roya, which is a coffee rust/leaf fungus. As a result, the already very small crop from the Blue Mountain this year is even smaller, the quality is not great, and the price is astronomical. Once the fungus is eradicated, quality will improve and prices will return to normal. I would expect this to take at least a full growing season to happen.
    In the meantime, drink more rum cream!

Aha, that would explain the price increase that we saw back in August.

We always buy it at the airport from the same store. Jablum & Island Blue (formerly called Wallenford Blue) was usually around $32/lb the past few years, roughly. This August it was around $44/lb !! (didn't stop us from buying it, but it was a noticeable jump).

We paid $ 50.00 for a 16 oz. bag of beans in the airport....always was about $ 33.00...( that was in September).

Just returned last night. At the airport, Blue Mountain was $33/lb and High Mountain was $17/lb. At CN, Blue Mountain was $69/lb to give you a frame of reference.

Thanks everyone! We leave for CSA next week and, since others may be interested, I'll post the prices when we return.

Just returned and the price for 1 pound of blue mountain ground was $45 per pound, $47 for the beans. They also had 12 oz for $34.

I buy Blue Mountain coffee on line from javaboulevard.com. It's $16 for a two-pound bag of whole beans. Shipping is free is you order four pounds or more. They are quick to ship it off as well. I love my Jamaican coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by vapegster View Post
    I buy Blue Mountain coffee on line from javaboulevard.com. It's $16 for a two-pound bag of whole beans. Shipping is free is you order four pounds or more. They are quick to ship it off as well. I love my Jamaican coffee!
    99% of those are blends. The only bag of 100% Blue Mountain on that site is $54.95. Caveat Emptor.