Default CN......AN beach closing at the end of 2016????

I just read on face books CN fan page that at the end of 2016, Cn's AN beach will be closed. I am assuming this is happening due the fact that the new resort being built next to Cn is a family resort. Is this truth or just rumors floating by. I would like to hear from upper management so we can separate facts from rumors . Thank you, hoping for your help in this matter as soon as possible!!

Blog Entries

Hi Justdiane,

There are NO plans to close the Au Naturel section at Couples Negril's. Those comments are just pure speculation and rumours at this point.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Michelle,
    Thank you greatly for your reply. Hopefully it will squash the rumors.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

Thanks so much Michelle for your quick response!!! Glad to hear the beach shall remain as it is!!! Rumor squashed!!!!!! 

The comments are pure speculation at this point, or the rumors are not true and never will be?

"At this point" doesn't sound good. Just sayin.

I agree MONA70, that is not very reassuring.

The sky is falling!.... The sky is falling! c mon people Michelle just told you they were rumors...sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by MONA70 View Post
    . . . "At this point" doesn't sound good. Just sayin.
    I agree that the qualifier "at this point" undercuts the attempt to be reassuring, but perhaps she doesn't want to say, "No, absolutely nothing will change," when no one knows what impact the new resort will have upon CN and its guests.

In our very first trip to CN in 1999, we went to the dinner for returning guests, and I sat next to Gary Stephens, who was the General Manger of Couples Negril at that time. He told me that, when the resort first opened, the AN beach was at the other end of the resort. This was before Riu was built and there was nothing but an expanse of empty beach; the AN beach was placed on that side b/c they thought it would be more private. However, it was right next to the water sports area, and guests complained that they felt gawked at with the constant traffic to/from the water sports area. The managers at CN decided to move the AN beach to its current location, and even though it was right next door to Grand Lido, guests had fewer complaints.

If guests have a lot of complaints once the new resort opens in the old Grand Lido site, CN might have to make a change, but I think that the powers that be recognize that they have a number of loyal returning guests with an affinity for the AN beach and that they'll attempt to find a solution to keep guests happy.
    Last edited by Pamela; November 14th, 2015 at 02:47 PM.

You gotta love this. Started by a rumor of Facebook. If you saw it on Facebook it just has to be true. Why would anybody put false information on Facebook?

So many people trying to read between the lines and change Michelle's post. If Michelle is telling us there are NO plans to close this popular feature of CN, why can't people just take her word for it. Of course something could change in a couple of years. Please stop perpetuating a rumor on the Internet. There are enough Internet rumors already.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

We visited Couples for the very first time this fall and the AN beach was an unexpected highlight. It is a determining factor as to why we are planning a yearly return. Wonderful resort, great little secret.

Probably started by the Owners of the new resort. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jack View Post
    You gotta love this. Started by a rumor of Facebook. If you saw it on Facebook it just has to be true. Why would anybody put false information on Facebook?

So many people trying to read between the lines and change Michelle's post. If Michelle is telling us there are NO plans to close this popular feature of CN, why can't people just take her word for it. Of course something could change in a couple of years. Please stop perpetuating a rumor on the Internet. There are enough Internet rumors already.