Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default CTI - January - 2016

We have booked our 1st Jamaica trip and are trying Couples Tower Isle.
    I can't wait only have 105 day left. Will be a nice break from our Winter.

Question want to Scuba dive one morning but am a little confussed by does the trip last all day or just half?

Are you a certified diver? If not, the dive is likely a 3 hour course followed by a 30-40 minute dive (well worth the investment of time...my wife and I have done the intro dive at CN a few times). If you are a certified diver, I think they go out for a couple of hours in the morning, a couple of hours in the afternoon, then night dives (for a fee)...assuming CTI is like the other properties.

We are both PADI Certified and we were not sure how long of time the dives were or how long you would be out and just wanted to know so we could plan our day out.
    Thanks for the info Bert
    We'll be there for 6 nights and so many things to do and see.
    What is better the Blue Hole or Dunn's River Falls?
    I know we'll have to pay extra for the Blue Hole but reviews are good and this is our 1st trip to Jamaica.
    Also any advise on MoBay Club at the airport hard to see paying $160 to just get through the customs line faster, then have one drink and leave.
    We arrive on Jan. 16th a Saturday around 2:30pm and Leave on a Friday afternoon.

Anybody joining us at CTI in January, 2016

Brent & Janel - Jan. 16 to Jan. 22

Quote Originally Posted by BrJaHodges View Post

You guys are arriving on the day of the Anniversary Party. You will love it! Be ready to sample some of the best food, drinks, and COUPLES'S Magic! Nick and I will look forward to meeting you, as we arrive on Thursday. Also, if either, or both of you, play golf, sign up and join us in the annual Golf Tournament. You don't have to be a pro- just go and have fun!

Nick and Wendy
    It will be great to meet you when we arrive.
    Hopefully all will go well during our flights down be arriving about Dinner time to CTI and I'll have to bring you two a drink over for your Anniversary. I'd say i'd buy you a round but you know. LOL
    I golf some but my wife doesn't, Not sure our plans has the time for golfing this trip we are looking at scuba, snorkeling and Dunn's River might go to the Blue Hole. tring to do a lot of things in a short week stay. since this is our first trip to Jamaica we are trying to see and do all we can. Have you traveled to the island in January before? wondering about the Airport Club MoBay? Can't really find much about the amount of travelers in Mid-January. Countdown 80 days for us.

Nick and Wendy
    It will be great to meet you when we arrive.
    Hopefully all will go well during our flights down be arriving about Dinner time to CTI and I'll have to bring you two a drink over for your Anniversary. I'd say i'd buy you a round but you know. LOL
    I golf some but my wife doesn't, Not sure our plans has the time for golfing this trip we are looking at scuba, snorkeling and Dunn's River might go to the Blue Hole. tring to do a lot of things in a short week stay. since this is our first trip to Jamaica we are trying to see and do all we can. Have you traveled to the island in January before? wondering about the Airport Club MoBay? Can't really find much about the amount of travelers in Mid-January. Countdown 80 days for us.
    Thanks for the offer of drinks for our anniversary- actually, it is the resorts anniversary party!! Second to none! Put your bags away, and, come and enjoy. The golf is the next morning. Maybe another year!! My husband golfs- I don't, but we have been coming yearly for 15 years. I can spare him for a few hours. Yes, this is our 4th January trip. Traveled all different months, before. it is pretty full in the winter, especially Anniversary. Never used Club MoBay. Others have and liked it. Just never felt necessary to us. Look forward to meeting you there!

Wendy - Thanks for the Information - sorry about the anniversasry offer (I still can wave the red flag on the beach to get us some drinks) LOL but sounds like the resort will be rolling by the time we arrive Saturday Evening.
    We can't wait both of us have been reading the board for sometime and looks like we have made a great pick for our 1st trip to Jamaica. Been to other Islands and stayed but not here yet.

Default Jan

We will be there Jan. 16 till the 26th

Welcome Lauriejane
    Looks like Wendy and Nick will already be at CTI Thursday
    We arrive in the afternoon to Mo Bay maybe we'll meet up in customs line or getting a Red Strip in the waiting area.
    Have you been to CTI before? or Jamaica?
    Ready to Relax in the sun with a drink in hand and share it with someone Special.
    We've not done a vacation trip by ourselves together for sometime.

So Roll Call for Jan.
    Wendy / Nick - Jan 14
    Brent / Janel - Jan. 16 to 22
    Lauriejane - Jan. 16 to 26

Welcome Lauriejane
    Looks like Wendy and Nick will already be at CTI Thursday
    We arrive in the afternoon to Mo Bay maybe we'll meet up in customs line or getting a Red Strip in the waiting area.
    Have you been to CTI before? or Jamaica?
    Ready to Relax in the sun with a drink in hand and share it with someone Special.
    We've not done a vacation trip by ourselves together for sometime.

So Roll Call for Jan.
    Wendy / Nick - Jan 14
    Lauriejane - Jan. 16 to 26
    we arrive around 11:30am I believe, this will be our 3rd time to CTI and 4th to Jamaica
    I'm so ready for a vacation..
    does anyone remember about the trading places is it any day or want to go or a specific day?

lauriejane
    I found this on the web Look at the bottom for "FAQ" for "trading places"

Can we visit other Couples Resorts during our stay?

Romance Rewards members can visit nearby Couples Resorts (Couples Swept Away / Couples Negril) and (Couples Sans Souci / Couples Tower Isle) using the "Trading Places" pass. Visiting days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am-4pm and include food, drink and property activities. "Trading Places" are subject to availability, one time per stay. Visit Romance Rewards for more details and to register for our rewards loyalty program.

Only 53 days

Names: Dan/Ellen
    Ages: 56/59
    How many times
    --to CTI: 4th time
    --to CSS: 3rd time
    Trip dates: Mega Trading Places (split stay)
    --at CTI 1/17-1/21
    --at CSS 1/21-1/28
    Room type:
    --at CTI: Premier Ocean
    --at CSS: One Bedroom Beachfront Suite
    Reason for trip: Really? We need a reason to go to Jamaica?
    Where are you from: east-central Illinois
    What you're looking forward to most: Seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Yep, everything else too!
    Will you go A/N during trip: There is a reason we do not go to CSA, just saying.
    Drink you're looking forward to: Specialty of the bartenders!
    Kids: 1 self-sufficient adult, 3 feline critters, and 20 gal. indoor goldfish pond
    Level of excitement (1 - 10): 9 - First snow this past weekend (a big one at that) and winter is still a month away!!
    Last edited by Splash Monkey; November 24th, 2015 at 12:57 PM.

Welcome Dan and Ellen

Roll Call for CTI in Jan. 2016
    Wendy / Nick - Jan 14
    Laurie & ? - Jan. 16 to 26
    Dan / Ellen - Jan. 17 to 21

1st time to Jamiace
    Traveled to a number of islands, Mexico and all-inclusive
    Where From: Southwestern-Ohio
    Married 28 years
    2 grown kids with 2 girls friends, two in-laws and 99 year old wife's grandmother under one roof (somewhat).
    too many animals to count lately
    So you can see I'm ready to travel, Drink what the bartender has ready, and ready for sun and warm weather.

1st time to Jamaica
    So you can see I'm ready to travel, Drink what the bartender has ready, and ready for sun and warm weather.
    Even if only once - order up a Bob Marley shot for you and the misses while you are there. I've seen them made at both the swim-up pool bar and main pool bar at CTI. Not sure if they keep the correct stock on the island to make them there or not.

Default Laurie & Matt

Welcome Dan and Ellen

Roll Call for CTI in Jan. 2016
    Wendy / Nick - Jan 14
    Laurie & ? - Jan. 16 to 26
    Dan / Ellen - Jan. 17 to 21

1st time to Jamiace
    Traveled to a number of islands, Mexico and all-inclusive
    Where From: Southwestern-Ohio
    Married 28 years
    2 grown kids with 2 girls friends, two in-laws and 99 year old wife's grandmother under one roof (somewhat).
    too many animals to count lately

Laurie & Matt
    50 & 40yrs old and yes I'm a cougar
    not married(together 5yrs)
    2 kids(25 & 18)
    5 animals
    from NC
    I'm ready to drink and enjoy the beach, eat, and meed new friends

January 2016, Roll Call for CTI

Wendy / Nick – AKA: Wendy Borie
    Arrive: Jan 14
    Times to Jamaica: 15th
    From; South Carolina

Janel / Brent – AKA: BrJaHodges
    Arrive: Jan. 16 to 22
    Time to Jamaica: 1st

Laurie / Matt – AKA: lauriejane
    Arrive at CTI (3rd): Jan. 16 to 26
    Times to Jamaica: 4th

Ellen / Dan – AKA: Splash Monkey
    Arrive at CTI (4th): Jan. 17 to 21 Then CSS (3rd): 21st to 28th
    Times to Jamaica: 7th

Only 43 Days left.
    Can’t wait to meet some new friends, a Bob Marley, a Red Strip (not had one since Grand Cayman) Appleton Rum and relaxation “Mon”. Did I say that right

Default anniversary party please explain

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Borie View Post
    You guys are arriving on the day of the Anniversary Party. You will love it! Be ready to sample some of the best food, drinks, and COUPLES'S Magic! Nick and I will look forward to meeting you, as we arrive on Thursday. Also, if either, or both of you, play golf, sign up and join us in the annual Golf Tournament. You don't have to be a pro- just go and have fun!
    Anniversary party, please explain

thanks Laurie

Well looks like January is right around the corner only 24 more days till Jan. 1st

Wendy/Nick
    Countdown is 37
    Laurie /Matt
    countdown is: 39
    Janel/Brent
    Ellen/Dan
    countdown is: 40

Has everyone been good for Santa this year?
    Hope everyone has a great Holiday and Happy New Years

lauriejane
    I found this on the web Look at the bottom for "FAQ" for "trading places"

Can we visit other Couples Resorts during our stay?

Romance Rewards members can visit nearby Couples Resorts (Couples Swept Away / Couples Negril) and (Couples Sans Souci / Couples Tower Isle) using the "Trading Places" pass. Visiting days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am-4pm and include food, drink and property activities. "Trading Places" are subject to availability, one time per stay. Visit Romance Rewards for more details and to register for our rewards loyalty program.

Only 53 days
    You can also email me about this (trading places), my profile has an email listed in the "About You" section. We learned about something a bit different our second trip to CTI regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejane View Post
    Anniversary party, please explain

thanks Laurie
    Our first visit to CTI (and Couples) we happened to be there for their anniversary celebration where they pull out all the stops on dinner at the Patio Restaurant, extra decorations, entertainment, food, ice/food sculptures, etc. Quite impressive since we were not expecting it and knew nothing about it.

Well looks like January is right around the corner only 24 more days till Jan. 1st

Wendy/Nick
    Countdown is 37
    Laurie /Matt
    Janel/Brent
    Ellen/Dan
    countdown is: 40

Has everyone been good for Santa this year?
    Hope everyone has a great Holiday and Happy New Years
    does anyone have pictures or have facebook so we all know what we look like?
    I'm on facebook as Laurie Jane Schnopps

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejane View Post
    does anyone have pictures or have facebook so we all know what we look like?
    I'm on facebook as Laurie Jane Schnopps
    If you look in my profile, left side, albums, I have several pics of us enjoying a CTI trip.

Name:  brent janel1.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  2.9 KB

Not sure this worked but hope it does. I not a Facebook guy
    I really ready for our trip.
    Have to travel the week before we leave for business not what I wanted but have too.

Laurie
    My wife's Facebook name is Janel Beck Hodges.
    Countdown keeps getting smaller.
    Splash Monkey
    not able to see any type of album for Pictures in profile

Laurie
    My wife's Facebook name is Janel Beck Hodges.
    Countdown keeps getting smaller.
    Splash Monkey
    not able to see any type of album for Pictures in profile
    Hmmm, maybe need to be friends on this message board? Let's test that, will send you a request...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast