Thread: Cameras?

Default Cameras?

Going to Couples Tower Isle for the first time ever in Jamaica - thinking we'll try the Au Naturel island. Why not, right?! Is there a policy with cell phones and cameras? Should I be worried about creeps sneaking naked pictures of other people?

No photography or video. Having said that, I brought my camera to the AN side of CN every day, and was able to take some shots of hermit crabs, sting rays, and other non-descript scenery. No blatant photography of random people. I suppose if you want to take a picture of your S/O, or you want someone to take a picture of the two of you, you might want to let the security guards know ahead of time. I'm guessing they'd probably allow that. There were some guys passing through the CN AN beach that took pictures of us and others and the security guards swooped down on them immediately and made them delete the photos from their phones. Kudos to them. They do a good job at CN.

No photography or video allowed on any of the Couples AN areas.

I personally would not even think of of taking a camera to any Couples AN area even if you have the best intentions. Too much opportunity for a misunderstanding. Someone may take it from you and see how many times they can make it skip across the water. I think I could make an iPhone skip at least 10 times if the water conditions are right.

With that said. I have seen the occasional camera in the AN areas. If you really want to take pictures, be courteous. Make absolutely certain that nobody other than the person you are with are in the shot. I.E. Use the ocean as the background. I have also seen pictures taken from on top of the tower. When finished, put the camera away. This would all be done at your own risk.
    Last edited by Mad Jack; September 21st, 2015 at 11:40 AM.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

I have taken a couple pics with my cell phone at SSB but it was VERY early in the morning when no one was there. I mainly did this when I learned that it was the same beach Ursala Andress walks out of the water in the first James bond movie Dr. No. I wanted to compare footage between then and now. Security was there but never said anything since we were the only ones. I would never take pics while there are others there. Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by nova13 View Post
    I have taken a couple pics with my cell phone at SSB but it was VERY early in the morning when no one was there. I mainly did this when I learned that it was the same beach Ursala Andress walks out of the water in the first James bond movie Dr. No. I wanted to compare footage between then and now. Security was there but never said anything since we were the only ones. I would never take pics while there are others there. Respect.
    I think the correct beach for the movie is one west of Dunn's River Falls. You can check it on YouTube if you search "ursala andress dr no beach location". From movie-locations dot com and their Dr. No film locations, "The waterfalls outside Ocho Rios provide ‘Crab Key’s’ shore... You’ll find the cascades a mile west of Dunn’s River, three miles west of Ocho Rios, near to the hydroelectric power station."
    Last edited by Splash Monkey; September 25th, 2015 at 01:53 PM.

This is what I thought. Dunns and the waterfall but I when we were playing the Trivia game at the pool I got the answer wrong according to Sir Michael who was asking the questions. After taking pictures from the same spot on the beach where she comes out of the water and the shorline I think they are correct. "She came out of the water on SSB". You see the shore and White river dumping out. But I also think part of the scene is SSB and part of the scene is Dunns. Just the way it was edited and spliced together.

Quote Originally Posted by nova13 View Post
    This is what I thought. Dunns and the waterfall but I when we were playing the Trivia game at the pool I got the answer wrong according to Sir Michael who was asking the questions. After taking pictures from the same spot on the beach where she comes out of the water and the shorline I think they are correct. "She came out of the water on SSB". You see the shore and White river dumping out. But I also think part of the scene is SSB and part of the scene is Dunns. Just the way it was edited and spliced together.
    My original response was "Dunn's River Falls" which I edited after doing some research. Here are the map coordinates you can plug in to locate where I believe the film location is (Crab Key Beach): 18.423002, -77.147768

I would say that the White River is not what is seen in the film as there are no falls down near the water and Dunn's cannot be the answer because the falls are much larger/steeper at the water than the ones in the film. So, while I would love to think that SSB was the location, I find it difficult to come to that conclusion after looking into it further and doing a bit of research.

Maybe so. Not going to argue with you. It is what I thought from the beginning. I was told I was wrong so I was only going by what the employee told everyone in the pool. If Dunns is right then my answer was correct all along and we should have got the point. Wonder if they'll spot us one next time we are there ? LOL

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014, Oct. 2015
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014