Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Default Finally Decided on CTI for Return Visit

    After having a completely flawless, and I do mean flawless, honeymoon last year at Couples Swept Away, we were so blown away by the Couples Brand that we decided to come back the following year to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary the same week in November but this time at CTI. After having such an amazing time at CSI we wanted to try all the resorts, and after many hours of research CTI was the winner! (we had an on going joke all week that we have never been told "no" for anything we asked for the entire week. Never had that anywhere else we've ever stayed before. They really work to make your vacation special.

    9 Short weeks and we can't wait to have that same service and insanely incredible food again in a new location. We fell in love with Jamaica and even through we have traveled a handful of other places, nothing like this on the planet exists in my opinion.

    Any tips about this resort, things not to miss? Or things to do around the area?

    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exited to be "back home"
    ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

  2. #2

    Default

    I have no advice for you since this is our first time to Jamaica and to CTI. But it sounds like you will be there the same week we are there (11/17 to 11/24). We'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary while we are there. Congrats on your 1st!

  3. #3

    Default

    No!
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

  4. #4

    Default

    Welcome back

    We have been to both and like both equally. A suggestion. Don't fall into the trap of making direct comparisons. You won't be doing either location justice.

    Since you are a returning guest, have you signed up for Romance Rewards? If you haven't, do it immediately. There are additional perks that go along with being a returning guest. For one thing, you can sign up for their Trading Places program. You can spend a few hours at CSS to see how you like it. They go every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 AM to 4 PM.

    Do Dunn's River Falls. it's free. Don't forget to tip your driver.

    Give the island an honest chance, at least an hour. If things get too uncomfortable, simply put your cloths back on and leave. The first time may feel a little weird. The next time is easier and the nest time is easier still.

    Go to the piano bar and check out the pictures. CTI is the original all inclusive opened by Abe Issa in 1948. Lots of history
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

  5. #5

    Default

    Good idea to try a different Couples resort. We have been to all four and they are all quite different except for the great food, staff, service, inclusions, spa and vibe. Just different locations, building styles and décor. Have a great time.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

  6. #6

    Default

    The only time that I was told no was when I wanted to stay on the Island Au Natural past 5PM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JarLyn View Post
    I have no advice for you since this is our first time to Jamaica and to CTI. But it sounds like you will be there the same week we are there (11/17 to 11/24). We'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary while we are there. Congrats on your 1st!
    JarLyn:
    That is SO exciting 25 years! That is so incredible!! I can't wait to be celebrating that monumental moment! Definitely deserve a wonderful vacation and even if this place is a quarter of as amazing as our honeymoon was last year you are in for a trip of a lifetime! The culture made an impact on me also, the mentality of the people here is so amazing. Very humbling but inspiring also. And the food, I hope you like to eat! It is like nothing we have ever had at other resorts and even tops some of our best places locally. Can't wait to see the beach, and everything that is included, it makes it a steal! We are counting down the minutes, which I am sure you are also! Congrats on 25, that is an accomplishment with much dedication and love!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jack View Post
    Welcome back

    We have been to both and like both equally. A suggestion. Don't fall into the trap of making direct comparisons. You won't be doing either location justice.

    Since you are a returning guest, have you signed up for Romance Rewards? If you haven't, do it immediately. There are additional perks that go along with being a returning guest. For one thing, you can sign up for their Trading Places program. You can spend a few hours at CSS to see how you like it. They go every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 AM to 4 PM.

    Do Dunn's River Falls. it's free. Don't forget to tip your driver.

    Give the island an honest chance, at least an hour. If things get too uncomfortable, simply put your cloths back on and leave. The first time may feel a little weird. The next time is easier and the nest time is easier still.

    Go to the piano bar and check out the pictures. CTI is the original all inclusive opened by Abe Issa in 1948. Lots of history
    MadJack, Thank you so much for the thought out response! I appreciate that very much! We are not those finicky travelers that we so often see picking every single thing apart like many other travel sites, I wonder to myself sometimes what would actually make those types happy? I feel like it is not anything. Haha.

    I am SO excited to say I've been to 2 properties and I am getting to know the island better. I was glad to read someone post that the rocks had been removed from the beach because I am a beach girl.
    We are also Rewards Members and need to log in and set our requests before coming. I LOVE that they do that for the mini bar, it's a really adorable touch they will let you select what you want in your room. When most resorts even if they are all inclusive charge for any use for a mini bar. It's the small things that make such a massive difference. They add up!
    Have to do the swap program this time, didn't have time in CSA but will do that and HAVE to do Dunn's Falls, we wanted to do it last year but realized how we were not very close to the fall itself. And it's included? How amazing is that?
    Is there a martini bar here also?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Good idea to try a different Couples resort. We have been to all four and they are all quite different except for the great food, staff, service, inclusions, spa and vibe. Just different locations, building styles and décor. Have a great time.
    Thank you so much for the reply! Could not be more excited too add to our Jamaican adventures!!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jack View Post
    Welcome back

    We have been to both and like both equally. A suggestion. Don't fall into the trap of making direct comparisons. You won't be doing either location justice.

    Since you are a returning guest, have you signed up for Romance Rewards? If you haven't, do it immediately. There are additional perks that go along with being a returning guest. For one thing, you can sign up for their Trading Places program. You can spend a few hours at CSS to see how you like it. They go every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 AM to 4 PM.

    Do Dunn's River Falls. it's free. Don't forget to tip your driver.

    Give the island an honest chance, at least an hour. If things get too uncomfortable, simply put your cloths back on and leave. The first time may feel a little weird. The next time is easier and the nest time is easier still.

    Go to the piano bar and check out the pictures. CTI is the original all inclusive opened by Abe Issa in 1948. Lots of history

    Also,
    Regarding the island, is the "frowned upon" to go and not partake in the nudity? VERY outside my comfort zone but who knows. I just don't want to be hanging out there all day with clothes on and be breaking an unspoken rule. HAHA

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GawdyGypsy View Post
    Also,
    Regarding the island, is the "frowned upon" to go and not partake in the nudity? VERY outside my comfort zone but who knows. I just don't want to be hanging out there all day with clothes on and be breaking an unspoken rule. HAHA
    It's spoken and written...though shalt partake.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GawdyGypsy View Post
    Also,
    Regarding the island, is the "frowned upon" to go and not partake in the nudity?
    The CTI island is mandatory nude during the day and you must go as a couple. The exceptions are private dinners on the island and visiting in the morning before au naturel use starts. For some privacy on the island, you can go to the chairs on the right side and you may find that you enjoy it as we did. Also, CTI does have a martini bar on Sun and Wed on the Patio rooftop.

  13. #13

    Default

    GawdyGypsy, They have a martini night up on the roof on at least one of the nights. (Sunday?) I believe it starts after 6 maybe even 7. They serve cheese and crackers, nothing fancy on the food, but the martinis are very good with quite a few to choose from. The piano bar also serves martinis but later in the evening.

    The island...everyone is out of their comfort zone the first time. Do something crazy!!!
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BRAWD View Post
    The only time that I was told no was when I wanted to stay on the Island Au Natural past 5PM.
    Haha! That is awesome! Exactly what I like to hear!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bksmm View Post
    The CTI island is mandatory nude during the day and you must go as a couple. The exceptions are private dinners on the island and visiting in the morning before au naturel use starts. For some privacy on the island, you can go to the chairs on the right side and you may find that you enjoy it as we did. Also, CTI does have a martini bar on Sun and Wed on the Patio rooftop.
    Well, alright. Pretty clear We will see how I feel the closer we get.
    Very much looking forward to the martini bar! Loved the one at CSA last year

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doncindy View Post
    GawdyGypsy, They have a martini night up on the roof on at least one of the nights. (Sunday?) I believe it starts after 6 maybe even 7. They serve cheese and crackers, nothing fancy on the food, but the martinis are very good with quite a few to choose from. The piano bar also serves martinis but later in the evening.

    The island...everyone is out of their comfort zone the first time. Do something crazy!!!
    HA we will see, I might talk a lot of hype and get there and chicken out, so for now we'll say maybe
    I do think the freeing experience could be appreciated in paradise. Who knows

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •