Default CSS Room type Conundrum

Need a bit of help on what room type to choose. Looking at a Deluxe Ocean or Deluxe Ocean Verandah, is it worth the extra 400 to upgrade?

Thanks

Just my personal opinion

People seem to fret way to much about the room. Yes, we like a good room with a view. But the best room? Think about this for a moment. How much time do you honestly expect to spend in your room?

Our typical day at Couples, no specific resort. All times are in Jamaica time and not set in stone. I am an early riser, my wife likes to sleep in. I will usually be up and will leave our room for breakfast by about 7:30 AM. I usually get back to our room by about 8:30 AM, bringing along something for my wife to eat for breakfast. I will enjoy a cup of coffee or two on our balcony until my wife gets up. By about 9 AM or so my wife will get up and eat what I brought her for breakfast. By 10 AM we leave the room for most of the day. We will usually spend most of the day on the beach or we may go on an off resort excursion. If we return to our room it may only to get something or to drop something off. We will usually return to our room at about 5 PM or so to take a shower and get ready for the evening. We will leave for dinner by about 6:30. After dinner we may walk around the property for a while then return to where the main entertainment for the evening will be. The main entertainment usually ends by 10 PM. We may or may not go to the after hours entertainment depending upon what is happening that night. We will return to the room between 10 PM and midnight then get ready for bed. The next morning we start all over again.

So honestly, other than when we are sleeping we are only in our room for a few hours each day. In my opinion get a nice room but not the best room. Take the money you save and go on an off resort excursion or maybe stay another day at Couples.

Enjoy your stay in paradise

Only 176 more days until we return to Couples

We always get the Deluxe Garden room. We thought of upgrading, but the money we save, goes to off site excursions or an extra day at the resort. We aren't in the room for more than sleep, shower for dinner, and a little "fun" here and there. Otherwise, if we want to see the ocean, we just go outside and there it is. We always stay at CN. 150 days and counting.....

Duane & Mary

I personally think Mad Jack is correct- to me it makes alot more sense to pick the cheaper room, and stay an additional day, or 2, or 3...... mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    I personally think Mad Jack is correct- to me it makes alot more sense to pick the cheaper room, and stay an additional day, or 2, or 3...... mike
    Yes, that is ok unless you want/need outside space because the entry level rooms at CSS dont have balconies or terraces.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Yes, that is ok unless you want/need outside space because the entry level rooms at CSS dont have balconies or terraces.
    Most rooms have verandas. We got the cheapest (c-3) room I'm pretty sure and although we didn't have a view, we did have a smallish veranda.

That's what I was wondering, to upgrade to get the verandah/terrace to sit out on a morning for coffee or evening for a drink etc.

That is why I was asking. Entry level rooms seem to have a "scenic" view and no balcony, the next one up a verandah to sit on in the evening or for a coffee in the morning. Agree about only using the room mainly for sleeping but nice to sit out and admire the scenery.

I'm pretty sure we spend more time on our balcony than in the restaurants at CSS - the beach still gets most of our waking hours. My husband loves to read while listening to the ocean, so we spend the last hour or two each night out there. We'll usually do a couple breakfasts in the room too so that we can enjoy the view before starting the day. If you need a little solitude to relax, go with the verandah. If you're happiest in a crowd there are plenty of social areas to enjoy the view, and you could use that money for more entertaining pursuits.

Everyone has different priorities/things that are important to them. We like to have a balcony so book at least an Ocean Verandah Suite and ask for 2nd floor or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob and Cathy View Post
    Everyone has different priorities/things that are important to them. We like to have a balcony so book at least an Ocean Verandah Suite and ask for 2nd floor or higher.
    Thanks for this, most helpful. We have booked a Verandah room will mail the resort regards the floor level. Out of interest why is higher better? Or is it just for the better view?

We have stayed in the beachfront rooms and the view was nice, but the balcony is small.last time we got a one bedroom ocean and the view was alot better and the balcony had 2 chas loungers. My wife and I like to sit out there for coffee in the morning and I will sit and listen to the band because she goes to bed early. The good thing is that it is a cheaper room so it's a win win for me. Have fun