Hybrid View

Default Rum Punch at Couples Lounge?

My wife and I always book the earliest flights into Montego Bay so we can get to the resort as early as possible. Arriving at the Couples Lounge in the morning is great except when greeted with only soda or Red Stripe Beer as beverage options. A nice rum punch would go down so much easier in the morning and kick start our Jamaican vacation. Beer works okay in the afternoon but how about a nice island morning drink? Can this become an offering? Please???

That would be awesome! (said the non-beer drinkers!)

I also agree. My wife is a beer drinker but I would rather have something else.

At least this isn't a big issue for us. We tend to travel during peak tourist season and we always book Club Mobay with our trip. I just go next door and get a rum punch from the Club Mobay lounge. But this isn't an option for everyone.

Could this possibly be a licensing issue?

Blog Entries

Ohhhh I love that idea! I'll send along to the team and keep you posted if we can get another option to the lounge.
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Another 2 votes for rum punch!! It's how hubby & I know we're "home"!!

Has there been any decisions or information made available to you about having rum punch served at the Couples Lounge?

Did the Chief Romance Officer respond? We will be at Couples for two weeks starting on December 20 - one week at Tower Isle and one week at Swept Away. We've been to Couples a number of times, but one thing that's lacking is a rum punch or even light food/snacks in the lounge. After a long day of travel, it would be good to be greeted with light snacks and a choice of rum punch or a beer before getting on the bus. We always book Club Mobay, so we will stop there for snacks and a rum punch. However, it would be nice to stop at Couples. It would be nice for Couples to add this amenity, and I can't imagine it's ultra expensive. Their competitor, S, also has snacks and rum punch in their lounge. I've stayed at S as well. I prefer Couples, but this would a nice touch and go a long way.

Carrie - can you let us know either way?

Blog Entries

Hi all,

I will ask once again and get back to you! Thank you for your patience

Carrie
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

I like this quote " just go next door and get a rum punch from the Club Mobay lounge. But this isn't an option for everyone"

I'm assuming they've declined to offer rum punch at the lounge as no-one seems to have answered the question in the last 5 months?

Being able to have a rum punch is one of the secondary perks of getting Club MoBay. We always check-in at the Couples Lounge and then head to CMB for a couple of rum punches. We'd also prefer to have a rum punch if they were available in the Couples Lounge.

2 more votes for rum punch from us

40 days and counting till CTI!!!!!!!!

It is rather foolish for Couples not to offer the rum punch at their airport arrival lounge as it is a far more popular and recognized drink of Jamaica than beer as well as being much easier to drink for early day arrivals. They have a purchase agreement with Appleton Estates to provide their resorts with rum and could easily expand that to the lounge with Appleton getting the extra marketing exposure. We visited the "S" resort in St Lucia a couple years ago and their airport lounge had rum punch available. People are not asking for a full bar to be set up. Just a glass of good Jamaican rum punch before setting off for the resort. Please!!!!!

Two more votes for rum punch! We also arrive early and although we'd like to start the party as soon as we arrive neither of us can handle a red stripe quite that early I thought I read a post at one time about them offering ting. Can anyone confirm or deny if this is available at the lounge?

We always use Club Mobay for arrivals. Their lounge is right next door to the couples lounge. We simply check in with couples then off to mobay for Rum Punch and light refreshments!!! See yall in August!!!

2 more votes here for rum punch at the Couple lounge. Not a beer drinker so I always end up with a bottle of water & hubby drinks a Red Stripe just because it's that or soda .... We would like to start our vacation sooner & a rum punch would definitely help after a LONG travel day that starts at 3:00 am & ends at 5:30 when we finally get to CN!!!!!
    Julie

That would be heaven to have rum punch and some fresh fruit upon arrival. I never drink beer even on the hottest of days. I would forego the departure lunch sak with granola bar and water for this if the cost is prohibitive.
    FONT="Verdana"]David and Jeanette, Nova Scotia[/FONT][/FONT]

yes, im not a beer drinker either.. so something fru fru like rum punch would be AWESOME!.. 2 more votes over here

I have been trying to get an answer on this since August with no luck. We arrive for our tenth anniversary in April and had hoped Couples would have made this simple concession for their guests. I would appreciate some more support and understanding on this. Why is it so hard to do?

I think it may be a licensing issue, but it would be nice if someone from Couples would confirm. We're not beer drinkers either and the last time we were there, all they had was hot soda, water, and tap beer. It was around 11:30 a.m. and they didn't have any ice yet for the sodas. We would appreciate rum punch also.

It has been 7 months since I asked this question with no answer yet? We arrive at CSA in 3 weeks for our tenth anniversary and never thought we would not have an answer by now. What is Couples stance on providing guests with rum punch at their airport lounge?

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    It has been 7 months since I asked this question with no answer yet? We arrive at CSA in 3 weeks for our tenth anniversary and never thought we would not have an answer by now. What is Couples stance on providing guests with rum punch at their airport lounge?

Carrie had said on Facebook that often emailing her is a way to get a quicker response. Here is her email address. It is Carrie@couples.com. Perhaps you should give that a try? I wouldn't mind having rum punch at the Couples lounge either!! Lol!

Blog Entries

Hi all,

With regards to your queries regarding us offering Rum Punch at the Lounge, please note:

1/ The management feels offering HARD Liquor may not be the best idea for a trip that takes over 1.5 hours.

2/ Adding a cocktail (Rum Punch) would require us make the rum punch at a resort and transfer to the airport.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG 'Island Girl' View Post
    Hi all,

With regards to your queries regarding us offering Rum Punch at the Lounge, please note:

1/ The management feels offering HARD Liquor may not be the best idea for a trip that takes over 1.5 hours.

2/ Adding a cocktail (Rum Punch) would require us make the rum punch at a resort and transfer to the airport.
    I understand this is a mute point now but I don't see the difference between having a rum punch with "hard liquor" before the drive to the resort as opposed to having the same drink (or several) before heading back to the airport at the end of our stay? Same distance and same time on the road. Also, with all the daily trips back and forth from resorts to the airport to move guests is it really a problem to transfer anything? I am just a little disappointed...

Just noticing the response here despite lots of people asking for alternative to beer. What about sparkling wine then? No need to mix in advance and also not considered hard liquor. There might not be as many washroom stops along the way either with beer alternatives.