Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by clydealp View Post
    This new design makes the board very difficult to navigate. It takes quite some time for me to find the 'Message Board' link. Also, I do not have the option to view the pages in 'Couples Dark' which is easier on my eyes.

When I tried signing in after the introduction of the upgrade, my log-in was rejected.

I wonder how much thought went in to this new design. While I believe in the maxim, "If it ain't broke, do not fix it", I recognize that we need to keep fresh and with the times. However, with this change and the difficulties of navigation and reading, I shall save time and not visit the board as often as before.
    Why would Couples do something this bad?
    Whoever had this idea (to change the board) should be looking for a new job
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Yep, this kinda sucks. Don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Did I touch a nerve? You must be one of ... "them".
    Nope, you're just uninformed.

I can't pull up romance rewards or check availability. It just go to a grey page. Help

Just another bad change by Couples.So many bad changes have taken their toll on me.
    Might have to rethink about our April trip to CN.
    Hugs

My MB looks exactly the same. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    My MB looks exactly the same. Am I missing something?
    Mine too!! I do think the MB would be hard to find if you were a new visitor to the website.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

There used to be an option for VB4 Message Board (Default) or something like that. It was the software package default and it had more options available.

My guess is somebody in "brand management" or some other marketing capacity said to 86 that option so that we would all be looking at the same Couples branded looking message board (now in two options, light or dark). Continuity, sameness, corporate, synergy. You know, all those buzzwords that revolve around the whole corporate marketing branding game. To most the change won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    There used to be an option for VB4 Message Board (Default) or something like that. It was the software package default and it had more options available.

My guess is somebody in "brand management" or some other marketing capacity said to 86 that option so that we would all be looking at the same Couples branded looking message board (now in two options, light or dark). Continuity, sameness, corporate, synergy. You know, all those buzzwords that revolve around the whole corporate marketing branding game. To most the change won't matter.
    A logical explanation, but it has "branded" me away. Also, the worst change, IMO, is the inability to see UNREAD posts at a glance. The color scheme I could live with. The latter, no.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015

CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    To most the change won't matter.
    To the loyalists that chose the brand a decade ago, and even helped test other versions of the site(s), it certainly does.

"Couples goes corporate" is not a good look, much like "Light" and "Dark" in the styles.

It wasn't broken. It's a shame someone felt the need to fix it.

Just don't know why change seems to be the normal thing to do. If something good is not broken , leave it alone, this new format is terrible. told a newbie about the message board and they were so confused by the site they could not find it. hey management, listen to the feed back here and and how a lot of people are rethinking their trip to Couples. It's very sad

Quote Originally Posted by 2havinfun View Post
    Just don't know why change seems to be the normal thing to do. If something good is not broken , leave it alone, this new format is terrible. told a newbie about the message board and they were so confused by the site they could not find it. hey management, listen to the feed back here and and how a lot of people are rethinking their trip to Couples. It's very sad
    So a change to the message board trumps the beach, the water, the food, the drinks, the staff, the water sports, etc.? Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Mon View Post
    So a change to the message board trumps the beach, the water, the food, the drinks, the staff, the water sports, etc.? Wow!!!
    post removed
    Last edited by Janicek; September 10th, 2015 at 09:05 AM. Reason: doesn't matter anymore
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015

CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Janicek View Post
    IMO, this is the expected "official" response as well. It's "just a message board" afterall, so even if it's practically unusable now (look at the actual posting counts), guests, and especially repeaters, will continue to visit the resorts and enthusiastically recommend the brand. A risky presumption. We will be there in November and have reservations for the same time next year. My wife is concerned enough to ask me to consider going elsewhere. I haven't cancelled our reservations ... yet.
    So you've made seven trips to Couples because you liked the message board? Hmmm . . .

I used to like to spend a bit of time on a rainy day, reading what was going on at Swept Away. I guess those days are gone. Not sure if Management just got tired of checking and posting, or if people are just finding it too diff. to find the board. The number of posts is almost at zero compared to the way it was. Oh well...

Totally agree BarDar. Have been on this board for 10 years but not much any more. Got a wealth of info when we first started to go to CSA and have passed some on in return. just not the same anymore.

Gina Mon, There are many whom have expressed that many changes may effect whether they return to Couples. I personally don't like the new message board but will continue to return to couples resorts. Although I hope some specials hit before long as the price has skyrocketed! Almost to the point of may not be affordable. We love CN and very few specials are available for it. Come on management, give us all a good deal !

Over the weekend, something changed on the MB. The print got smaller on the main page. A lot smaller. This small. The posts themselves are still the same size. Is there any way that we can enlarge it? And is there any chance that you can put back the feature that allowed us to change the size and style of the pages? For us, it's more difficult to read gray on gray type.

Thanks

Richie

Blog Entries

Hi Richie,
    I will have the relevant systems persons check on that issue.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Thanks Michelle

Temporarily, you can hold the CTRL key and roll your mouse scroll-wheel to adjust the font in the browser.
    You'll probably need to dial it back when you leave here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2