Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is going on with the message board?

The latest post that I am showing on the Message Board or any of the Forums is August 6th and some posts have been deleted.

The whole website has been re-designed. It now shows all the latest posts.

Duane & Mary

Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post

Duane & Mary
    Unfortunately, as of right now, the MB is still skipping from about August 6th to August 12th. So while it is showing the latest posts, there is still a hole.

It has been messed up today, but is back online. I notice some posts had been deleted as well. I was having trouble signing in, or rather staying signed in. Just figured out I had to check the remember me button in order to stay signed in while going from one screen to another. The powers to be are still working on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post

Duane & Mary
    August 6th is the last post I see, except for a couple from this afternoon.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

I am not liking the new site. I can't tell which ones I have read. I also can not get it to the old format like previous.
    Linda

I don't think all the missing posts are back. I know for sure the Couples Negril Meet Up thread for October 2015 is missing some.

All latest posts may show but it looks like the posts between 8/6 thru 8/11 have been deleted and some threads have been deleted altogether.

Will anyone advise how to change the font for viewing threads. Whenever I click on a thread to open it the font is large, bold and italic.
    I have no idea why it is like this. I did not change anything and it wasn't like this previously.

Post are still missing, hope they return. I guess anything new will take some time to adjust to.

Blog Entries

Hi All,

Please be advised that we may still be experiencing a few issues with the Message Board. NO POSTS have been deleted by us and its possibly just a glitch in the system which we are working on. Please feel free to contact us regarding any queries/issues being experienced.

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve All issues.

Regards,
    Michelle
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Thanks Michelle. Always issues when software goes live
    Last edited by kurt and Angie; August 13th, 2015 at 02:40 PM.

tried to change the "color", and all I have now is a blank screen. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    I am not liking the new site. I can't tell which ones I have read. I also can not get it to the old format like previous.
    Ditto Linda. I HATE this new format, but more so the loss of options from before. I'll give it about a week and then if it's not fixed, I'm done. Too much effort for what used to be a several times a day funtime!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015

CSS 2014

Looks to me that a back-end upgrade is reeking havoc with any custom user preferred settings. Now we wait till the unseen script geeks do their magic and make it all come back together. These things aren't easy and can take time. One doesn't want to rush them which always costs more money, we do want low operating cost for Couple don't we. Please bear in mind that upgrades main purpose is to address security again something that is important long term.

I'm hearing Taps being played softly in the background.

R.I.P. message board. It was a good run.

Must be the lucky one, all things good here with new web site as of today 8/17! Kinda like it, easy to get around and find what I'm looking for! Nice job!

Helen & Paul, Fl.

2002 CSA, 2006 CSA, 2010, CSA, 2011 CSA, 2012 CSA, 2013 CSA, 2014 CSA, 2015 CSA, 2016 CSA, 2017 CSS/CSA, 2018 CSA, 2019 CSA, 2020 ?????

jimpat1 I wouldn't count the board out just yet. I'm sure the tech glitches will be fixed soon. I too would like to change the color format. Don't like the gray tone. Soon come mon

This is what happens when you don't test software modifications. It seams with the advent of the internet that companies also think there is no need for software testing or a quality control department. Just code it and slap in online. Let the users test it for you. We are developing a generation of lazy programmers, cost cutting management and this frustration will probably continue forever.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

TERRIBLE !!!!!! nuf said
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    jimpat1 I wouldn't count the board out just yet. I'm sure the tech glitches will be fixed soon. I too would like to change the color format. Don't like the gray tone. Soon come mon
    Well getting it out of that large font helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    This is what happens when you don't test software modifications. It seams with the advent of the internet that companies also think there is no need for software testing or a quality control department. Just code it and slap in online. Let the users test it for you. We are developing a generation of lazy programmers, cost cutting management and this frustration will probably continue forever.
    This is so far from the truth in the VAST majority of software implementations and upgrades. I take it you might have been a punch-card programmer?
    (just lightening the mood)

There's a whole forum dedicated to these types of issues, BTW.

This new design makes the board very difficult to navigate. It takes quite some time for me to find the 'Message Board' link. Also, I do not have the option to view the pages in 'Couples Dark' which is easier on my eyes.

When I tried signing in after the introduction of the upgrade, my log-in was rejected.

I wonder how much thought went in to this new design. While I believe in the maxim, "If it ain't broke, do not fix it", I recognize that we need to keep fresh and with the times. However, with this change and the difficulties of navigation and reading, I shall save time and not visit the board as often as before.

Okay I was patient this just sucks now...the reason I liked and followed this board was the ease of use but not there is no fast way to browse or see only whats new.
    Now I'm thinking this is by design, there has always been a lot of free thinking here and this is great way to limit those conversations by being hard to follow the thread. Don't bother responding to my rant I doubt I'll be back for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    This is so far from the truth in the VAST majority of software implementations and upgrades. I take it you might have been a punch-card programmer?
    (just lightening the mood)

There's a whole forum dedicated to these types of issues, BTW.
    Did I touch a nerve? You must be one of ... "them".
    <font size=2>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast