Default First time to Caribbean, which resort for 25th anniversary?

Hi everyone....new here & new to Jamaica! We have never done much travelling, but have agreed that we will plan a nice trip for our 25th next summer. They all look beautiful....how do we choose??

We are early 40s, want a relaxing, laid back vacation. Want a nice room, & lazing on the beach will be our main activity.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much 😊
    Andrea

Couples Negril, but I'm biased. We are in our late 30's/early 40's and CN is our place. The rooms are clean and simple, the beach is incredible, and the laze factor is off the charts. With Couples, you can't go wrong. With CN, you won't
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013, 11/2015, 11/2016, 11/2017, 11/2018

If you are beach people I think you can immediately narrow it down to either Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away. We prefer CN, mainly because it is more compact and to me, more laid back. CN prices are a little less than CSA, although not enough to be a deciding factor for us. There are probably as many, if not more, fans of CSA that will chime in with reasons why CSA is superior. There are also legions of fans of the other two Couples resorts, but being beach people, we were disappointed in Tower Isle and won't be back to the Ocho side any time soon.

While I can't speak for any other than CN, I would think all are equally as good. Congratulations on number 25! Your vacation will be however you want it to be. There are plenty of things to do at the resort, so you can do any or all or none. If you just want to vegetate and become one with the sand, you can do that. We do a little of both. Have fun!

Duane & Mary

Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post
    While I can't speak for any other than CN, I would think all are equally as good. Congratulations on number 25! Your vacation will be however you want it to be. There are plenty of things to do at the resort, so you can do any or all or none. If you just want to vegetate and become one with the sand, you can do that. We do a little of both. Have fun!

Duane & Mary
    Did exactly what you are doing, We chose CN it was the perfect choice. Based on your criteria, CN fits it the best.

The better half and I are returning to CSS (couples sans souci) for our 18th wedding anniversary. This will be our 2nd time to CSS and third to a couples resort. We are in our early 40's and love the atmosphere at CSS as you can lay back enjoy the beach and lush grounds without feeling as though the resort is full and can't enjoy your space and privacy. The cliff side views give you the amazing views and at night can sit out on your balcony and listen to the tree frogs. CSS has held a warm place for us, as it is the tranquillity that we are looking for from all the go,go,go from back home with the teenage boys.....this is our opinion. If your looking for an area where you just want to lay on the beach and enjoy each other I would give CSS a look. If your looking for an area that your able to walk the length of the beach, then Negril area is your choice. Either places you chose you will re-kindle the love and spark the inner fire guaranteed. Chosen the place is the hardest one, enjoying them is the easiest. Good luck

40 days until we return home to CSS.

Like others, I'd recommend either CSA or CN if "lazing on the beach" will be your main activity. I can't speak for CTI, but the CSS beach, for us, did not compare with the soft sand and clear water at CSA and CN, and I have heard the CTI beach is similar to the CSS beach. Between CSA and CN, the decision is a bit tougher.

If it matters to you, CSA does not have an AN facility, so that could sway the decision. I think most would agree that CSA has a more active night life (between the piano bar and club) than CN, and I think most would agree that CSA's fitness facilities are superior.

You will find people who claim CSA has the better beach and people who will claim CN has the better beach. One thing that is almost certainly true is that you will find more beach vendors at CSA than you will at CN, which is either a positive or a negative depending on your personal viewpoint. As far as the activities, the food, and the drinks, while you may again find people who prefer one resort over the other, I think most would agree they are fairly comparable.

Whichever resort you choose, you will have an amazing time.

Thank you all for the replies & suggestions, they were very helpful! For some reason I am leaning towards CSA....because I just love the look of their atrium suites!

Andrea

Ok, decided on CN in a garden view suite....going to book! Yay! Thanks for the insight 😊

CN for sure is the best choice> we have been to all four and CN is where we go for 10 days in November
    but they are all great.
    I haven't figured out the number of days left but can`t wait to return for CN for Number 6

Go with Couples Tower Isle. Though the beach at Negril is nicer, they are building a new resort right next door, and can't predict the noise level during construction. You can't beat the views from the room at any ocean view room at Tower Isle, and especially since it's an anniversary trip it was wonderful to just sit on the balcony with drink in hand and enjoy each other's company. We also found the restaurants to be more romantic at this resort. We went to CTI for our 25th and found it to be the perfect choice...even when we went to Negril this year, we still agreed that CTI made for a better special anniversary trip.

Nancy
    CTI - 2013
    CN - 2015