Default September 2015 CSA Jerk Tour

Tuesday, September 8th - meet in the CSA Main Lobby at 12:00 noon

From CSA we will travel by van to The Red Dragon for some of the best jerk pork in Negril. Next stop will be Bourbon Beach for super hot sauce and great jerk. Last stop is Step-Aside for jerk chicken. And, if anyone is still hungry, we can swing past Best In The West before we arrive back at CSA.

The van is usually around $10 to $15 per person, not including tip for the driver. We need at least 6 people and no more than 12. I will have free samples of Boca Boys Jamaican Jerk Rub for all who attend. Bring your own Pepcid or Zantac. Bring small cooler bags, Ziploc bags, and water. Don't plan on eating dinner that night.

================================================== =======
    The date is flexible!!! The date is flexible!!! The date is flexible!!!
    If we have more folks who can go on Wednesday or Thursday, then we'll change it. Let me know.

Name:  jerk1.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  jerk2.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  jerk3.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  78.4 KB
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Can't wait!!

Bumping this up...who wants to join us?

can you get this together the last week in august sometime?
    Jon & Tammy

CSA - Aug 2009, Aug 2010 (wedding & honeymoon), Aug 2012, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, Aug 2015 (5th anniversary)
    CSS - Aug 2014, Aug 2015

Though I cannot attend, I can say from personal experience that the Jerk Tour is well worthwhile. A great time was had by all last year! Have fun!

i wanted to do this last year, but hubby really didn't...so, we just did the pub crawl. however, this time next year, hoping to be on board and cannot wait!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

Wileeandrr when are you all going to be there? Are you joining us on the September jerk tour?

Onelovecsa....we don't get to CSA til 9/4 and Ricky is doing the tour 9/8. Although we'd like to, we don't live in Negril, just go to CSA twice a year!

I'd love to see this happen from CN during the week of October 19th! Who puts this together? Is this something fawnrigde is organizing? Is this more like the One Love Bus tour?

The Jerk Tour is me and Suzi and anyone who wants to join us. Obviously, it's only run when we are there and it has nothing to do with Couples. Anyone can put together a jerk tour, what makes ours different is that I'm a cook who specializes in Jamaican Jerk. I have over 30 years experience cooking jerk and a passion for food.

There are dozens of jerk shacks and roadside cookers in Negril and the surrounding area. Many you can walk to, others you'll want a taxi. We are at CSA every April for at least 9 days surrounding our wedding anniversary - 4/20 - and usually there the last week of October. This year we're going to CSA in early September for 10 days due to a week-long trip to Costa Rica in December and we need to be home during October for our kitchen remodel.

For those of you going to CN, the jerk tour would be just as easy to put together as you're only a few miles down the road.
    Last edited by fawnridge; July 31st, 2015 at 11:22 AM.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

We will be at CS Sept 5- 12. We may be interested in doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac069 View Post
    We will be at CS Sept 5- 12. We may be interested in doing this.
    We still have a couple of seats open on the bus if you're interested.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

If this goes Tuesday the 8th please count us in. We can not do Wed. We are renewing our vows that day.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac069 View Post
    If this goes Tuesday the 8th please count us in. We can not do Wed. We are renewing our vows that day.
    raven - you're in. Please email me - ricky at fawnridge dot com - to confirm. We're now at 14 and full.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

Two words: TAKE PEPCID For those of you who don't eat very hot and spicy, I don't either, and can eat everywhere we will be going. I just don't add sauce and it's still delicious!