Default Secrets/Favorite Parts of CN

Hi Everyone!
    I have seen some posts similar to this from a few years ago, but I figured it was time to start a new one. What is everyone's favorite "unadvertised" part of CN? Thanks! Can't wait to hear what everyone has to say : )

I love to take a kayak and go around Bloody Bay and stop at the left corner. I get out and swim around in the little alcoves at the point. You can even snorkel around if you want.

Late night in the AN jacuzzi. Just sitting back, relaxing, looking at the stars or out at the ocean...with my spouse (of course).

At sunset, walk out into the water until the water is up to your waist or chest, then look down. You'll see so many starfish on the ocean floor. It's so cool!

can't wait to try these!

For our 15 yr anniversary we decided to go to CN. One of my memories was my wife and I open and closed the karaoke and dance party in the martini bar until 2 am. We were 38 and two newlyweds complemented us and said they hope to be doing what we were in their future, feels IRIE.... This this our second time heading back to CN, July 25- Aug 1. This time we are getting the massages outside. I hoping to grab some late night champagne and relax on the beach in one another's company (no kids), check out the stars, and enjoy the beautiful island elements.....still thinking...
    KJ

My secret.. we will always request Building 5. I think it is the best location to stay on the resort, for so many reasons.

Great tip! We'll have to give this a try when we go in October. Eric and I usually see you guys around Anniversary party at CN. I haven't seen you on the boards for Oct yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    I love to take a kayak and go around Bloody Bay and stop at the left corner. I get out and swim around in the little alcoves at the point. You can even snorkel around if you want.

This all sounds awesome! Is the beach safe for night walks or would staying closer to CN be advisable?

Quote Originally Posted by AandBfromMinnesota View Post
    This all sounds awesome! Is the beach safe for night walks or would staying closer to CN be advisable?
    You can walk on the shoreline of CN and across the other resorts along Bloody Bay all you want. I'm sure it is safe, but I don't think I'd let my girl do it alone.

By the way, we are in Blaine and have been to CN five times. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Not sure if they count as "secrets" but (a) loved the night snorkel trip; and (b) the secluded hot tub behind the water sports buildings.

The stretch of beach directly north of CN would be safe, IMO. That is in front of the RIU and should be safe. Beyond that it can get pretty isolated and I would not walk there late at night. It is likely safe, but why take chances?

Hey! We will be there at the same time as you!

What i really loved is the beach in the morning, between about 7:30 and say, 9. The water was like glass. I could walk out to my knees holding my kindle (while my husband went to the gym - better person than I!) and read standing there. It was incredibly peaceful. If you can, get down early one day and check it out.

In fact, sometimes during yoga now, if the instructor asks me to picture myself on a beach, i picture the beach at Negril in the morning.

That's my favorite part of the day! Drinking my coconut under the sea grape tree, reading my book, then jumping in the calm ocean. Bliss at it's finest!

Quote Originally Posted by MONA70 View Post
    What i really loved is the beach in the morning, between about 7:30 and say, 9. The water was like glass. I could walk out to my knees holding my kindle (while my husband went to the gym - better person than I!) and read standing there. It was incredibly peaceful. If you can, get down early one day and check it out.

In fact, sometimes during yoga now, if the instructor asks me to picture myself on a beach, i picture the beach at Negril in the morning.