Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Gunner262,

Once Lobster season is re opened, we will definitely be offering it as usual in All restaurants.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Definitely not a fan of the increased number of buffets and group dining events. We're not anti-social; just look forward to some private, memorable dinners at a beautiful resort. I'm sure this is more cost-effective, but it really takes something away from the experience.
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011, 2013
    CSS 2014

it's a downgrade to save money and lessens the experience of dining...
    Randi & Sherri
    18x CSA repeaters
    1x CN

[QUOTE=MichelleG 'Island Girl';268827]Gunner262,
    Thanks for the fast response Michelle, we're not really fans of buffets one reason we don't care for Punta Cana just to many of them. Palms has always been one place to go and relax and order something. Hope Couples isn't going to keep this going.

Say it isn't so!!!! It would be a downgrade in service to me. I really liked the menu selection with the pasta and salad. It's too difficult to get into the other venues. I'll admit 16th trip in October to CSA and have seen changes since 1993 but I really hope this one doesn't stick.

Maybe it's just us but we've never had a real problem getting into any of the restaurants... maybe it is because we'll take the later reservation and simply have a later lunch or snack to hold us over?! I don't see this as a problem considering how good the food already is... I think those of you referring to Mexico resort buffets are making an unfair comparison... Couples uses 10 times the food quality of those chains/resorts! They didn't say they were downgrading the quality, merely cooking larger portions at once to feed a very large group... Also, not all change is bad guys... I see complaints about the rewards program, increased pricing, large groups, palapas, etc. all the time... Have you ever stopped to think that all of these complaints contradict each other? You can't have lower prices, more palapas and better rewards when your overhead is the same if not higher than it has always been!! Just my 2 cents, one love!

I agree with the majority that the buffet for dinner is less desirable when you are getting dressed up for a nice evening with your bride. It's OK for breakfast and lunch, but let's keep dinner a bit of a more formal atmosphere and less like the Golden Corral.
    ​Itsheboompy

Not sure why everyone is so upset. If you want to get dressed up for dinner and have to sit around and wait to be served you have three other choices you can pick from. I kinda like being able to just go grab some tasty food and eat at our own pace. Guess we are alone on that one...

Usually when my wife and I go out to eat, we'll get a couple of apps. and we will share an entrée. That way we get to taste many diff. tastes and don't get gorged on one thing. I personally like to try diff. tastes and for me, if I get my food, or someone brings it to me, what the heck is the difference? Plus, I also get to look at what I am about to eat, before it is sitting on the table in front of me! Gotta love the food at Swept Away!!!

No, Bearso. You're not alone. We agree with you.

We will be there next month, hoping that the a la carte option is offered at Palms for dinner. I enjoy doing the salad and pasta bar, although I enjoyed the menu presentations, as it offered me something different to try.
    For the CSA Staff:
    Are the buffet items simply menu items prepared for the masses, or will this be traditional buffet foods popular in Jamaica?
    How does the buffet accommodate Lobster Night?

Over the last week we've eaten at the Palms dinner buffet on 3 occasions. It's now replaced Patios as our walk up dinner location. The evenings, like the lunches, are broadly themed. The food quality is very high, and they've been thoughtful about the items and how they're presented. Only small amounts of product with short hold times is put out, and then frequently changed. I think this is a very successful buffet. I haven't noticed any impact on the quality or attendance at the other restaurants. In fact attendance at the Palms has grown everyday. I think they have a winning idea here. And as I live in North Carolina, epicenter of Golden Corral, I can tell you, this buffet is no Golden Corral. Of course you can't stop guests from showing up in swimsuits and t-shirts for dinner if that's vacation to them.

So now that is buffet there is no dress code for dinner, not good. Is the dress code like lunch now, swimsuits and coverups ok, that really takes away from dinner dining experience. Might as well eat the the grill, it least it's prepared to order unlike buffet dishes sitting out on warming trays. Sure can't order meat cooked the way you want.

I do hope you reconsider this. My wife and I first went to Swept away in 2001 before it was labeled Couples. I surprised her with a trip on our 20th anniversary. The first night we were there we ate at the main restraurant at CSA and I couldn't believe we were handed a menu with no prices. Absolutely the most incredible, romantic evening of our lives. Later Marky Mark took the stage and we were in heaven. The entire trip was magical and unforgetable. We've been going back to CWA and CN ever since and are going to make our 9th trip next March.

For the last few years we've been going to CN, but had decided to return to CSA next Spring, and hearing this about the buffet, we are sorry we did. Honestly, if this spreads we'll probably look elsewhere.

If there is anyway this issue can be fixed before March, we'd really appreciate it.

There is so much about Couples that I love. No wristbands, the chair pads, great security, the spa staff, staff who really cares, fabulous food. I'd hate to have it go all buffet like the Holdiay Inn Sunspree properties. C'mon on, you're better than this!

Please find a way to solve this.

John Hansen

When we were there, Jamaican night at the buffet was one of our most memorable meals. We got to try jerk pork, oxtail stew, curried goat, callaloo, festival, etc...

Don't remember the a la carte dinner at the Palms as much. Would've been at the Palms every night if they offered authentic Jamaican food (ok maybe except for Lionfish and Lobster at Feathers, or pizza at Patois)

If this is going to be a chain wide trend to make the main restaurant buffet only for dinner I will be cancelling my upcoming trip this December to CTI.

I hope Management is reading the comments on here and discontinues the every night buffet soon! We return for my 9th trip (Ricky's 23rd) in September and would hate to see 7 nights of buffets.

If there were 6-8 restaurants to choose from, one all-buffet might make sense. Not in this case.

^^^ Someone needs to take a deep breath and give change a try... As was stated above by micanopy, I am beginning to think you read only what you want, "Only small amounts of product with short hold times is put out, and then frequently changed. I think this is a very successful buffet. I haven't noticed any impact on the quality or attendance at the other restaurants. In fact attendance at the Palms has grown everyday." Have you ever considered that your worst case scenario way of thinking and threats (that make you sound entitled) is overly dramatic and since you have not even give it a chance, completely baseless?!?!

its a downgrade no matter if hotel pans, half pans, 1/3 pans are changed out frequently. I would not say its completely baseless as many guest return for the expereince food included, and as well many of them have had experiences in other resorts with buffets. As stated by many people on the board and as we return for trip 18 to csa in December hopefully this won't be around
    Randi & Sherri
    18x CSA repeaters
    1x CN

Quote Originally Posted by Surfhary20 View Post
    ^^^ Someone needs to take a deep breath and give change a try... As was stated above by micanopy, I am beginning to think you read only what you want, "Only small amounts of product with short hold times is put out, and then frequently changed. I think this is a very successful buffet. I haven't noticed any impact on the quality or attendance at the other restaurants. In fact attendance at the Palms has grown everyday." Have you ever considered that your worst case scenario way of thinking and threats (that make you sound entitled) is overly dramatic and since you have not even give it a chance, completely baseless?!?!
    Bravo! Your last sentence has been on my mind each time I read this thread. Give it a chance folks. The sky is not falling....... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    Bravo! Your last sentence has been on my mind each time I read this thread. Give it a chance folks. The sky is not falling....... yet.

I am sorry you think I am "entitled" to want an ala carte dining experience at the resort's main restaurant for dinner.
    We work hard all year and spend a lot of money to go there. I want to be served a cooked to order meal and not have to wait on my self. I serve my business clients all year, so if for one week I want to be pampered on my vacation at a deluxe resort I should be able to. And the Palms is a much nicer setting than Patios, nothing against Patios I just like the vibe better at the Palms, plus the entertainment is there. Finally, I am now mobility challenged and do not want to be balancing plates of food and trying to walk through a crowd of people.
    That is not entitlement.

We're returning in August and we are interested in trying the buffet but have some concerns because we have never been impressed with the dinner buffets at the Palms. The Palms has always been our favourite place for dinner and we love the a la carte meals. We do however really enjoy the lunch buffets so are going with an open mind. I know you can get a la carte dinners at the other restaurants but the ambiance is not the same. We are still moaning about the change to Feathers - lol.
    I would appreciate if someone would confirm if the dress code at the Palms has changed. That would be one positive point if my husband doesn't have to wear long pants. Nice shorts (no bathing suits) and T-shirts for a dinner buffet would be appropriate- IMHO.
    Looking forward to getting back home.

Karon - The Palms has never required a dress code beyond no swimsuits so there's the positive!!
    Continental Breakfast: 5:00am
    Full Breakfast: 7:30am to 10:30am
    Lunch: 12:30pm to 2:30pm<
    Dinner: 6:30pm to 10:00pm, closed Fridays (Beach Party if weather permits)
    Reservations: Not Required
    Dress: Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required)

so are the wedding groups at the Palms eating buffet too or are the groups of 10 are more being served a set meal?
    Bear in mind we are being charged the same now for a buffet dinner that we used to pay for ala carte meal.

We are returning to CSA in September and are looking forward to the dinner buffet at the Palms. There are 3 other restaurants for served meals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast