Default Arrival at airport on Wednesday in September

Good day Couples family. The better half and I are traveling back to CSS in September ( 84 days) arriving at the airport on a Wednesday at 1:15pm. I verified the website and seems as though there might be 1 more flight before and 3 flights after we land- with in half an hour. Have always traveled in March and have chosen Club Mobay. Just checking with others to see what is the trend/line up lately.

Irie.... Correy and Chantal

We've traveled Wednesday to the following Friday the last couple of times we've gone and not had any issues with waiting in lines. Only the last trip we took left us behind a line of people both at immigration and at customs. Neither places had us waiting for longer then 5-10 minutes though, so it's all irie.

If you are getting there before 3 other planes, don't doddle on the walk down to the immigration hall, or you'll be stuck behind everyone else getting off the planes.

There are so many factors that come into play with regards to how quickly you get to the resort. We've rushed through to the immigration hall, then grabbed our bags as fast as we could to get to customs and off to the Couples reception, only to have to wait 20-30 mins for a few more couples to make it through before the bus could leave for the resort. Had a few Red Stripes while waiting, so at least there's that.

Then other times, we've taken our time, gotten through the rigmarole, and then barely had time to use the washroom before the bus was ready to leave for the resort.

All depends on how many people are there at any given time.

It's a crap shoot, club Mobay is insurance. You have to decide if it's worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Jen View Post
    We've traveled Wednesday to the following Friday the last couple of times we've gone and not had any issues with waiting in lines. Only the last trip we took left us behind a line of people both at immigration and at customs. Neither places had us waiting for longer then 5-10 minutes though, so it's all irie.

If you are getting there before 3 other planes, don't doddle on the walk down to the immigration hall, or you'll be stuck behind everyone else getting off the planes.

There are so many factors that come into play with regards to how quickly you get to the resort. We've rushed through to the immigration hall, then grabbed our bags as fast as we could to get to customs and off to the Couples reception, only to have to wait 20-30 mins for a few more couples to make it through before the bus could leave for the resort. Had a few Red Stripes while waiting, so at least there's that.

Then other times, we've taken our time, gotten through the rigmarole, and then barely had time to use the washroom before the bus was ready to leave for the resort.

All depends on how many people are there at any given time.
    Thank you for the response. We will try our luck and not get club MOBAY this time.

Correy and Chantal

Where did you get this information regarding plane arrivals. We are going to CN in October and would like to get this information regarding our flight arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Ja mon View Post
    Where did you get this information regarding plane arrivals. We are going to CN in October and would like to get this information regarding our flight arrival.
    I actually verified what day we were leaving/arriving in Jamaica (for us on a Wednesday) I would then check the Montego airport on that day ( again Wednesday) then would see how many flights come at the same time. Most airlines will fly on that same route every week and then just keep checking. As far as delays I check my airline through flight-aware and it gives me an idea of how much delay to expect. Hope this helps.

Yeah mon........83 days to go til home
    Correy and Chantal

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    It's a crap shoot, club Mobay is insurance. You have to decide if it's worth it or not.
    So very true. One year I checked FlightStats.com and there were 7 or 8 planes landing in the hour and a half before ours. So I reserved Club MoBay arrival service and there were less than 10 people in immigration hall. But, for $100 (on a $7,000 trip) it's worth it for me. It's just insurance that I won’t have to stand in line for an hour or more. One year it took us 1-1/2 hours to get through just immigration! If you don't mind standing in line for an hour and getting to the resort an hour later, and want to save $100, don't get Club MoBay.

By the way, the Couples shuttles leave when they have a load (or if someone's been waiting for more than 20 minutes). They don't wait for everyone on your plane to get through immigration, baggage claim and customs.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

We have been several times in September on mid week flights, We did not need Club Mobay, we got through Immigration so fast that we had to wait on our luggage. Also when leaving the following week mid afternoon there was not 1 person in the security line and they made us leave 4 hours prior to our flight and only 1 hour back from Negril to the airport so we had 3 hours to hang out.

We have been 3 times, 1st no MoBay, 2nd departure service only and 3rd time arrival and departure. Best money spent we arrived on a Wednesday in October about noon and it was packed, we had our luggage within 10 minutes and checked into Couples within 15. We even had our own bus to the resort because no one had made it through immigration. Hubby says thank goodness we were alone because I indulged on the run punches in the MoBay lounge lol. I look at it as insurance. I wouldn't be disappointed to pay the money and not need it, but I would be if I didn't pay and needed it. I still check flights in just to be curious, but we won't ever go again without the whole package. I like the departure too because I'm afraid of flying so the atmosphere is laid back and I can have a couple beers before boarding the plane.