Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

During the day my fall-back is Appleton's & diet cola and then some others for variety (Red Stripe, dirty banana, hummingbird). But when it comes to a more "formal" cocktail, my fallback is the Cointreau Cosmopolitan (though every time I order one, I feel like JD on "Scrubs" ordering an appletini...my wife assures me that this is not the case, but she might be tricking me )

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    During the day my fall-back is Appleton's & diet cola and then some others for variety (Red Stripe, dirty banana, hummingbird). But when it comes to a more "formal" cocktail, my fallback is the Cointreau Cosmopolitan (though every time I order one, I feel like JD on "Scrubs" ordering an appletini...my wife assures me that this is not the case, but she might be tricking me )
    I LOVED that show. Easy on the tini. Hahahaha

We generally drink dirty bananas and rum punches while on the beach. In the evening it's appleton and ginger ale and a few Bob's

Quote Originally Posted by okcjayhawker View Post
    We generally drink dirty bananas and rum punches while on the beach. In the evening it's appleton and ginger ale and a few Bob's
    I'm shocked no one else has put Bob's on the list. This one is a MUST if you are a newbie. Just be careful. LOL.

Been to CSS twice we like dirty bananas and bob marleys .....

Trip #2 to CN. I didn't try the Bob Marley the Legend yet.... Whats the fear and warnings about the Bob Marley all about??? The taste or the effects??
    KJ

Quote Originally Posted by KJW View Post
    Trip #2 to CN. I didn't try the Bob Marley the Legend yet.... Whats the fear and warnings about the Bob Marley all about??? The taste or the effects??
    For us it was the effects, our first trip to CN, and after a day of travel we slammed a couple shots before the resort tour on empty stomachs. We were feeling extra happy. Did not get sick, but didn't stand up straight the rest of the night either.

Quote Originally Posted by benandmiranda View Post
    For us it was the effects, our first trip to CN, and after a day of travel we slammed a couple shots before the resort tour on empty stomachs. We were feeling extra happy. Did not get sick, but didn't stand up straight the rest of the night either.
    That is about right, for us, too. We know this time around, grab food, then three shots of Bob Marley to begin our holiday.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by KJW View Post
    I think we should let you find out on your own. Just make sure as others have mentioned that you have a bit of food in your stomach.
    I will say they make you extra groovy.

Has anyone had the Vodka slushes at CSA? That sounds right up my alley but not sure if the other resorts offer it!

Anything while sitting on the beach.

Life is good on the beach

Default Favourite drink

Quote Originally Posted by ALD1976 View Post
    Hi all! My question is directed mainly at the many repeaters here on the MB.
    Will be at CTI for first time in August this year. I plan on trying ALLLLL the cocktails haha. Tell me what your favorites are, and if possible, a general idea of whats in it

59 days!

Our favourite drinks are G&T during the day and Glenlivet scotch on the rocks in the evening for me and Rum and ginger beer (dark and stormy) for my husband. You cannot always get ginger beer.

i think the vodka slush will be my go to drink in LESS THAN A MONTH!!!

My favourite CTI drink was discovered on my last trip: Morning Glory (1 oz vodka, 1 oz amaretto, 2 oz pineapple juice, splash of lime). Rum cream on ice is a nice drink, as is a Moody Blue or Couples Blue.

It took me going to Couples 6 times before I finally had a Bob Marley. Wow! That thing hits ya hard. But like the Jamaica tourist line...Once you go, you know. Same goes for Bob. Indulge at your own discretion. As for me, I'm one and done.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    My favorites, Lychee Martini

the drink that tastes like a Brownie, forget the name.
    Jamaican Browning
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

I'm not sure its my favorite drink, but I really like this frozen purple drink they make. Cannot remember the name? It really hits the spot for me after being in the sun all day, drinking many Red Stripes and other drinks....squeezing into the shade at the swim-up bar at Sunset Beach for a couple of these purple fruity things before heading back to the room to get ready for dinner. Thirty eight more days.

Thanks all for your input and suggestions....I plan on trying almost ALL OF THEM!

Only 14 MO DAYS!!

My wife created the Rum Smoothie on our trip to CSA. Get one or two shots of VX at the bar and then go to the veggie bar and get them to make you a fruit smoothie. Mix the two together. Healthy and rummy at the same time.

On our last trip to CTI some folks from Detroit were watching us get them made and had one made for themselves. They saw us a few hours later and they were on their fourth...lol. Try different fruits and the taste changes every time.

Unfortunately can't do this at CN as there is no veggie bar.
    Gerry and Susan - Ottawa Canada
    CSS 2013
    CN 2014, 2015
    CSA 2014, 2016
    CTI 2015

Bob Marleys! wait? that's not a cocktail... Bob Marleys with ice! there...

My next one.
    CSS OCT 2009, 2011, 2014,2015

I usually top my ice cream with rum cream. So good

Well, when I tried the Bob Marley I had a dance off with the entertainment in the nightclub after taking the shot. I'm very certain I also won the dance competition (Although, not very out of character for me I suppose)
    Just do It!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Appleton rum and Jamaican Lemonade It's called a Crabracer.
    I met that guy. He's great! The drink has to be just as great!

My personal fav was Stoli (vodka) and Ting.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryandsusan View Post
    My wife created the Rum Smoothie on our trip to CSA. Get one or two shots of VX at the bar and then go to the veggie bar and get them to make you a fruit smoothie. Mix the two together. Healthy and rummy at the same time.

On our last trip to CTI some folks from Detroit were watching us get them made and had one made for themselves. They saw us a few hours later and they were on their fourth...lol. Try different fruits and the taste changes every time.

Unfortunately can't do this at CN as there is no veggie bar.

My husband and I visited CN in 2010 for our Honeymoon. We love smoothies and would order one daily for a nice cool drink on the beach. The bartenders were great about tossing in whatever fruits we felt like trying that day and we actually found we HAD to request them to be virgin if we didn't want rum in them....otherwise, to them...of course that was a given So, you can definitely get a rum smoothie at CN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast