Default New island in 2016 - wish Couples would expand :(

After a lot of thought, my husband and I have decided to cancel our trip to CTI next year for our 10 year anniversary and try a new island. We were married at CTI, just got back from CSA, have been to all the resorts and spent over 60 nights at the properties. We absolutely LOVE Jamaica and Couples but are finding ourselves wanting to try a new island. I wish Couples would buy property on other islands! It's going to be weird celebrating 10 years somewhere other then Couples but I know we'll love the change and be super excited to return to Jamaica hopefully in 2017.

We are experiencing the same thing. We will have been to Couples 12 times as of this July in the last 11 years. I have always wanted to see St. Lucia, so next year that is where we are headed. We too wish there was a Couples in St. Lucia. But we will be back to Jamaica, our home away from home.

I heard rumors that Couples had been thinking about a property in St. Lucia a few years back. Not sure it was true or not. We are thinking about trying Aruba but will always come back to our first love, Jamaica.

Life is good

I think Couples tried that a few years ago. Couples entered into a lease agreement for a Barbados resort, and after Couples renovated the entire resort, Sandals bought it out from under them.

Years ago Couples did have a resort, now Rendevous in St Lucia, wish they would buy it back.
    Otherwise if you want AI couples only you are stuck with the S resorts.

They did try Barbados but it did not work out. We went there and enjoyed it. The diving was not on a daily basis or on site. Much nicer rooms than any of the other Couple resorts that we have been to.

Many years ago(Over 25) there was a Couples in St.Lucia. I believe that it failed because the Couples Concept was still developing. It was a nice visit because St. Lucia is an absolutely beautiful island with it twin Pitons. You will love it but it is not Couples.

We love Couples and we love going to other Caribbean islands for our winter holiday - they are all different and we enjoy experiencing those differences. That is why we go to Couples alternate years. If Couples were to expand I hope it would be within Jamaica. You cant export Couples to another island and expect it to be the same - the people are not the same, the whole vibe would be different.

Ideally I would love to see a Couples over towards Port Antonio so that we can explore that side of the island yet still stay at a Couples resort but I can see that distance from an airport would be a problem. We've been going to Couples since 2003, have stayed at all 4 Couples resorts and enjoy what we have at the moment - most recently Feb 2015 was CN and CSA, Feb 2016 will be Antigua and Feb 2017 will be CSS and ??? - decisions, decisions!
    Last edited by Dawn; June 14th, 2015 at 06:21 PM.

Ditto- we're booked for Nov. for our 10 year anniversary as well, but are shopping around. It's gotten kind of stale.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013, 11/2015, 11/2017

Sorry Couples, I too just cancelled what would have been our 8th trip in December. We love the island, the people, the resorts. However, it was getting a little "stale" for us as well. Moving the "high season" up at CN was also a killer for the dates we travel. I'm sure we will be back at some point but we are going to go back to trying new places again. There's so many places to go and places to see.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

We have been going to Belize in August the past few years for our anniversary, and staying with CSA in January. However, we have been wanting to go back to Aruba for a long time, so we will be "cheating" on Couples, and going to Aruba next January. I agree with the other posts, we have been to Couples 10 times (9 at CSA) for our winter vacation, and after this past trip, have decided that we needed a change.

We've been going to CTI since 1995. This November will be our 39th trip. I do admit that the routine of every week is more than predictable. But even after all those trips, it's still new and exciting in a very warm and comfortable way. There have been a number of times that I asked Syl if she was bored with the trip. She replied emphaticly "No"
    There are two things that make each trip one that we look forward to. The first is the staff. Catching up on what's gong on, sharing life. And our interaction during our stay is a huge part of our enjoyment. Secondly, we almost always run into some other couples we have met before. That's always great. And meeting new couples keeps things fresh and new.

Many people will say "Don't compare one Couples resorts to the other". I agree. Each have their own ambiance. But they are still under theCouples name. Leaving that reassuring knowledge in search of some other place is what would be impossible for me to avoid.

I thought I posted this before, perhaps it didn't make it on. We go to other islands/locations when traveling with friends or other family members. But when its just us (and that's only once every 2-5 year) its always going to be Couples.

We, too, will be canceling one of our upcoming trips to start experiencing other islands. We are planning Provo, Turks and Caicos next July instead of CSA.

a bit of the same story, CSA 5 times, CSS 1, not trying CN until GLN construction is over
    so trying CTI this December, 1st time in over 20 years and St. Lucia in Feb 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    After a lot of thought, my husband and I have decided to cancel our trip to CTI next year for our 10 year anniversary and try a new island. We were married at CTI, just got back from CSA, have been to all the resorts and spent over 60 nights at the properties. We absolutely LOVE Jamaica and Couples but are finding ourselves wanting to try a new island. I wish Couples would buy property on other islands! It's going to be weird celebrating 10 years somewhere other then Couples but I know we'll love the change and be super excited to return to Jamaica hopefully in 2017.
    We decided to celebrate our ten year in Aruba this year instead of coming back to Jamaica. i thought I had researched everything enough to know how amazing the trip would be, but it was far from it. We were very disappointed so now are in the process of planning a trip back to Jamaica to celebrate our anniversary. My best friend has been to one of the all inclusive a in St. Lucia and loved it.