Default What Happened to The Couples we all fell in love with?

What ever happened to the Couples Resort that took pride in the fact that their resorts blended in with the beautiful island scenery that is Jamaica?
    It is unthinkable that you would permit the use of the Porta-Brella type umbrellas on any Couples beach. I am sure like 99% of your repeat guests would agree these things will look like a boil on a beautiful face.
    We come back to Couples for the romance of being able to sit on the beach hand and hand and have an unobstructed view of the view of the beautiful ocean.
    As a repeater I request that you reconsider this mistake! Granted we have only been to Couples 12 times but we know other couples that have been there up to 30 times and feel the same way.
    Please do not let the few that want to use these ruin the years of tradition and spoil the romance and beauty of our Couples Resorts!

ya mon, I totally agree, there should be a ban on these um brellas, lets keep our beach the way it should be,

I have to agree. I has been our experience in 24 visits that shade is always available if you really need it.

Agreed

If people are so afraid of or sensitive to the sun that they have to resort to these garish umbrellas, why do they come to a beach resort in the first place? On the flip side, I have an aversion to cold weather and broken legs, so I don't visit ski resorts.

Well said BruceandBrendaPA! Living by the NJ shore I certainly don't go to a tropical paradise to see the cluttered beach trash umbrellas that I can see on the beaches by my home.

We agree, no portable shade pop-ups. We have only been there 7 times over the past 10 years and our next trip is planned for 2017 with 5 other couples. Hate to have to find another resort because of this and other recent issues.

We are only coming up on trip #3 but we agree with the request to ban porta-bellas

Brad & Carla
    CSA 2012, 2014, 2015 (come soon)

We broke our 11yr run based on apathetic management and changes. Dollars matter, not guests.

Good thing the staff still cares about their guests, as management has checked out.

This was just posted on the CRO forum:
    Chief Romance Officer
    Hi all -
    Apologies for the late response, but I did want to confirm with the resort operations team that nothing has changed. We take great care to provide simplistic, authentic Jamaican experience at Couples Swept Away and this includes our beach area. We ask that guests do not bring their own umbrella to the beach area. Hope this can clarify a bit of your concerns.
    Carrie

So it sounds like people are just complaining about a few umbrellas. Remember that you never know everyone's story and if it was pre approved by the resort, clearly there's a good reason. Here's a simple solution, don't lay behind them. Doesn't sound like they're everywhere.

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Thank you for your concern and to reiterate a previous statement, we take great care to provide simplistic, authentic Jamaican experience at Couples Swept Away – and this includes our beach area. We ask that guests do not bring their own umbrella to the beach area. Hope this can clarify a bit of your concerns.

Thank you for your loyalty and utmost love for Couples. We appreciate you and strive to continue to give the best service and experience possible.

Carrie
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts