Thread: Donovan

Default Donovan

While going through some of the trip advisor reviews, some people were saying Donavan is singing at the piano bar at CN. Is this true?
    One Love,
    Mya

Yes, Donnavon Dalrymple has been performing in the Piano Bar. I hope he becomes a CN institution!

We had the pleasure of listening to Donovan at the piano bar during our stay in May. We also purchased his 2nd cd that he recently released.

That would be awesome!!!!

This news just made my day!! Getting to hear him in the daytime as well as at night!!! AWESOME! Hope it's still the case come April 2016!!

We got to see him on our recent vacation at Couples. At that time, he was performing at the Piano Bar as part of the "Local Talent" entertainment. Donnavon was playing 8-9pm on Sat, Mon, & Tuesday nights. I ended up with my 2nd CD from him & it was titled "Vol.4". It is a real pleasure to see that he has developed a very strong fanbase from those of us who visit Negril. The man is simply awesome & he makes the world a better place for all of us!!

Quote Originally Posted by snoop17744 View Post
    The man is simply awesome & he makes the world a better place for all of us!!
    "Joy personified" is how I think of Donnavon. He always seems so happy and he takes pleasure in helping us to be happy, too. He has an original song that says it all. I'm not sure what it's called...maybe "I Wanna Be Me"? (or maybe "Free"?)

I Wanna Be Me
    by Donnavon Dalrymple

Free, like a bird in a tree
    Free, like I want to be
    Don't wanna be nobody else
    I don't wanna be nobody else
    Nobody but myself
    I just want to be me
    I just want to be free

I wake up in the morning and come to the beach
    Play the music for the people that I meet
    When I see you smiling it feels so sweet
    Make me want to move my dancing feet

Cause I'm free, like a bird in a tree
    Free, like I want to be
    Free, like a bird in a tree
    I don't wanna be nobody else
    Nobody but myself
    I just want to be free
    I just want to be me
    I just wanna be free

We love being with Donnavon on the beach and it is so special having him on certain nights in the piano bar.
    Donnavon just might be Jamaica's most loved entertiainer.

Hugs from Tommywommy