Default Couples massage on beach/treehouse at CN???

Planning on booking a couples massage for my wife and I. However, we're used to getting a massage in an air-conditioned environment. My question is for all that have experienced the beach massage or treehouse massage at CN: does the Jamaican humidity create a problem? Is it uncomfortable, and sweaty? Would you recommend, or is it best to stay inside the spa building for a massage???

The part of the spa that does massages is not air conditioned anyway...slatted windows, open air. No humidity issues in tree house. Plus, they use oil, so that eliminates any humidity issue I guess.

I always say that I am going to bring my sunscreen with me...if they are going to be covering me with goo, it might as well be my SPF30.

We have done the tree house multiple times. We didn't have any sweat issues but we are there in October and November. We definitely think the tree house is worth the additional cost.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

we always get one in the tree house in the evening. Very relaxing and cool

We've done both as well as the indoor experience at CTI. Outdoor is way, way better and no it's not sweaty at all. Our last massages were at a Spa while on vacation in New Orleans last month, and while the massage itself was great, I can't wait to get back to the Tree House in November.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015

CSS 2014

It is one of the most fantastic massages you'll ever get (we've done both). There is usually a gentle breeze and quite comfortable. Oh yes...we thoroughly recommend it!!! Just thinking of it makes us want to go get one!!

Treehouse is nice, did not notice any problems with any humidity, the only problem we had was a drunk singing really bad in the pool/hot tub just near the treehouse, but we all had a laugh when it was asked "how can that person not know how bad that sounds?, is he hurt?"

Great question! I was actually just thinking that same exact thing as I was lying in bed last night, unable to sleep as it is 17 days until we are there (Whoot, Whoot)! I also wondered about the heat/humidity but didn't even think of asking on the MB.
    I also ask for those of you who have had one...If it is a must, is there any time of the day better for the humidity or peacefulness?

I like the noises you can hear from the tree house. Hearing Donnavon singing or Andre calling out " cigarettes, cigars, cigars, cigars..." is really music to my ears and all part of the CN ambiance. Even a drunken guest singing loudly is just a reminder that I am in paradise and people are having fun. (I am sitting at work right now but it is uplifting to know that at this very moment it is someone else's turn to be having fun at CN )

I think it is cooler in the tree house, but quieter in the spa. Either way it is a wonderful way to spend an hour.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We did the couples massage in the beach hut, as we knew we were going to be doing dinner in the treehouse on our honeymoon. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, and the humidity was not an issue. We really enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat if we could pick up and go today.
    _____
    CN 6/12
    CN 7/13
    Next Trip ???

I've had the massage in the tree house once. Humidity wasn't an issue. Sounds were nice, but I felt the ambiance of it all was lost the moment I laid down. Regardless of the view of the ocean, the beach, the blue sky, how nice and romantic and peaceful the tree house actually is, it's all instantly gone the moment you lay down and put your face in the donut. Then the view just becomes a wooden floor.

I'm not saying I wouldn't choose it over the spa again - was just my impression after the 1st time.

Hmm ... my view is always the same regardless of where we get our massage. It's the backside of my eyelids.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015

CSS 2014

misskathyi2009 Guest

I love the couples massage in the treehouse - so peaceful.