Default Negril vs. Swept Away

I've been to Tower Isle twice and loved it but am looking to try one of the Negril properties this year. I like the intimate feel of CTI (that everything is so close inside the resort- that from my room I'm just steps from pool and dining) and the privacy of the resort/beach. I know that Negril and Swept Away are not as private (vendors can walk right up to you on the beach) as CTI but can you give me your suggestions on which property I should choose? When was the last time the guest rooms renovated? Does security allow the vendors to bother guests at the Couples pool area?

Also how long is the shuttle ride to the Negril properties from MBJ?

Vendors can't just walk up to you on the beach,at least they aren't supposed to. Cn is more compact so you'd probably like it better. We love csa hands down, 6th trip booked. Whichever one you choose, it'll be great.

Vendors are not allowed past the water line unless you wave them over, so no way can they be by the pool area

Let me start by saying that the quality of service, food and drink at all of the Couples properties is comparable, so no worries there.

If you liked the size of CTI then CN beats out CSA. Everything at CN is centrally located around the pool and main building which is in the center of the property. At CSA, you have restaurants and gift shops at either end of the resort with the rooms in the middle (think "bar-bell" shaped" for lack of a better image). Things are more spread out with a longer walk through either lush vegetation or along the beach to get from one end to the other.

If you liked the privacy of the CTI beach then CN wins again. CN's beach is not as "private" as CTI's, but there is significantly less beach traffic on CN's beach than CSA's (including vendors). CN is on Bloody Bay which really only has other all-inclusive resorts on it. It's about 2 miles long. CSA is on Long Bay which has many more hotels, bars and shops along its 5 mile stretch. At both resorts, the vendors stay along the water's edge unless you ask them to approach. You won't get the vendors getting anywhere near the pools at either resort. By the way, CN has a bigger and nicer pool in my opinion, but we go for the beach anyway.

I can't remember the date of the last renovations.

Bottom line, it sounds like CN would be the better choice for you.

Note that this opinion comes from someone who prefers CSA and we have been to CTI once, CSA once and CN twice. Heading back to CSA this December.

Enjoy!
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I can answer some of your questions. Haven't been to CSA so biased toward CN.

The ride to CN is between 1 and 1 1/2 hours, depending on driver, stops, traffic, etc. I think we made it in about an hour and 10 minutes one time.

Vendors are restricted to the first 10 feet or so of the shore. They are not allowed past the high water mark essentially. Security is very good about this. 99.9% of the vendors are very respectful and you just need to say no thank you and they move on. Don't say "maybe tomorrow" unless you mean it as they will remember. Since the vendors cannot go past the high water mark, you will not see them at the pool.

CN just had their rooms renovated within the past two years. I don't know about CSA. CN has more of central theme then CSA as CN has a central main pool and all the restaurants are located around the pool area. CSA is more spread out with pools and restaurants on either end of the resort.

Good luck on your decision. I'm sure those who have stayed at both will have some more insightful comments.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

to answer your most important question......NO, the vendors cannot bother you in the pool area. Unless you choose to engage them, I believe the vendors must stay within certain feet of the waterline. Less vendors at CN due to the location on Bloody Bay, CSA is on the famed 7 mile beach. Both resorts are approx 1 1/2 ride from Mobay airport. CN is smaller and has the better pool area, CSA is all about the intimate rooms and that awesome beach

CN does has a nude beach area, CSA does not

It's difficult to compare the Negril Couples Resorts with CTI as there is such a difference. If you like the closeness of everything (CTI) then CN would be more similar as CSA is much more spread out. With CN everything is kind of based right around the main pool (restaurants, internet cafe, etc.). While the beaches at CN and CSA are not private like CTI...the vendors can't just walk up and bother guests. They are required to stay down near the water line (far from the pool) and only approach if invited by a guest (Security does a great job with that). Guest rooms at CN have been recently renovated (last couple years).

Shuttle ride from airport to Negril properties is about 1-1.25 hours.

Been to all of them and we love CTI followed by CSA. CSA was the last one we tried as we didn't think we would like it but for us it beat the other two out to second spot.