Default Couples advertises reduced prices.

But when I check there seems to be none. Is this your experience?

Ron,
    The specials that they advertise lately are stating $161.00 per night. Those rates are available at CTI and CSS but CN and CSA are higher. Just remember that they do not indicate that the $161.00 per night are PER PERSON.
    I use a travel agent to book my trips to Couples as they gaurantee their rates are the lowest. I won't mention the company but email me if you would like their info.
    pennirish7602@yahoo.com

This charging per person is the way the "S" chain does things and deceptive as Couples resort had always been booked as double occupancy rooms anticipating a couple would be there. It was never an Adults only resort where separate charges would matter. Being a long time Couples fan I can only hope they do not keep changing their business methods in line with that other chain. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

The specific advertised low rate of $161 per person is also only available for certain low-demand periods. They really need to display rate schedules for each resort for these specials so people can actually understand them.

Practically every hotel in the world advertises rates by the room and not per person.Advertising room rates per person borders on deceptive advertising and should be ceased.

I think maybe calling their advertising deceptive might be a little harsh. Yea most hotels quote rates by the room/per night, but 99% of the world's hotels are not all-inclusive resorts. By advertising the per-person rate, they likely get the attention of shoppers, but the site is very clear (at least to me) that the rate is per person. I just double it. I have never been confused or found the pricing strategy to be confusing. That said, it would be nice if the the site made it easier to find the dates/resorts that the advertised rates apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Practically every hotel in the world advertises rates by the room and not per person.Advertising room rates per person borders on deceptive advertising and should be ceased.
    Yes but a lot of vacation packages state rates based on per person, double occupancy. I've seen cruises and other AI's advertised this way. Couples may have to advertise a per person rate as most people don't read the fine print and so if your competitors are advertising per person rates, your per room rates can look expensive at first glance.
    Last edited by kurt and Angie; April 30th, 2015 at 11:58 AM.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

while most people I agree do not read the fine print right off, they eventually get to it. When they click on the book now button and the 5 day price is $1,710 instead of what they were expecting 5 x $171.00 per night to be, the shock factors brings them back to reality. Overall, I still believe this to be a good price for what you get or we wouldn't be headed back for our third trip to CSA. Some people I could see thinking this is bait and switch, but once you go you know, you cannot dine, relax and drink in paradise for the price of a Marriott Courtyard room

I hope "per person" is a limitation of the booking software, and not intentional. The message is already diluted...let's not continue down that road.

If this is really supposed to be a "couples-only" resort, they really shouldn't market a "per person" rate. 1 couple = 1 room. End of story.

Let me tell you, $1710 for two people for 5 nights isn't bad. I just booked a hotel for my nieces wedding in California (I live in WI) and the room alone was over $1000 for 5 nights. So by the time I add drinks, meals, etc. to this, it will be much more. I have always felt that Couples in the off season is really reasonable. I realize some like to go between Christmas and Easter, but then, like anywhere else, you pay for the busy times.

I have also booked cruises, and they state "Per person double occupancy" when you go to check their prices. So to me this is a normal thing.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post

I have also booked cruises, and they state "Per person double occupancy" when you go to check their prices. So to me this is a normal thing.
    Sure, but this is a first for "Couples".