Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Using Drones to save chairs

I haven't seen this topic discussed yet so please don't shoot the messenger. I am wondering if drones are allowed to save chairs early in the morning. With my camera on my drone I can sit on my balcony while having my morning cigarette and scan all the palapas and find one no one is using. This way I don't have to walk all over the beach to find some shade. While on the subject of my drone, there is an optional speaker system I am thinking of adding that I can use to play music. Please send me any tune requests and I'll do my best to play them. I wish I could get a metal detector feature added to my drone so maybe I could find some money to offset the cost of this trip! I understand people want privacy at the AN beach and I won't use the drone there (respect). Ok, I'll probably control my drone from the AN beach while I wait for my wife to get back from her shopping trip but I won't be buzzing the beach with my drone (haha). Looking forward to see the gang of 16 couples that always meet for our contest to see who can drink the most before passing out! I'll save a chair for you all!

I posted this obvious fictitious scenario with an ask. Please do your best to not be this guy. There are rules to be followed/bent, but more importantly, there is common courtesy and respect for others. In return, I'll do my best to be understanding when I see selfish and rude behavior by fellow guests.

Thanks for the laugh.

This type of request should go without asking, but your fictitious scenario was a hilarious way of addressing the issue.

*every little thing is gonna be alright*

I was hoping this was for real! I wanted to know if you could hook something up on your drone and bring me my Red Stripes! That way I wouldn't even have to get up!!! Darn it!!!

rotfl
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Be careful, they will call you a troll for having that kind of humor on this board.

thanks for the laugh! Personally though, I wouldn't mind it if people flew their drones on the beach.... As long as they don't mind my husband and I making a game of knocking it out of the sky

Who THIS guy ?

By posting this , you have demonstarted significantly less courtesy and respect towards me than I ever have (or intend to have) for any guest at CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by BarDar View Post
    I was hoping this was for real! I wanted to know if you could hook something up on your drone and bring me my Red Stripes! That way I wouldn't even have to get up!!! Darn it!!!
    That's a Google thing.

Default "That guy" not any one person.

Karl, "that guy" is someone that doesn't ask anyone else what they think before doing something that would effect everyone on the beach. "That guy" does all of the things I listed without concern how it effects others. So, no, that guy isn't you, it's all of us to some extent. I was just pointing out that consideration for others is sometimes lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Who THIS guy ?

By posting this , you have demonstarted significantly less courtesy and respect towards me than I ever have (or intend to have) for any guest at CSA.

Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by BarDar View Post
    I wanted to know if you could hook something up on your drone and bring me my Red Stripes! That way I wouldn't even have to get up!!! Darn it!!!
    I saw on Facebook (so it absolutely must be true) that this will be an added "beach service" feature. No more red or green flags to bother with. Just send an email, text or tweet to the bar with your GPS coordinates and drink order. The drone bar tender will arrive shortly with your order along with a fruit kabob and a lavender scented cool towel. The drones are not Couples employees, however, so bring tip money to the beach with you.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; April 21st, 2015 at 09:40 PM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

B and K, how hilarious! I think you forgot to include tipping, LOL!
    Karl, don't take things so personally....after all, you did ask our opinions.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

HA! Good one.

Life is good on the beach

B and K,

If drones aren't permitted, perhaps you could have your kids search the beach and find chairs for you. While children aren't allowed at Couples, I understand yours--at ages 11 and 12--are very mature and respectful and better behaved than most adult Couples guests. If they'd like to join you for breakfast, they could just tip a water sports employee so that he'll watch over the reserved chairs for you.

Great idea Pamela! I forgot about bringing the kids. And yes, you also pointed out the importance of tipping. Rules, smules, it makes me feel good to tip especially after I have to give someone a dressing down for not smiling when I walk by.

You really do know everything. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    B and K,

If drones aren't permitted, perhaps you could have your kids search the beach and find chairs for you. While children aren't allowed at Couples, I understand yours--at ages 11 and 12--are very mature and respectful and better behaved than most adult Couples guests. If they'd like to join you for breakfast, they could just tip a water sports employee so that he'll watch over the reserved chairs for you.

@JEANNEW,

I think you should read my original post again. I did not ask for anyone's opinion. I asked for information regarding the rules.

All of you providing your opinions was just kind of a bonus.

BTW , the question was never answered.

Karl

Name:  2b8662ee1180dce8a9fc10015891fa78.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  16.9 KB

Chris & Cindy (FL)
    CTI - July 2015
    CTI - July 2016

Ok, Karl. To quote first lady Nancy Reagan, "Just say, 'No'". Don't do it. However, after April 15, I'm not sure that means the same in Jamaica if your drone weighs less than 2 ounces.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

@JEANNEW,

I think you should read my original post again. I did not ask for anyone's opinion. I asked for information regarding the rules.

All of you providing your opinions was just kind of a bonus.

BTW , the question was never answered.

Karl
    Hey Karl,
    There is a really popular children's movie out with a very popular song....."Let it go"....I am sure you have heard it.
    If you want to be THAT guy on the beach, no one on this message board is going to physically stop you. Respect is a wonderful thing....respect for the country of Jamaica, respect for the people of Jamaica and respect for your fellow beach goers. If you choose to have little or no respect, that is on you. Many have tried to tell you why it might be a bad idea, what you do about it is up to you. It amazes me that you asked about policy on a public message board and did not ask the question directly to the resort. It further amazes me that you keep responding in somewhat childish ways....Let it go.
    Peace mon
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Karl, please read the Original Post. There is nothing here about rules so I'm not sure why you are posting your directives to Jeannew to read your original post. You seem to be in the wrong place.

If you want information on rules on UAV's in Jamaica your best bet may be to google the question rather than post a question in a resort travel forum. You may end up just getting opinions here.

The unofficial rule of the land is Respect (for others). The message from the group is pretty clear on the use of UAV's at the resort. Here is another unofficial code of conduct for the use of UAV's in Jamaica. http://www.jamaicauav.com/code-of-conduct/

I understand that everyone has an opinion about the "drone" subject, but all I've seen is a bunch of bullies. You can disagree with his OP, but it seems to me that there is a much more respectful way to do so.

With that being said, I don't know much about ariel photography, but I am pretty sure that with the noise and background chatter, nobody would even notice.

There are much bigger things in life to bitch about, that a damn flying camera.
    CTI 2009, CTI 2010, CTI 2011, CTI 2013, CTI 2014
    Future Dates: CTI December 26 - January 3rd

Who THIS guy ?

Leaving the drone at home then?

@tmulligan12 Thank you. I posted in the original thread.

@Spiff542 Dont know. But if I do bring it, I will operate it in a manner so that nobody would know or care.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast