Default Last Night in Montego Bay

We are considering spending our last night in Jamaica somewhere in Montego Bay, and were wondering if anyone else has done this? We'll be staying at CN for 4 nights, then transferring to CTI for 6 more, but our return flight is at noon so we'd have to depart the resort at like 7am. Instead of this, we were thinking about booking a room in Mobay, then taking the airport shuttle as late in the day as possible from CTI. Is this a viable option? How late in the day would we be able to take the airport shuttle?

Quote Originally Posted by Icemiller View Post
    We are considering spending our last night in Jamaica somewhere in Montego Bay, and were wondering if anyone else has done this? We'll be staying at CN for 4 nights, then transferring to CTI for 6 more, but our return flight is at noon so we'd have to depart the resort at like 7am. Instead of this, we were thinking about booking a room in Mobay, then taking the airport shuttle as late in the day as possible from CTI. Is this a viable option? How late in the day would we be able to take the airport shuttle?
    I don't think they'll give you a ride to another hotel. Or the airport if you aren't flying out that day.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

You may have to book private transportation to do this, and according to the Couples website, "Check-in is at 4pm. Checkout is at 11am. We do everything possible to accommodate early arrivals and late departures." Even if you were able to push back your departure time past 11am on the day before you depart, and even if you were able to catch a ride to the airport with other guests, is it really worth the hassle of booking elsewhere just so you don't have to wake up early? IMO, I'd prefer the extra night in paradise, rather than a hotel in Montego Bay.

This is just my opinion but I think you would be disappointed with Montego Bay hotel one night unless you are spending a lot of money. Friends of ours did this one time and they wished they hadn't. Also we always leave the resort early in the morning and it really is the best way to go. It is less likely that planes are delayed or problems arise if you leave earlier in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by benandmiranda View Post
    and even if you were able to catch a ride to the airport with other guests, is it really worth the hassle of booking elsewhere just so you don't have to wake up early? IMO, I'd prefer the extra night in paradise, rather than a hotel in Montego Bay.
    It has been to us in the past. We used to do Toby's (in/outbound for that one night coming/going, depending), but tried Decameron last time we had the layover need and enjoyed still having the AI touch. 30 bucks more than Toby's but cleaner and facing over the bay.

You could, just pick a late flight out of Mobay on any day and give that info to Couples, I doubt anyone checks to make sure that you are on the flight that you write down. They use it more for the time to give you your eviction notice.

We did the opposite, stayed in Mobay first for 4 or 5 nights and then went to CN, took the 'S' bus to the airport and got someone from couples to come outside and meet us for the trip to CN

We did this one year, due to a booking mistake- Couples was nice enough to transfer us to the hotel in Mobay where we were staying.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013, 11/2015, 11/2017

see if couples will transfer you if not just hire a driver. Makes sense not to rush on the last day if thats what you want to do!
    Randi & Sherri
    18x CSA repeaters
    1x CN

Thanks for the responses everyone! While I don't think it would have been a problem to catch a ride back to the airport, and then our own transportation to the new property, we decided that it wasn't worth it to add that element of stress. We've decided to add Club Mobay Arrival and Departure service instead. Figured that would guarantee no issues at the airport in either direction. Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by icemiller View Post
    thanks for the responses everyone! While i don't think it would have been a problem to catch a ride back to the airport, and then our own transportation to the new property, we decided that it wasn't worth it to add that element of stress. We've decided to add club mobay arrival and departure service instead. Figured that would guarantee no issues at the airport in either direction. Thanks everyone!
    good call