Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Make the Search Bar Window HUGE and in neon colors with flashing lights around it. Have the following text appear in the center of the screen for all Starter posts: "Have you Searched for answers to your question?" and don't let anyone past it without clicking YES or NO. And if they click NO, start a search immediately. If no results found, then just bring up the last Palapa thread as a default.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We'd like to see the rate calendar come back, a photo contest and a new section for each resort to introduce and highlight staff members each week/month so we can get to know our Couples family better (not just the prominent employees but those that we often meet-up with who work so hard behind the scenes).

An easier way to book private dinners etc other than the email system to print, fill out, scan and send back forms to arrange for these special events prior to our arrival.

Some photos and explanations of the Couples Resort Lounge at MBJ.

A link to a Couples Store where we can purchase calendars, T-Shirts and other items to be sent to us at home or at least what is available to purchase at the resorts.

A video section on the Board where the management or each of the Couples Resorts can post informative or fun messages to their patrons for special events or to just say hi.

Page numbers at the top of the thread as well as the bottom. (currently, some threads have it and some don't).

An online Couples yoga video by Madji so we can do yoga at home with his expert instruction. Makes all problems wash away.

Just a few ideas.

Thanks for continuing to keep the Mb current and interesting.
    Last edited by Ruminiscing; April 1st, 2015 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Make the Search Bar Window HUGE and in neon colors with flashing lights around it. Have the following text appear in the center of the screen for all Starter posts: "Have you Searched for answers to your question?" and don't let anyone past it without clicking YES or NO. And if they click NO, start a search immediately. If no results found, then just bring up the last Palapa thread as a default.
    ROTFLOL!!!

*** My addition to this thread is to verify what to do with the beach towels in the room:
    There seems to be confusion with the little cards about the Couples Policy of bringing them to "check-out" or not???

I am all new to Couples and will be there in December with my wife Nancy for our 40th anniversary. I do participate on all the sites including Facebook so for all the Couples people i have spoken with and the repeaters keep posting this info i am finding it very helpful and fun. Thanks. See ya'll on Facebook

Thanks for asking for our feedback! This message board is one of the things that makes Couples so great.

When planning our trip this year, what made it most difficult was the missing rate calendar. Please bring that back!! We have used that so many times in the past to help with planning our trip, and it was very difficult to have to keep plugging in dates to see if the price changed. With all the complaints on the board lately about rising prices, it is even more important for those guests who are now possibly being priced out of a Couples vacation to be able to easily see if there are dates that will make their vacation possible.

When staying at a Couples resort that we are familiar with we know which buildings are which when looking at the different room categories on line for booking. Someone unfamiliar with the resort would not know this, and it makes it hard for a first time guest to choose the right room category for them. We are staying this year at the last Couples resort we haven't tried, and it is really hard to decide on a room category when you have no idea from the map where those rooms are. Having the building numbers/names for all the buildings on the resort map would be extremely helpful.

Also important for a new guest is a more detailed activity schedule - specifically when are the included activities offered, such as snorkeling, trip to margaritaville, catamaran cruise, glass bottom boat, Dunns River Falls, etc. The new resort we are trying this summer does not show those things on the schedule, and as we are only staying 3 nights there we need to make sure we are maximizing our time. Assuming any of the included offsite excursions are happening during our 3 days, which we wouldn't know, since it isn't posted.

When I am researching which room category to pick for my stay, there is usually only one picture of the room. It would be really nice to include a 360 picture of the bathroom as well, as for some of us that is just as important in deciding as a 360 picture of the room.

It would be really nice to be able to use the website to book a split stay. Our last few trips, including our upcoming one, have been split stays. There isn't an option to book your airfare for a split stay, as it assumes you are coming and going on the plane with just the first stay. Is it possible to pick the dates for your airfare separately from the dates of the stay so you can book two Couples resorts with one roundtrip airfare? We always have to book the airfare separately. Not sure if this is possible, just thought I would throw it out there.

Lastly, I saw someone post about having more info on the website about non-included offsite excursions offered at each resort by the tour desk. We are planning to do one of these for the first time this year, and I too would love to see this included on the website along with estimated prices.

Thanks so much for listening to the guests!! I look forward to seeing the new website!

I agree with all that has been posted.

Now, my suggestion and be ready to have your mind BLOWN.....

LIVE STREAMING 24/7 BEACH CAM ! ! ! ! (at each resort)

(so we can all satisfy our Couples cravings while counting down the days to come home.)
    Chris & Cindy (FL)
    CTI - July 2015
    CTI - July 2016

Good day. I love the idea that you all are seeking our advice towards the new website.
    For me, I would love to see:

Sample menus from buffet-- in conjunction to other restaurants
    A section to not only shout out our favourite employees, but a guest-and-staff, photo section so newcomers can look for faces
    A section for animals/organisms to lookout for on the premises, for nature-lovers such as myself (on land and possibly in the water)
    Couples Wall of Fame-- staff and guests
    Couples Meal of the Month-- special entree from specific restaurant

Much of what I would suggest is already in here, but in the event that sheer numbers makes a difference, count me as a returning guest who really misses the rate calendar. We have traveled a couple of times at the edges of the rate changes, and it was so much easier to see on the calendar.

1) Details on Room categories and building locations would be wonderful especially for new guest looking to book on the website. Full disclosure

2) Rate calendar

Would love the ability to pay towards your balance on the website when using the Deferred Payment and/or "LoveAway" programs you have available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart_CHP View Post
    I agree with all that has been posted.

Now, my suggestion and be ready to have your mind BLOWN.....

LIVE STREAMING 24/7 BEACH CAM ! ! ! ! (at each resort)

(so we can all satisfy our Couples cravings while counting down the days to come home.)
    Here's Ft Lauderdale's live beach cam. Daytona, Panama City, Venice California and many others have them too.

http://www.sunny.org/webcam/
    Chris & Cindy (FL)
    CTI - July 2015
    CTI - July 2016

Here is my suggestion. Place a page bar at the top of each posted subject. If there is more than one page you could go directly to the final page or last post without scrolling through the entire post. E&L

In addition to my first post. Not really a change to the website, but a change to the way this forum is maintained. This is a moderated forum and we wouldn't want it any other way.

On many other moderated forums, when the moderator finds a post on a subject that has already been well covered, the moderator will merge the duplicate threads into a single thread. This way you won't find multiple threads about the construction on CSS, canned beer in the minibars, saving beach chairs, Which resort should I choose, who is going to (put resort name here) in April 2015, etc. I know most forum software has this capability.

My suggestion is for the actual message board as well.
    It would be great if there were a place to check to be notified (if you want to be) if someone replies to a thread that you either started or responded to.

PLEASE....!!!!!

NO, NO, NO on a beach webcam at the resorts!!!!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Yes to all of this!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    You will likely hear this from others, consider the rate calendar again. This was available on the website a couple years ago but is not currently.

Consider a map of each resort with building names, numbers etc. for reference purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    PLEASE....!!!!!

To each their own I guess, but not sure why anyone would be opposed. Not talking about SSB or the like. Lots of YouTube videos out there and postings on Facebook fan page. It's not like you can identify individuals.

Just something with a wide angle showing the wondrous view.
    Chris & Cindy (FL)
    CTI - July 2015
    CTI - July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    PLEASE....!!!!!

I agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jennifervisme View Post
    It would be great if there were a place to check to be notified (if you want to be) if someone replies to a thread that you either started or responded to.
    I agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by akskinsfan View Post
    Would love the ability to pay towards your balance on the website when using the Deferred Payment and/or "LoveAway" programs you have available.
    This!! I would LOVE to do this!! I would be more likely to make extra payments along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifervisme View Post
    You can subscribe to the thread and then you receive e-mail notifications of activity on the thread. I've used this feature in the past. It is under "Thread Tools" at the top if you are using the "vB4 Default Style" when viewing the treads.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

1) Rate grid

2) Resort maps like the one CSA gives you at check-in with the locations of each room category with building and room numbers. We have been to CN 8 times and still aren't clear which room types are in which buildings.

>> As has been mentioned a number of times -- return the Rate Calendar. That was one of the positive features of Couples compared to a number of the other brand options.

>> Couplicous Wednesdays or some similar draw to the website. One of the attractions was to watch for and go to the Couples website at least every Wednesday to check the deal of the week. It kept Couples more top-of-mind. Honestly as much as we love Couples (our 18th visit in May), we find we go to the website much less often and there seems to be a loss of spark. Hopefully there will be something in the redesign that will return that draw on a frequent basis to the website.

>> More awareness for promotions -- Maybe this is tied to the above comment, but for example we almost missed the early 2016 registration window. Because of not being drawn to the website as in the past and all of the announcements and alerts that Randy posted, we were alerted on the last day of the promotion by our travel agent.

Thanks for asking...

One additional thought/suggestion:

Just as there is a resort page/section for that particular resort re "Meet Up at ...", do the same thing for questions, info, etc re that specific resort rather than all going into the "Main Board". In other words have a section for General (similar to the current Main Board but without resort specific questions). Then have a page/section for each resort for those questions, comments, etc. that are specific for that resort and also keep the "Meet Up" page for that resort.

Quote Originally Posted by winlove View Post
    One additional thought/suggestion:

Just as there is a resort page/section for that particular resort re "Meet Up at ...", do the same thing for questions, info, etc re that specific resort rather than all going into the "Main Board". In other words have a section for General (similar to the current Main Board but without resort specific questions). Then have a page/section for each resort for those questions, comments, etc. that are specific for that resort and also keep the "Meet Up" page for that resort.
    I think this is a great idea but want to spin it a slightly different way. I suggest that a wiki be created to enhance the site. You have an extremely loyal and energetic base who love nothing more than to evangelize about your brand. They need a platform / content management system to consolidate the great and vast treasure trove of information that is out here. This includes...

The Club MoBay discussion
    "Things to bring" lists
    Deeper info on restaurants, spas, and other activities
    Wedding info / guidance
    and that's just the tip of the iceberg

Naturally, management would want a moderation system in place. That's fine. There's plenty of wiki packages that have those features. However, I would encourage ruling with a light touch. This resort has so many passionate fans that would patrol and watch the site for only the love of standing up for a place they believe in. Just take a look at Wikipedia and what self management (for most operations) has done for it.

By creating this wiki, you will create the deepest, richest content of any resort brand out there...all driven by your best customers.

Also, by ompiling this information into a wiki site, it opens the door to fresh and new discussions on the message board rather than cluttering it with "bumps" for the most popular threads.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast