Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I very much agree with the suggestion to be able to make payments online. I know we would make additional payments if we had this option; which in turn would mean paying off one trip & booking the following year much faster. Great suggestion!

Ok people. Been reading this thread for a while now. It's time I thought I should share. After travelling the Caribbean for many years and visiting many different resorts and AI's my wife and I walked into CSA and said we're done. Done looking for something that could not be surpassed. We've found peace and tranquillity. The beauty, the people, the service, the food, the hospitality, the welcoming.the friendship. It's what makes us return "home" year after year, sometimes more than once a year. If you need something ask for it. If you are lost, ask someone -Not just the guests but the staff. The staff are some of "Couples" best assets. They love their country. They love that we share their passion for it. The sand is as soft as icing sugar. The water is as warm as you could possibly imagine. The sun is is glorious and the sunsets are beyond comparison. You have the option to do as much or as little as you wish. You're on Jamaican time!! Relax, Chill, and enjoy. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the most drop dead best beach that you will every experience. Truly incredible!! The scuba, the fitness centre the entertainment, the staff, the weather, the Jamaican culture is what will grab your soul and keep you returning. Come, enjoy, relax, and you'll understand why "Couples" has so many returning guests! Enjoy!!

Here's an idea for the "new" message board:

I'd like to see an official response post from the resort management whenever a topic gets to the point where guests (past, future and potential) are agitated. There are certain hot topics that have been allowed to boil over, when an official response would have helped to resolve the matter quickly. Drones flying overhead, holding Papalpas, and the hoarding of beach chairs all come to mind.

While there may only be a few dozen replies to a "hot" topic, sometimes I notice that there have been several hundred views. The resort's involvement could help things cool down quickly.

Thank you Kurt and Angie! I never knew that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    You can subscribe to the thread and then you receive e-mail notifications of activity on the thread. I've used this feature in the past. It is under "Thread Tools" at the top if you are using the "vB4 Default Style" when viewing the treads.

Some great suggestions here! How about a personal countdown clock when you log in? We could enter the date of our upcoming arrival in our profile or somewhere and each time we logged in the countdown timer would display a random resort photo and the time remaining until our return OR have a widget/ icon at the top of the screen.

I have asked this several times, so as long as you're going to update the website, fix the link on this forum in the upper left. The Couples logo, when using the vB4 default style (which is the easiest to read), does NOT go to Couples.com. Rather, it just goes back to the forum. If I want to check prices or show someone information about Couples, I have to type Couples.com in the search bar of my browser instead of just clicking on a link. It works correctly in the other 2 formats.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

List of amenities available for purchase in the gift stores so people know what they can leave home. Are water socks sold, is there sunscreen, tylenol, antacid, etc.
    Sample activities calendar, particularly which nights are specials - would help choosing which days to book if less than a week. Again its on the site, but you have to search for it.

When/Who to tip with a full explanation as to why - again, a lot of questions on this and its on the site.

I would love to be able to make payments online whenever I want instead of having to wait for it to come out monthly or having to email and fill out the change form every time I want to make extra payment. My trip would get paid off much quicker If I could throw a extra $100 or whatever whenever I wanted.

CSA 2007,2008,2011,2013 & Soon Come 2015

Looks like I'm late to the party (story of my life!), but since this hasn't been closed...
    I'll second what's been said over and over.
    1. Interactive map with building numbers and room numbers. EVERYONE wants to know the "good" rooms. When the repeaters give a number, the newbies are scrambling to find a five year old map with that info.
    2. Tipping policy - just spell it out. I wish I could find it, but someone posted a *great* list a while back that was all-inclusive. You can't simply say "don't tip Couple employees." Sure, state this, and give examples, like room keeping, bar staff, restaurant staff, etc, but then give a definitive list of who would typically be tipped, both on site and off. If it's an included excursion on the Couple website, then it should be listed. The usual questions are for Club MoBay, airport porters, Couples provided transportation to/from airport, and excursions.
    3. Real activity schedules. They don't have to be up to date, but give an idea of that they were on a given week. You can state it was the week of May 14th, and is subject to change - we all know this.

Thank you!!

A link to the off site tour company that Couples uses where guests can see tours that are offered, prices, and the ability to schedule those tours ahead of arrival. Many guests would like to do this before arriving to help plan their stay.
    Also, Couples could offer a list of accepted and approved drivers who could be used to set up personal daily tours customized to the customers preference.

I don't know if it is too late for this, but would it be possible to use some models who are a bit older (50+). The pictures don't paint an accurate picture of the wide range of guests. It looks like it is all skinny young 20 somethings who go to the resorts and we all know this to not be true. Could you possibly have some pictures of the older guests and perhaps some that are not so 'picture perfect size'?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    I don't know if it is too late for this, but would it be possible to use some models who are a bit older (50+). The pictures don't paint an accurate picture of the wide range of guests. It looks like it is all skinny young 20 somethings who go to the resorts and we all know this to not be true. Could you possibly have some pictures of the older guests and perhaps some that are not so 'picture perfect size'?
    Perfect request.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Thank you for pointing these things all out. I was trying to book our tenth trip to Couples last night and it is such a hassle without the rate calendar, that I just gave up and went to bed and when I tried again tonite.........the rates jumped $18/night!!!! Now I am second thinking my choices. In the past, we have always booked with the early booking special but this year, we just didn't know whether we could plan on it for reasons I don't need to explain here but this was a totally out of the blue hike! I was even on the message book, checking on things to see if anything exciting was happening or changing.

Yes, customer service is not what it used to be......

Blog Entries

Please note below response per our Brand Marketing Manager:

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out! We too agree that the models do not properly depict our demographic. Therefore, we have just finished a 16 day photo shoot at all 4 properties featuring 16 models. We have focused on showing various ages, not just 20 somethings and have also featured multiple ethnicities. We wish to show a more accurate type of clientele and are thrilled to share with you all. Our new imagery will be up in the next two months or so. Stay posted!
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

I think it would be nice to receive a notice when a thread that you start gets commented on. Would be nice to know when someone responds to your question. Might get a bit obnoxious for some threads that get dozens of responses. Maybe a way to opt-in/opt-out of comment notifications??

Quote Originally Posted by DavenRach View Post
    I think it would be nice to receive a notice when a thread that you start gets commented on. Would be nice to know when someone responds to your question. Might get a bit obnoxious for some threads that get dozens of responses. Maybe a way to opt-in/opt-out of comment notifications??
    You can do that now DavenRach. In the top right corner where it says thread tools. It will allow you to pick when and how you want notifications.

jennifervisme...thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavenRach View Post
    jennifervisme...thank you!!

Is it me or is the Map 360 labeled incorrectly in a few spots? The Gym vs Lychee and the Garden Suites are on the other side....?
    KJ

What to bring.
    What not to bring.
    What amenities are provided in the rooms.
    Schedule of events.
    Sample menus.
    Good map.
    No tipping policy.
    Dress code.

1) Finding the Message Board is a little more difficult. It was great when it was right there on the Couples.com main page.
    2) We liked the "New Messges" link in the old "vB4 Default Style" which showed messages that were new since our last visit to the Message Board. Made it real easy to keep up with things!

List of beers available and at what bars. TI used to have a nice variety at the piano bar, but now I'm reading the MB that its back to RS and Heineken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    1) Finding the Message Board is a little more difficult. It was great when it was right there on the Couples.com main page.
    2) We liked the "New Messges" link in the old "vB4 Default Style" which showed messages that were new since our last visit to the Message Board. Made it real easy to keep up with things!
    Amen! PLEASE put these features back. I have been a daily message board user since before our first trip in 2009. Now, rarely.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015

CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    Strongly agree with number 2 above. Please try to bring back the vB4 Default Style, or one similar.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast