Default Last minute question...CSS

We leave for CSS in a couple days...and due to the fact that Air Canada has decided that luggage should be a big part of their 2015 profit, we are taking very little with us. I would rather pay some Jamaican business twice the price than pay Air Canada a penny more.

Questions

- is there a general pharmacy type store near CSS to pick up a few items if we come up short. Walking distance?
    - buying aqua socks here isn't going to happen for a month or so (it's -24C there this morning)...any place handy to CSS I can get a pair?

Dan

The gift shop does carry some general pharmacy supplies such as pain meds, and the do carry water shoes. Mind you the cost of such items there is not what we pay here in Canada, and economically speaking, you may be better off paying the 25 bucks for checked luggage. For example, sunscreen is 20-25 bucks in the gift shop, and not much cheaper at the local pharmacy. Other than the gift shop, there is nothing within walking distance from the resort to buy supplies. Hope this helps...

Dan,

Try Walmart in NB or on line. I checked on line and they can deliver them by March 26th. They may have them in stock at the Walmart store if March 26th is too late for an online delivery. They are $8.00. If you are wanting a better pair, try your local scuba shop, if they haven't flown south for the winter. They are better quality but quite a bit more expensive too.

Good Luck and enjoy the sunny south!

I think you can get all those things at the gift shop. It's across the street from the jewelry/cigar shop that is near the entrance to CSS.

Hi Nautical4life, The gift shop at CSS carries a lot of sundry items, at a premium, so you check there first. They also sell water shoes for a reasonable price too! Have a great trip! Safe Travels!!! :-)

There is a free shopping trip in to Ocho Rios you can take from the resort if you happen to run out of something. Also, the gift shop at the resort carries a few items you might need.

Walmart here in Kingston has all kinds of water shoes in stock at the moment, you could try there.

I see that we will be there the same time as you! We are going March 30 to April 6th! We always fly West Jet - they don't charge for checked bags to Jamaica.
    (Karen&Paul)

Couples carries alot of general pharmacy type stuff. An old pair of sneakers would work at Dunns river falls too if you can't find something else. You can rent them too but that would gross me out

Pretty sure the gift shop had Aqua socks and they added another shop down by water sports that had more beach stuff in October 2014 when we were there last. As far as a pharmacy within walking distance I don't think so but the gift shop had the typical stuff like muscle creams, toothpaste, aspirin etc... There's a shopping trip into Ocho Rios where you might be able to find anything else you need but it's the normal tourist trap. We did the dunns river trip a few trips ago and I know for a fact you can buy Aqua shoes there, the driver stopped at a roadside stand where a few people rented them for around 7 dollars but you can purchase them (and water proof cameras)on the way into dunnns for about 10 dollars. Hope this helps and you have a great trip. CSS and the staff are the best!! Say hi to Q at the main beach bar and tanisha at ssb if you venture to the cool side...for me and tell them we are on the way back home. 4-18 / 4-25

Besides the CSS gift shop I don't know of anywhere close. I think they may have some aqua socks. I know Wal-Mart in the Chicago area has aqua socks already. You could always take a cab into town if need be.
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

Check out Canadian tire, usually good selection of cheap water shoes, even at this time of year

Default Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical4life View Post
    We leave for CSS in a couple days...and due to the fact that Air Canada has decided that luggage should be a big part of their 2015 profit, we are taking very little with us. I would rather pay some Jamaican business twice the price than pay Air Canada a penny more.

Questions

- is there a general pharmacy type store near CSS to pick up a few items if we come up short. Walking distance?
    - buying aqua socks here isn't going to happen for a month or so (it's -24C there this morning)...any place handy to CSS I can get a pair?

Dan
    Only the airport and a small store on site

Dan, not sure about the pharmacy store, but it is my understanding that you may not find what you are looking for (or brands you are used to), and what you do find will be sort of pricey.

As for water shoes, you can pick those up right at the resort gift shop...fairly reasonably priced.

I don't know about a local pharmacy, but CSS does stock certain medications at their gift shop, as well as swimming/snorkeling accessories