Default Private Sunset Cruise at CSS?

Hi Carrie,

We are thinking about taking a private sunset cruise on our next trip to CSS in April 2016... only 401 more days! I read about a private sunset cruise last year on the MB, but haven't seen any recent information, and cannot find any information on the Couples website about this. I have some questions:

1) Is the private sunset cruise still available at CSS?
    2) Is there room for 4 guests? We want to include another couple we're traveling with.
    3) What is the cost, and will I be able to use resort dollars for this?
    4) Should I schedule this in advance of our arrival?

Thank you in advance for taking time to answer my questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Miranda
    CN 2009, 2014
    CSS 2013, 2016

Blog Entries

Hi Miranda,

What a fun idea!

The private sunset cruise can be found in our Romance Concierge site: http://couples.com/wedding/romance-concierge.php

Scroll down to the "Romantic Touches" option, and select CSS and the date you arrive, and you will be able to see the Sunset Cruise option and add it to your cart. Yes, it is available at CSS, and you may have four of you join in on the fun. The cost is $250 per couple and you will be able to use resort credit

Enjoy your trip and countdown and please let me know if you have any other questions!
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Thank you, Carrie! Now that you've pointed me in the right direction, I have a few follow-up questions.

1) On the form there is no place to enter a date for the Sunset Cruise, it just requests our arrival date. I like the thought that we'll set the date upon arrival at the resort so we will have a better idea of the weather. Is this the case?

2) Also on the form, there is a place to enter your credit card information. Is this required if we'll be paying with resort credits?

3) Lastly, since it's $250 per couple, is it correct that I will need to book two Sunset Cruises?

Thanks again for your help!

Blog Entries

Happy to help!

If you are going to use resort credits to book, then I recommend waiting to book once you arrive. Getting a day and time will not be a problem. That way, you also do not need to put a credit card down to hold the reservation.

And as far as booking for all four of you, that is correct that you will need to book two cruises, to be coordinated together, which you can also do once on-site. I just double-checked and for four people, the cost is $450 (so you can save that $50 for souvenirs!)

Enjoy!!
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Thank you so much! Sounds like great advice.

I would like to suggest that management rethink the per couple charge in favor of a flat fee per hour. At one time we paid a flat fee for two couples, and last year it was charged per couple. The only incremental cost us food. This approach could inadvertently cause me to book 2 nights, one couple each night. Twice the expense for couples, same price for me under your current methodology.