Default In-room tea kettles available? (CSA)

Hello again,

I know there are coffee machines in the rooms, and that's great for my +1, but I am a tea girl. (Something about living in the UK perhaps?) Water that comes through coffee makers TASTES like coffee even when the filter basket is empty. So tea made that way is really undrinkable. Are there plug-in kettles available upon request perhaps? I'd prefer not to bring a travel kettle, and due to early tennis room service isn't always practical just for tea. Staying at CSA.

Many thanks (again!)
    --Melinda

Melinda - I too am a tea girl, especially for that first cup in the morning! We ordered just early morning tea from the room service menu each morning. I never thought of asking if they had a kettle I could borrow. That would have been a much better solution because the water each morning was hot not boiling - not the way I like my tea. If you've seen Maggie Smith in the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel you'll get the idea! If you ask for, and get a kettle, can you post when you get back because I am seriously thinking of taking a travel one next time. Thank you and have a wonderful time!

Blog Entries

Hi all - I have contacted the resort and will share their response as soon as it comes through

Love my tea as well!
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Romance Officer View Post
    Hi all - I have contacted the resort and will share their response as soon as it comes through

Love my tea as well!
    Any word yet? I'm arriving at CSA April 22nd.

So glad there are others who think the same way about tea being brewed through a coffee pot...non-tea drinkers just don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    ...I am seriously thinking of taking a travel one next time. Thank you and have a wonderful time!
    What @Dawn said. Looking online there are a couple of nice compact electric travel tea kettles for not a lot of money (<$35 US) that would take less space than my insulated travel Mason jar/mug. Do a search for "electric travel tea kettle" for choices.

Blog Entries

Just heard back from the property team and they are available upon request (yea!)
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Just heard back from the property team and they are available upon request (yea!)
    Thank you, Carrie, that's great to hear. Now I have room to pack one more pair of shoes!

Blog Entries

Amen, Dawn!

Gotta be able to fit those "goods"! Enjoy!
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Woo hoo! Thank you Carrie

Carrie, I too am a tea drinker and I agree water through the coffee maker is not drinkable...I believe your answer was for CSA, how about CN?
    Thanks so much!!!

Blog Entries

Hi Carlos and Karen,

Yes, same goes for CN. If you could please make a note in your pre-check in, that would be helpful, as there are limited amount of kettles to go around.

Happy Friday, all!
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Been going for years and my wife is a tea drinker never thought of asking for a kettle - always something new to learn!

Kevin & Sylvie
    COR 2003, 2005, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSA 2005, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSS 2007
    CN 2003

Blog Entries

Happy to hear, kevin&sylvie - hope to see you soon!
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts