Default Negril and Swept Away Questions

Not sure which one to book. Which has the better nightlife? Which has the better, clearer longer strip of beach? Which is less secluded? Any help would be great?

Hi CdnTraveler,

CSA has more of a nightlife with both the "Showtime" events, done at the Palms, and the nightclub with disco...at the Great House. CSA has a longer beachline and more room to walk (off the resort). CN's beach is deeper with calmer water. CSA is less secluded than CN...which has only one resort to its south and is in a cove so most beach foot traffic comes from the north. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Can you go a far distance out at both beaches without seaweed? I know that sounds picky but my last three trips to Jamaica were to Ocho Rios (one to CTI) and the beaches and water were awful so I'm looking for the one I can walk the furthest out to. CTI you can only go out upto your knees basically. I know the beaches in Negril are far superior. In your opinion is CSA a better choice?

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Can you go a far distance out at both beaches without seaweed? I know that sounds picky but my last three trips to Jamaica were to Ocho Rios (one to CTI) and the beaches and water were awful so I'm looking for the one I can walk the furthest out to. CTI you can only go out upto your knees basically. I know the beaches in Negril are far superior. In your opinion is CSA a better choice? Another thing I noticed is CN is ranked 11 on tripadvisor and CSA is ranked 17 which makes me think Negril is the better choice?

CN and CSA are laid out totally different so that may account for the TA difference. CN is more compact and CSA is more spread out. If your main requirement is the beach, I don't think you can go wrong with either resort. You can walk out in the swimming area but it never gets more than a little over 5 feet deep at CN. Not sure at CSA. The beaches are pretty clear and seaweed is rare.

If your main requirement is night life, CSA may be a better choice. CN has showtime (over by 10:00pm) and then the Piano Bar whereas CSA has showtime and then the nightclub.

Good luck.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

We agree with Kurt and Angie in that CSA has the better nightlife. Walking out into the ocean is similar at both CN & CSA with the water being clearer at CN (can count your toes at the rope surrounding the swimming area) so no need to worry about seaweed. Because of being in a cove (protected) sea shells don't make it to the shores of CN but can be found along CSA and neighboring beaches.

Not sure what affected CSA and CN being ranked as they were in TA. As was mentioned...they are laid out differently.

CSA has restaurants, pools and such being located at either end of the resort, a longer (but less deep) beach, buildings with suites located towards the middle of the resort and a fabulous fitness/spa area located across the street. CN has the restaurants, main pool and such centrally located, a shorter (but more deep) beach, buildings with rooms/suites located peripherally and an okay fitness facility with nice spa area.

We could give you our opinion as to which is the "better choice" but it would only be the one that we find most appealing. You'll have to figure that one out for yourselves since each resort has it's own magic. You may want to check out pictures we've taken of both to help in your decision here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimson/sets. Hope this helps and that you enjoy the time at the Couples Resort of your choice.

Thanks so much for both of your replies. Normally I have a gut feeling about a resort but for some reason I can't make a decision on this one! Thanks Bart and Bug for the flickr picks. You are serious Couples Travelers!

You're welcome CdnTraveler! Hope the pictures will help with your decision. If there's any specific things you need to know to help in making your choice...please ask away. We really love the Couples resorts but have one favorite on each coast. So, we alternate, do the "trading places" to check out the other resort and occasionally do a split-stay to enjoy two resorts in one visit.

The beach (both textile and AN - go to the AN beach - you won't regret it - it's a joy to just be natural as nature intended, and you'll meet a lot of great new friends
    ) at CN is the best I've ever been on. And the grounds are immaculate. you can walk in bare feet without a worry of stepping on any stones, pebbles, or anything else.

Thanks Bart and Bug - out of curiosity which is your fav on each coast
    Badger Couple - completely agree. We liked the island at CTI but after reading the comments about gawkers at CN and it not being a secluded part of the beach it's turned me off a bit. Unfortunately I am one of those people who do care even though I know I'll never see these people again but I don't even have a Facebook account because I'm so private so the thought of being out there where people can take pictures from their balcony just doesn't sit we'll with me.

Hi CdnTraveler. CN & CSS. While the beach at CN may not be secluded...it is surrounded by hedges on 3 sides and is only open towards the ocean. I suppose people could see the AN beach from building 9 or 6 and even take pictures, but would certainly hope not. Haven't seen many gawkers but think the ones we have seen were those walking the beach from other resorts. Not something we worry about as we figure most won't gawk and those that do will just have to deal with that image in their minds afterwards.

Thanks for the flickr pics Bart and Bug. Is that an upper floor garden view room or is it an ocean view? Looking forward to our arrival in 162 days.

If you are looking for night life... Couples Swept away is the choice. Much more action and people... beach is beautiful, however, if you are looking for something a bit more intimate and smaller, Couples Negril (we are going back for the 2nd time.. have been to CTI, CSA and CN... i think that Couples Negril is my fave .. quiet and relaxing.. 8 weeks and counting... can't wait

Sorry for butting into this thread. We are staying at CN next month. Chose it for the intimacy but were wondering about night club and disco at CSA. Is there a means to pay it a visit one night? Would it be worth it ( good music and dance ambiance) if we need a night of club type atmosphere? Or can we just get the same sort of feel at CN on beach party and disco nights?
    Thanks

QCCOUPLE - They have a Trading Places program for repeat visitors. With this program you can go to another resort in the same city for one day. But this is only for the day. You leave at about 10 AM and return by about 4 PM so this wouldn't work for the night life. Otherwise they don't allow you to hop back and forth between resorts.

You could always consider what they call a spit stay. Spend half of your trip at one Couples resort then move to another Couples for the second half of your stay. People do this all the time. Personally, if I were to try a spit stay I would stay in the same city. It is a relatively long ride between Negril and Ocho Rios. I would not want to spend that much of my vacation riding a bus.

It is very possible a good travel agent could set this up for you. Or you could also use the Couples toll free number 1-877-793-1913 to book a split stay directly through Couples.

Whichever resort you choose, enjoy your stay in paradise

Only 126 more days until we return to CSA
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?