Default CN or CSW in October? Why is one your favorite?

Hi new friends!

My wife and I are incredibly excited about our first ever trip to Jamaica (and Couples)! We are taking our first non-kid trip in 14 years and are looking forward to being on "our" timeline for a week.

We have read a lot of the reviews here and at Trip Advisor and we simply can't decide which resort is the most perfect! So rather than ask 1 vs 1, we thought we would ask what you all LOVE about your favorite and why. We are sure there isn't a "wrong" Couples, just looking for the hidden gem reasons why you all love one or the other.

Thanks and we will see some of you at one of the resorts in Mid-October!

My wife requested sunsets on a beach. We chose CSA originally because Negril is on the West side of the island. We have now visited three of the four Couples resorts and, in our opinion, CSA has the best sunsets. We also enjoy strolling the grounds at night together and the rooms are a bit more isolated on the older side of the resort. We were at CN last week for our first time and it has a more personal feeling due to its size and great staff. So, Its a hard pick and for us to decide which is more romantic. We have sat on a beach, sipping champagne, and watching the sunset at least 60 times now. Doesn't get any better than that.

Life is good on the beach

If it were any other year, I would recommend either of these resorts. However, there are reasons this year that would sway me more towards CTI or CSA this year.

CSS is having some major renovations this summer. The resort would be open in october. However, the Palazzina restaurant would be closed during the time you plan to be there.

CN. There is a large resort adjacent to CN that will be demolished and rebuilt starting this summer. Some of the buildings on this adjacent resort are only about 50 feet from buildings on CN. You are going to hear construction noise. Since the construction company doing this construction is not working for Couples, why should they care if they bother the people staying at CN?

This leaves CTI or CSA.

If it were any other year, I would just say pick the one that calls to you the most. All are equally nice but a little different and I would not recommend one over the other. As I said, each resort is the same but different. You will find the same quality facilities, staff, food, and entertainment at any Couples resort. But also each resort is also unique. They don't have the same cookie cutter sameness like some of the larger resort chains.

My advice. Look at all the resorts on the main Couples page. Then also look at Youtube. There are lots of official and unofficial youtube posts showing the Couples Resorts. One of these resorts will call to you more than the others. Pick that resort.

Many people who go to a Couples resort will find themselves returning over and over again. Maybe try a different Couples on your return trip.

Enjoy your stay in paradise.

Only 336 more days until we return to Couples. Haven't decided which Couple yet.
    Last edited by Mad Jack; March 15th, 2015 at 11:45 AM.

You're absolutely correct in that "there isn't a "wrong" Couples"...just as there isn't a "right" Couples resort. Some will favor one over another but you won't find many that would turn down a stay at any of them. So, here's our reasons for why we love each of the two resorts you're asking about:
    - CN: Fantastic sunsets, awesome beach(es), great volleyball games, super restaurants (Otaheite), wonderful staff, and candlelight dinner/massages in the treehouse.
    - CSA: Awesome sunsets, long beach, great restaurants (Feathers), great staff, fitness area, nightclub and sing along with Ultimate Chocolate.
    Now comes the challenge...picking the one that's right for you, or doing a split stay and visiting both!! Then be ready to post those "hidden gems" that make it special to you.

Did you mean Couples Swept Away?? CSA?? We have stayed at both CN and CTI, not CSA. We much prefer CN. It is on the Bloody Bay, the water is calm and blue. We did trade a day for CSA just to see and walk 7 mile beach just to say we did it but we were happy to go back to the quiet of CN. We are staying at CN again this year, 30 days (whoot, whoot). So excited.
    Although we liked the waves at CTI they did get old. When we were at CTI there were many days that alot of the water sports were cancelled due to wind. Not once at CN did the water sports get cancelled.
    What ever you choose you will LOVE it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akinbak View Post
    . . . We did trade a day for CSA just to see and walk 7 mile beach just to say we did it but we were happy to go back to the quiet of CN . . . .
    You don't have to leave CN to see Seven Mile Beach because the resort is right on the beach. Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length, and Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length. CSA is on Long Bay; CN is on Bloody Bay. Both resorts are on Seven Mile Beach, just different bays.

Thanks, everyone! Keep the info coming. I did mean Swept Away and CN. The construction worries us a little, but the sunsets sound amazing. Hmmm, might have to do a trade for a day. Can't wait to make the decision. ������������

Csa has easy access to Long Bay for long walks, cn does not. Csa has more restaurant choices, bigger,better beach. If you'd like a few pics of csa to help you decide email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com

For us it's Couples Negril over Couples Swept Away. We like the resort layout at CN. Wherever you are, you are not far from where you want to be. We also like the larger pool at CN. And personally, we find the beach at CN better. Better shade and it is just so darn pretty.

Again, thanks everyone! So exciting to be planning this trip. As soon as taxes are done, we are booking! We are thinking CN, as the AN beach can remind us of our honeymoon in Ibiza. Cannot wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AandBfromMinnesota View Post
    Again, thanks everyone! So exciting to be planning this trip. As soon as taxes are done, we are booking! We are thinking CN, as the AN beach can remind us of our honeymoon in Ibiza. Cannot wait!!!!
    If the A/N beach is your thing, I would suggest canvassing the opinions of those who are familiar with the Couples A/N beaches. I gather that the A/N beach at CN is not as private as those at CTI and CSS, so you might want to take that into consideration.

The A/N areas at CTI and CSS are very private. I have read elsewhere that many people tend to be wary about going to CN's 'au naturel' beach since it is not as private as they would wish.

We were at CTI in mid-October last year with good weather and good sea conditions and no water sports were cancelled for the 10 days we were there.

Thanks Clydealp -

We are pretty sure we want to be on the Negril side of the island, as the beaches are our primary focus. I think the construction next door is the biggest concern for us now. We have friends leaving for Riu Negril on Wednesday so they will give us some "toes in the sand" reports back next week. We will share what they tell us.

Any more Info on the construction next to CN?

Thanks, everyone! Keep the info coming. I did mean Swept Away and CN. The construction worries us a little, but the sunsets sound amazing. Hmmm, might have to do a trade for a day. Can't wait to make the decision. ������������
    As a Minnesota gal, I highly recommend csa. Take it from me, I know best, 6th trip booked!

Thanks everyone, we have decided on CN. Now we just need to hear what the construction next door will be like. Hopefully, it just give us more open beaches.

We love CN, have been 7 times. 1 CSS and will be doing CSA in June. But we love CN so much that I want to do the trading places one day just to visit some friends and hang out. But then again, that sand gravity can be overwhelming...

Don't worry with the "not so private" AN side. Nobody bothers you. Yes people walk by but rarely even look over. Unless you get a pervert that can't control himself. There are those types even on textile beach!

No disrespect intended here - just something that tickles my funny bone: people planning on visiting a nude beach but worried about how "private" the beach is?! Just strikes me as funny!

Thanks everyone, we have decided on CN. Now we just need to hear what the construction next door will be like. Hopefully, it just give us more open beaches.
    You have made the correct decision!
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019