Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

thanks novastar, Scotchies is definitely a must do trip. Has anyone here taken the shuttle from ocho rios to Negril (couples resort-couples resort)? Just wondering how long of a ride it is?

beach bar bum,

yes, we have done css to csa. just a hair under 2.5 hours. was a lovely drive too with a great driver.

we will be doing it again on 20-aug
    Jon & Tammy

CSA - Aug 2009, Aug 2010 (wedding & honeymoon), Aug 2012, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, Aug 2015 (5th anniversary)
    CSS - Aug 2014, Aug 2015

We just found out today that the A and B Beachfront suites, which we booked, will in fact be closed during our stay and that we are rebooked in a "one bedroom suite". I am trying to confirm if this is an upgrade or downgrade from our present booking, but I have not heard back yet.

CSS is lovely. We will be happy as long as we have a nice view of the ocean and balcony. We have stayed at couples 8-9x.

We arrive the morning the resort reopens on August 15th, so fingers crossed. Will take pictures and give a full accounting of what is going on.
    Jon & Tammy

CSA - Aug 2009, Aug 2010 (wedding & honeymoon), Aug 2012, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, Aug 2015 (5th anniversary)
    CSS - Aug 2014, Aug 2015

Best of luck one love csa. Excited to hear about the trip.

When we booked our trip last year One Bedroom Ocean Front rooms and Beachfront suites were prices within a $10 of each other. The difference is location - some people prefer beach level some like it on the cliffs. Personally we prefer the cliffs - can't beat the views and the crashing waves. I suspect with the renovations the beachfront rooms will increase in price going forward.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by oneloveCSA View Post
    We just found out today that the A and B Beachfront suites, which we booked, will in fact be closed during our stay and that we are rebooked in a "one bedroom suite". I am trying to confirm if this is an upgrade or downgrade from our present booking, but I have not heard back yet.

CSS is lovely. We will be happy as long as we have a nice view of the ocean and balcony. We have stayed at couples 8-9x.

We arrive the morning the resort reopens on August 15th, so fingers crossed. Will take pictures and give a full accounting of what is going on.
    Checking the rates, OB Oceanview $420 a night. Beachfront Suite $437 a night.
    THis is for 2nd week in December

Quote Originally Posted by oneloveCSA View Post

We are switching over from CSA that day as well. Race you to see who is first!!! Lol

Hey everyone...any update on how construction at CSS is going/has gone? Maybe it's somewhere here on the site and I missed it (if so I apologize). We are just hoping the great staff that we've come to know and appreciate have "weathered the storm" and that renovation plans are proceeding as planned. We plan to be back for our 3rd time in May of next year and are anxious to see and enjoy the improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bar Bum View Post
    thanks novastar, Scotchies is definitely a must do trip. Has anyone here taken the shuttle from ocho rios to Negril (couples resort-couples resort)? Just wondering how long of a ride it is?
    We did a shuttle transfer from CTI to CN this past June and it was just around 3 hours. It was a great trip, our driver was fantastic and was a wealth of knowledge should you need a JA history lesson!
    Lynn & Craig, Delaware
    CN 2000,2010,2015
    CTI 2009,2011,2015
    CSA 2012 & 2013

The latest info I have is that the renovations are on schedule. All is good in paradise !!!

We are doing a split stay between CN and of home CSS in Dec2015. Some say if you go early in the morning for the transfer it may only be 2.5 hrs.We like the drive to the resort because you really get to see alot of the countryside. We can't wait to see the new rooms and the new Palizina. We head to CN on 12/11 for 5 days and then back to CSS. Lookig forward to the beach at Negril. 128 days to go.

What's the status on this?? can we get some pics of the new Pallazina ??

I don't think Pallazina re-opens until November 1st. But don't quote me on that.

Hello Dean, just wanted to confirm that ALL one bedroom beachfront suites will be renovated? We are planning a 2 week trip to CSS (dec 25-jan8) and wanted to guaranty a new renovated room. Also, I understand no renovations will be done during said period (dec 25-jan8th)?

Thx again and FYI, this will be our 22nd trip to couples resorts but our first at CSS!!

Pallazina is currently only beginning it's remodeling and is totally gutted. Couples wants to do an unveiling once it is completed and ready for guests to use. I have tried to get some idea on what they plan on doing to it, but they are keeping a very tight lid on that one. We will have to wait and see.
    On another note, Tiffany, the Brand manager did post an update in the Facebook group of what has happened so far. This is her post.

"Good morning everyone!
    I wanted to tell everyone some exciting new updates for Couples Sans Souci! CSS reopened Saturday with some exciting changes and improvements. Although the primary refurbishment exercise is not yet completed, there are already a number of new additions with include:
    · The lobby pond has a fresh new look, as does the walkway to the lobby
    · The Casanova terrace now has beautiful new furniture
    · A brand new wifi system has been installed
    · The 78 rooms on the upper section of the resort have been refreshed, refinished and repainted.
    · We have a new lock system with more robust keys that won’t get demagnetized in the ocean.
    · Our driveway on the upper section of the resort has been repaved
    · The pool deck at Sunset Beach has been expanded and retiled
    · We’ve added more tables and umbrellas at the Sunset Beach Grill
    We are very excited at the progress that we are making on the main project and look forward to opening all our Beachfront Suites and Palazzina restaurant later this year - and from what I hear, we are still on schedule. Looking forward to welcome you home to a fantastic, refreshed resort!"

Hope this is some what sort of done by the time we come down there early October. I really wanted the full experience of San Souci!

I've just returned from CSS. The reconstruction seems well under way. Although the area is fenced off, we found the noise too obtrusive to sit for long on the main beach. I think they must have been lifting tiles with an air chisel or something similar, making it uncomfortable to sit and listen too. That said, it did not impinge upon our enjoyment of our first visit to a Couples resort. It is remarkable what you can put up with when everything else is so good. The management and staff need to be congratulated for keeping the place so upbeat during such a major reconstruction. I would have no hesitation returning tomorrow, even whilst the remodelling is on going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufty View Post
    I've just returned from CSS. The reconstruction seems well under way. Although the area is fenced off, we found the noise too obtrusive to sit for long on the main beach. I think they must have been lifting tiles with an air chisel or something similar, making it uncomfortable to sit and listen too. That said, it did not impinge upon our enjoyment of our first visit to a Couples resort. It is remarkable what you can put up with when everything else is so good. The management and staff need to be congratulated for keeping the place so upbeat during such a major reconstruction. I would have no hesitation returning tomorrow, even whilst the remodelling is on going.
    Glad to hear Mufty! So if they are down to 2 restaurants, do they keep them open for a good amount of time? Did you find the selection of foods to be limited? I'm really curious to how they are going to run with only having 2 restaurants. I really like eating different types of food, especially, when we are on vacation. I really liked Couples Negril because they had 4 restaurants and they all had different types of food...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4574 View Post
    Glad to hear Mufty! So if they are down to 2 restaurants, do they keep them open for a good amount of time? Did you find the selection of foods to be limited? I'm really curious to how they are going to run with only having 2 restaurants. I really like eating different types of food, especially, when we are on vacation. I really liked Couples Negril because they had 4 restaurants and they all had different types of food...
    remember, there are 150 LESS people there also, A & B contain 72 rooms. 'down to 2 restaurants' is no big deal, when you have half of the clientele

For dinner, even though there are far less guests, they still have 3 restaurants to choose from. The Casanova has it's usual menu inside while the outside patio offers the usual Pallazzina menu. Along with Bella Vista operating as normal, the food choices have not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    For dinner, even though there are far less guests, they still have 3 restaurants to choose from. The Casanova has it's usual menu inside while the outside patio offers the usual Pallazzina menu. Along with Bella Vista operating as normal, the food choices have not changed.
    I plan to arrive October 18th for a week, what type of construction can I expect?

All the current construction is on the main beach level and is fenced off. The majority should be completed by then. CSS is such a spread out resort, if the main beach is a bit too noisy, you can relax around the mineral pool or Sunset Beach.

The construction should be nearly complete. However, the Pallazzina restaurant is not scheduled to reopen until October 31st
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

Just returned from CSS a few days ago. Construction seems to be coming along nicely. From what I could see, it looks like the beachfront rooms were completely gutted. Pretty big crew working on it all. We could see lots of balcony wood replacement and painting. Only noises were occasional power saws, hammers, and some other equipment. At least for us, the noise wasn't too bad. They didn't seem to get started till after 8:30 or so and were finishing up around 5:00...so no noise at night.

Couldn't really tell much about Pallazina, except that they were working on installing the new flooring while we were their. Probably lots of kitchen work going on behind the scenes. They are confident they will be done on time, and they seem to be heading in that direction. Should be beautiful.

Someone mentioned an October 18th arrival date. I would suspect that nearly all the outside work should be done by then, with the fiinishing work going on will be inside the restaurant and inside the rooms, so there should be very little noise.

Can someone give me an update about the construction in Negril, I am going next week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast