Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

We are at CSS now and it is beautiful!!!!!!! Construction is ongoing. There is quite a bit of noise (mostly from saws) during the day at the beach grill and the main pool, but near the water, the waves drown out most of the noise. And there is no construction noise at SSB.

Default Is there ongoing construction at Couples Negril??? Will be there Sept. 25-30, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by I need a vacation! View Post
    We are at CSS now and it is beautiful!!!!!!! Construction is ongoing. There is quite a bit of noise (mostly from saws) during the day at the beach grill and the main pool, but near the water, the waves drown out most of the noise. And there is no construction noise at SSB.
    What about Couples Negril? Any idea if there is construction going on there. Will be there on September 25th, 2015?

Thanks!

AlanfromMO, I don't know about the construction in Negril. There are several couples at CSS now who have been to the resort next to CN which was torn down, but you might want to ask people who are at CN about construction on that side of the island. We were a little concerned when we found out that there would be construction at CSS when we would be here, but it is amazing!!!! The staff couldn't be more friendly, helpful, and accommodating, the food is great, and the grounds are beautiful.

I am glad to hear the construction does not impede on the normal flow of the day. My wife and I are super excited to say we will be coming to CSS in about 2 weeks to see things for ourselves! We got married at CN last year and returning to Couples for our 1 year! Cannot wait to be back!!!

We just returned home from CSS yesterday. Hardly noticed the construction. CSS management and staff have done a great job in seeing that the ongoing remodel did not interfere with our vacation. According to management, remodel is on schedule to be finished by Nov 1st. We had a very relaxing vacation and are looking forward to returning in the future. I would not hesitate to return tomorrow, if time and money would allow. Special shout out to staff members Tanisha and to Vanya!

I heard there are pictures of the changes that have happened at CSS on the website. I can't find them, anyone seen them?

Pictures?? Any chance of seeing the results? We are heading there for Anniversary November 13th and staying in the renovated sections. Is that rock feature in the SSB pool part of the upgrade? If so what is that?

Can anyone give us an update on the room renovations and where they are putting all the guests and how they accommodating the restaurant situation?

Quote Originally Posted by MJandCS View Post
    Pictures?? Any chance of seeing the results? We are heading there for Anniversary November 13th and staying in the renovated sections. Is that rock feature in the SSB pool part of the upgrade? If so what is that?
    the grotto at SSB has been gone for 2+ years., the hot tub has been recessed to pool level and the patio area widened.

keep up to date with the changes on FB

if its a rock feature in the picture you are looking at, its a old picture. That was removed during the last renovation. Which great improved the pool and the looks of SSB. We will be there November 23 for 7 days.

Can anyone there at the present time give an update on the construction disruption at CSS , if any. Is the resort at full capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadofsprout5 View Post
    the grotto at SSB has been gone for 2+ years., the hot tub has been recessed to pool level and the patio area widened.

keep up to date with the changes on FB
    I have tried to use FB but have not found any info there either. Some hints please on where updates and current pictures can be found?

I took this video October 5th, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZ6b0XCroE

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    I took this video October 5th, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZ6b0XCroE
    Thanks for that, Hopefully there will be more pictures and videos of the changes. I'll try to take and post some when I am there a couple weeks.

I called last week, to get an update for our visit next month. I was told all rooms are complete and the remaining renovations would be complete on November 1.

Just arrived at CSS today. Will be here for a week. The A and B block buildings and Italian restaurant are all fenced off and have scaffolding all over them. Just looks like there is still lots to do. Lots of workers and construction noise. I'll try to post quick picture. The construction/noise is "no problem" with my room (in D building), SCUBA diving, and/or at Sunset Beach. Sunset Beach does have a little erosion from the next door river.Tonight's dinner is the Beach Party.

Name:  CSS.jpg
Views: 2209
Size:  43.0 KB

Default Any other work planned?

Due to visit CSS in Feb 2016 (4th visit) and we know there was work planned for A & B blocks plus Palazinna, but does anyone know if they are planning more renovations once that has been completed? It is a pretty long flight for us and I don't fancy spending two weeks on a building site!

Any updates on construction? I thought everything was going to be done by Nov 1st. We are arriving next week on Wednesday.

Let us know here what you see tomorrow. Will be there on Friday.

Everything is done except for parts of the A building. Weather is perfect.

Thank you, was hoping to stay in A Block, as we did last year. Be there tomorrow.

New rooms are finished & very nice. Some hiccups... sensor lights being a bit too sensitive & going on randomly, new kitchen in Palazzina still a work in progress, no a la care service there yet. But still a great resort with plenty of progress.
    Definitely busier this year due to closing of GL.

Quote Originally Posted by MJandCS View Post
    I have tried to use FB but have not found any info there either. Some hints please on where updates and current pictures can be found?

ping me on FB: Rod Bosley

Does anyone know when Palazzina will be complete? Will be there at the end of this week.

Thanks.

Life is good

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4